PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard anything on Fabini?

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 09:13 AM
I havent heard anything and know he was in town yesterday.

I am pleading with Ralph to open up the wallet for Left Tackle.. Fabini is definitely one guy you CANT let walk into town and not sign him.. He's a solid veteran LT at the position that is most important on the entire OL.. This should be a no-brainer, no?

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 09:14 AM
I would think that it would be a no brainer. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if Ralph will open it up.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2006, 09:30 AM
The Buffalo News says he is deciding between the Bills, Pats, and Tampa.

Please remember that singing players is a two way street. Other teams do exist and make offers too.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 09:34 AM
Well TB should be out because they're signing Tom Ashworth from what I heard... And NE is interested in Runyan, I cant see them signing both..

If that's true, unless Wilson low-balled him , which would surprise nobody.. There's still a good chance we may land him.

THAT.. would be a good score.. a VERY good one to fill a very big need.

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Would you take a break from *****in' if they signed him? :peace:

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 09:44 AM
His signing wouldnt hurt.

TedMock
03-17-2006, 09:49 AM
If he's healthy, this would be a nice signing. I keep reading that his health is a question mark. Hopefully, he's good to go, and we ink him. I still feel that our interior line is a bigger need right now. Not that Gandy was awesome on the outside, but he didn't suck either. Our interior o-line was as bad as I've ever seen, and there's no way we could move Gandy inside. I realize he's played guard before, but that is exactly where he was horrible in Chicago. He played fairly well at tackle in Chicago and in Buffalo. He's a great depth guy and an adequate starter, but as a tackle. Of course, I'd rather have Fabini starting. The draft appears to be very deep with interior lineman this year, so I'm pretty sure we have our eyes on a few guys there.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 09:53 AM

YES

Tatonka
03-17-2006, 09:53 AM
fabini is old and coming off an injury..

he is also a RT.

he gave up 7 sacks in 9 games last year..

that is ALOT more than gandy... even though fabini's signing would mean we now have to move peters.. well fabini is not close to as good as peters is at RT at this point.

his signing makes no sense at all.

Tatonka
03-17-2006, 09:54 AM
fabini is not as good as gandy.

gandy held up better against tougher pass rushers on the left side last year.

yeah.. i said that.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 09:55 AM
If he's healthy, this would be a nice signing. I keep reading that his health is a question mark. Hopefully, he's good to go, and we ink him. I still feel that our interior line is a bigger need right now. Not that Gandy was awesome on the outside, but he didn't suck either. Our interior o-line was as bad as I've ever seen, and there's no way we could move Gandy inside. I realize he's played guard before, but that is exactly where he was horrible in Chicago. He played fairly well at tackle in Chicago and in Buffalo. He's a great depth guy and an adequate starter, but as a tackle. Of course, I'd rather have Fabini starting. The draft appears to be very deep with interior lineman this year, so I'm pretty sure we have our eyes on a few guys there.

I think Gandy is more a depth guy than a starter at tackle.. I agree, he wasnt horrible at it last year, but if we're gonna move forward we need better at left tackle.

I wouldnt cut Gandy, I"d keep him as a marcus price.. remember how well price did when he'd come in and play for oft-injured Jonas jennings?

that's gandy's real value to me.

and I also agree with you about the interior.. I'm REALLY hoping we can sign a guard like neal and trade for jeff faine.. that would be SOLID

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 09:55 AM
fabini is old and coming off an injury..

he is also a RT.

he gave up 7 sacks in 9 games last year..

that is ALOT more than gandy... even though fabini's signing would mean we now have to move peters.. well fabini is not close to as good as peters is at RT at this point.

his signing makes no sense at all.

It's just what I said, they are focusing on positions we have covered already. It's lunacy, literally.

casdhf
03-17-2006, 09:56 AM
If that's true, unless Wilson low-balled him , which would surprise nobody.. There's still a good chance we may land him.

THAT.. would be a good score.. a VERY good one to fill a very big need.

you really need to pull your head out of your ass. There are more factors than money that cause a guy to sign. We could have offered him the most money and he wanted to go south for less ... or to the team that won 3 super bowls in 5 years for less ..

you really need to get over this money thing and quit assuming that our GM is just being cheap.

mybills
03-17-2006, 10:09 AM
YES
:pray:

:D

TedMock
03-17-2006, 10:17 AM
I think Gandy is more a depth guy than a starter at tackle.. I agree, he wasnt horrible at it last year, but if we're gonna move forward we need better at left tackle.

I wouldnt cut Gandy, I"d keep him as a marcus price.. remember how well price did when he'd come in and play for oft-injured Jonas jennings?

that's gandy's real value to me.

and I also agree with you about the interior.. I'm REALLY hoping we can sign a guard like neal and trade for jeff faine.. that would be SOLID

I completely agree with your assessment of Gandy. Faine would be nice, but I have a feeling Cleveland is going to keep themselves in that sweet situation. Both Faine and Bentley could play both center and guard, and both have done so successfully at either position. They have the cash to do it, so they should.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 10:21 AM
It's being reported they are shopping Faine. He could play guard though you're right about that.

Why do I have a feeling Bennie Anderson is going to be the only starter not back next season (with Preston inheriting from Teague)

Iehoshua
03-17-2006, 10:23 AM
The Buffalo News says he is deciding between the Bills, Pats, and Tampa.

Please remember that singing players is a two way street. Other teams do exist and make offers too.
No, no, Lecter. The Bills must throw absurd amounts of money at players just so we can say we're doing something. We can't attempt to be frugal with our spending or exercise patience! Sign sign sign!
:crazy:

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 11:03 AM
No, no, Lecter. The Bills must throw absurd amounts of money at players just so we can say we're doing something. We can't attempt to be frugal with our spending or exercise patience! Sign sign sign!
:crazy:

Miami got immediate help from 3 great players and the total cap hit was $7.5 Million.

HAMMER
03-17-2006, 01:15 PM
I think a change at center will do a lot to improve this line, if they think Preston is the guy then let em rip. He should hold up better than Teague's old legs.

Fabini is an injury risk that I would not want, go younger, build the line with a great o-line draft choice. We are more than a year away given our current QB situation.

ZacGriffi~82
03-17-2006, 01:44 PM
There's a reason why Jets fans hate the guy. We would be just signing a name.

BTW, i heard he is going to sign with Dallas.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Runyan is the only sure thing tackle left out there.. anybody else you're taking a shot with..

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 01:47 PM
But I dont see Runyan signing with Buffalo if contending teams like Dallas or NE offer the same money.. WIlson would have to give him more if thats the guy they really want.