PDA

View Full Version : Here is a breakdown of our signings so far, they suck

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 10:31 AM
1) Bowen is a backup safety who was a disappointment in Washington.
2) Royal is a young blocking tight end who caught a couple of passes in Washington.
3) Davis can't stay healthy enough to stay on the field but is fast. If you like a fast wide receiver who hasn't accomplished anything in his career Davis is your guy.
The Bills have a huge hole at defensive tackle after the signing of Tripplett that will most likely be filled in the draft but what happens if an injury occurs to one of the starters?
What about the offensive line/DL?

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 10:35 AM
"If I can't Start on my Team.....I'm signing with Buffalo!!!!"

TedMock
03-17-2006, 10:44 AM
1) Bowen is a backup safety who was a disappointment in Washington.
2) Royal is a young blocking tight end who caught a couple of passes in Washington.
3) Davis can't stay healthy enough to stay on the field but is fast. If you like a fast wide receiver who hasn't accomplished anything in his career Davis is your guy.
The Bills have a huge hole at defensive tackle after the signing of Tripplett that will most likely be filled in the draft but what happens if an injury occurs to one of the starters?
What about the offensive line/DL?

1. 100% your opinion, and completely unwarranted. I live in the DC area, and work in DC. The fans here LOVE Bowens. He was a starter in the old system, he's a fast, hard-hitting, guy who actually does fit very nicely into what we're supposedly doing. He's also a good special teamer. I think this is quietly a very solid move.

2. Basic fact. True.

3a. Davis - true. Let's hope he stays healthy from here on. He's got speed and good size, but it's an outside shot, at a low price. No biggie.

3b. We have a bunch of backup DT's. That's not the problem. We do need another starter though.

3c. We've brought in a few, but haven't been able to land. None of us know why. Luckily the draft is very deep with interior OL this year. Interior OL happens to be our biggest weakness, so thank god the draft is deep. We still have to wait until after 4/29-4/30 to make any sort of educated opinion as to whether or not that area is being addressed.

SquishDaFish
03-17-2006, 11:47 AM
You are totally wrong and deserve to be tied to a tree with T-Bone strapped to your naked body with a pack of Wolves unleashed on your ass for these stupid POSTS!!
Bowen was loved in Washington and had a great year in 03 LOOK AT THE STATS MORON!!
Royal was signed for the idea of having him a 2nd TE in our scheme as the blocking TE which he does Awesome by the way.
Davis is a 1 year deal and if he can stay healthy maybe give us something great for the price.
The draft is for the depth of the team im sure they will draft a couple DLmen not to mention sign another in FA which by the way ISNT OVER YET!!!

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Bowen is an upgrade over Coy Wire, not much more than that... If he's that good you wouldnt be referrign to 2003 as evidence, you'd be talking about 2004-05..

But having said that, I got no problem with him. He seems to fit what kind of team we're going to have well.

I have no problem if finances prevent levy from being aggresive in FA, as long as he can turn the tables and becomes a mad scientist on draft day. Thats what will effect this team for the next 3-4 years

SpanishBill
03-17-2006, 12:27 PM
Bowen is an upgrade over Coy Wire, not much more than that... If he's that good you wouldnt be referrign to 2003 as evidence, you'd be talking about 2004-05.
I guess people refer to 2003 because it was his last full season, as he suffered a torn ACL on his right knee at the begining of 2004 and then was placed on IR. It's not unusual for a starter to lose his job when injured if the backup steps up. If you're the coach, you pull out the backup who's playing good, or you give the kid (in this case his replacement is younger, if i'm not mistaken) a chance to be the full starter? I think that's what happened in Washington.

I'm not saying that Bowen is an All-Pro, but he was starting material once, so maybe he could be that once again ;)

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 12:29 PM
I like him better than Coy Wire.. I have no problem with Bowen on this roster at all ,ESPECIALLY if he's a special teamer too. I just wouldnt be ready to pencil him as the starting safety yet.

TedMock
03-17-2006, 12:34 PM
S.B. beat me to it. He was injured a good chunk of 2003, and isn't the safety for the 46. No biggie. I don't think he's a pro-bowler, but I bet he's a solid starter in this scheme. I heard a guy on the radio the other day complaining about fans who ***** about their teams not signing a bunch of studs (I'm not addressing you, or anybody else, just a general statement). He was actually referring to the Redskins fans, then broadened it to address everybody. Anyway, he had a pretty funny analogy. The best meal you can eat doesn't include just a bunch of filet mignon. You need your quality appetizer, side-dishes, and extras on the plate. I thought it was funny.

SpanishBill
03-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I like him better than Coy Wire.. I have no problem with Bowen on this roster at all ,ESPECIALLY if he's a special teamer too. I just wouldnt be ready to pencil him as the starting safety yet.
Absolutely agree with you. My point is that he was a valuable starter once, so I would not discard him to be one of our starting safeties this upcoming season, specially if the other option is Wire...:(

He wasn't the best safety in FA, but probably was the only decent FA safety that wanted to sign with us, so I'm pretty happy with his signing.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 12:36 PM
S.B. beat me to it. He was injured a good chunk of 2003, and isn't the safety for the 46. No biggie. I don't think he's a pro-bowler, but I bet he's a solid starter in this scheme. I heard a guy on the radio the other day complaining about fans who ***** about their teams not signing a bunch of studs (I'm not addressing you, or anybody else, just a general statement). He was actually referring to the Redskins fans, then broadened it to address everybody. Anyway, he had a pretty funny analogy. The best meal you can eat doesn't include just a bunch of filet mignon. You need your quality appetizer, side-dishes, and extras on the plate. I thought it was funny.

Wish the Bills had a little more filet. Too many twice baked potatoes on the plate now.

SpanishBill
03-17-2006, 12:46 PM
Wish the Bills had a little more filet. Too many twice baked potatoes on the plate now.
Don't want to mess with the little fight you and others have in the forum right now (pretty interesting, BTW), but you really are being very negative :(

Do you realice that to bring the filet, the filet first wants to come here? With the CBA extension we wern't even in the position to compete for big FAs with money, probably the only atractive thing we've got right now. Take the Pickett case: he said that while being in Buffalo, he was in permanent touch with two other teams. Don't you think he might used us just to get the money he wanted from the OTHER two teams? Maybe Marv saw that and withdrew fron the bidding war. I'm all for that, f*** Pickett.

So, if the filet does not come, say hello to and embrace the twiced baked potatoes that DO want to play for us. Anyways, I truly don't think that our signings should be labeled as twice baked potatoes... but, hey it's just me.

SpanishBill
03-17-2006, 12:49 PM
Anyway, he had a pretty funny analogy. The best meal you can eat doesn't include just a bunch of filet mignon. You need your quality appetizer, side-dishes, and extras on the plate. I thought it was funny.
Funny and pretty accurate. Nice post.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 01:18 PM
Don't want to mess with the little fight you and others have in the forum right now (pretty interesting, BTW), but you really are being very negative :(

Do you realice that to bring the filet, the filet first wants to come here? With the CBA extension we wern't even in the position to compete for big FAs with money, probably the only atractive thing we've got right now. Take the Pickett case: he said that while being in Buffalo, he was in permanent touch with two other teams. Don't you think he might used us just to get the money he wanted from the OTHER two teams? Maybe Marv saw that and withdrew fron the bidding war. I'm all for that, f*** Pickett.

So, if the filet does not come, say hello to and embrace the twiced baked potatoes that DO want to play for us. Anyways, I truly don't think that our signings should be labeled as twice baked potatoes... but, hey it's just me.

Valid points SB, valid points.