PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Denver would go both #1's....

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 10:51 AM
for #8? Yeah I know cap room blah blah blah. But on value it would be a good move for them. 1 Signing bonus instead of two and 1 first round salary instead of two. I am not hip to giving up future picks esp first rounders.

Looking at the chart...

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

That would be about right in value.

The other option is give them our #8 in the 3rd round this year and next years 2nd rounder for #22.

OR

Our 2nd this year and next years 3rd.

There are options there.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 10:54 AM
for #8? Yeah I know cap room blah blah blah. But on value it would be a good move for them. 1 Signing bonus instead of two and 1 first round salary instead of two. I am not hip to giving up future picks esp first rounders.

Looking at the chart...

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/pick_value_chart.htm

That would be about right in value.

The other option is give them our #8 in the 3rd round this year and next years 2nd rounder for #22.

OR

Our 2nd this year and next years 3rd.

There are options there.

I have an idea, how about we get some FA's in positions we need filled on the lines?

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 10:56 AM
how about if you want to discuss THIS topic you stay on it, otherwise stay off of the thread.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 10:59 AM
how about if you want to discuss THIS topic you stay on it, otherwise stay off of the thread.

Fair, I actually like your idea, 8th pick for 2 1st rounders. Is there a possibility that we are going to get some compensation in the form of an extra draft picks in the 1st round as well?? From previously lost talent we had?

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 11:09 AM
It's related to THIS TOPIC because what you do with your OL before the draft via FA would effect if you'd make this trade if you were the Bills.

It is a topic that makes you think.. You're right salary-wise about Denver.. It would be cheaper to pay 1 signing bonus and not 2..

For Buffalo, they can use 2 first rounders instead of one because there is no way in the world one first-rounder is going to make a lick of difference in 2006.

If, Ice.. DEnver offered 22 and 29 for the 8th pick. I would take it and then this is what I personally would do.

Id make only THREE moves via FA before the draft: Another DT, an OT and a STARTING 2nd WR (Davis is no starter) I"d try my a$$ off to get a WR like Caldwell in here to be our #2 and I'd find the best DT that's left out there (To my knowledge that would be Grady Jackson but maybe marv likes someone we dont know about.) I still want Runyan to play the right (Peters on the left) but I'd settle for Fabini or Kenyetta Walker.

Then on draft day with this trade I'd SURELY go
22- Nick Mangold, C
29- Charles Spencer, G

These guys are F'n FEROCIOUS and I guarentee you in two years between them and Peters nobody would be talking smack about our OL..

You ride out Villarrial to see what he has left and after 2006 if he's on empty you replace him as a top priority via 2007 FA.

Gandy and Preston would be my backups, providing quality (and much needed) depth.

My 2006 line would look like this:
Peters- Spencer- Mangold- Villarial- Runyan/Other FA

Might not be so great in 2006 but give them a year to gel (this is more than a 1 year project, yes?) and by 2007 this line would REAL GOOD.

(BTW, second round pick I take the BEST safety that's on the board: Bing, Simpson or Bullocks)

So I actually am with you on this one.. If Denver was down to move up to 8, I would take the deal for 22 and 29.

That is a very good way to rebuild a team and not just put a band aid on a huge wound> If you're not aggresive in FA (and we're obviously not) the best thing to do is trade down from 8 and try to stockpile young guys that will contribute to whatever your master plan is.

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 11:13 AM
The ONLY change I make is if we dont' sign DT. I go Bunkley then Mangold then Joseph in the 2nd!

Starters at Center, Guard and DT. Now I know that is a lot of youth at Center and LG but both have a veteran on each side of them. It will be gandy or Fabini at LT and Villarial at RG. Being 'closed in' like that helps them a ton.

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 11:14 AM
And if you look at the chart (and ALL teams us it) that is a perfect trade, 22/29 for #8.

SquishDaFish
03-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Pat thats the smartest and best post you made in a week

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 11:21 AM
The ONLY change I make is if we dont' sign DT. I go Bunkley then Mangold then Joseph in the 2nd!

Starters at Center, Guard and DT. Now I know that is a lot of youth at Center and LG but both have a veteran on each side of them. It will be gandy or Fabini at LT and Villarial at RG. Being 'closed in' like that helps them a ton.

I'm confused here. What draft pick numbers are you going by with Bunkley and Mangold?

Are you talking about the 8 for 22/29 trade? There's not a chance in France if you are that Bunkley is getting past Philly at 14. He'll be long gone before 22.

We are in agreement with Mangold, love that dude he's got Pro Bowl written all over him. If more teams werent scared to take a center so high he'd be a top 12 pick.

From what I seen and heard, I got Spencer ahead of Joseph, though either would be a hell of a lot better than Bennie Anderson. either is great at 29 for us.

And I still think second round is a safety spot.. Let Rashad Baker play some but I dont want him starting; until 07 for Vincent.. We can get a real good safety at early 2nd.. and WR with first pick in the third.

of course, this is assuming we can land at least one more DT in FA before the draft.

at any rate, I LOVe the trade scenario as opposed to taking Ngata at 8

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm confused here. What draft pick numbers are you going by with Bunkley and Mangold?

Are you talking about the 8 for 22/29 trade? There's not a chance in France if you are that Bunkley is getting past Philly at 14. He'll be long gone before 22.

We are in agreement with Mangold, love that dude he's got Pro Bowl written all over him. If more teams werent scared to take a center so high he'd be a top 12 pick.

From what I seen and heard, I got Spencer ahead of Joseph, though either would be a hell of a lot better than Bennie Anderson. either is great at 29 for us.

And I still think second round is a safety spot.. Let Rashad Baker play some but I dont want him starting; until 07 for Vincent.. We can get a real good safety at early 2nd.. and WR with first pick in the third.

of course, this is assuming we can land at least one more DT in FA before the draft.

at any rate, I LOVe the trade scenario as opposed to taking Ngata at 8

Yeah Bunkley might not make it down to 22. But there will be other DT's in round 2-3 if need be. And look who knows what this new DL coach (most are calling the best in the league) can do with Tim anderson? Who knows?

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 12:51 PM
Mantavious Stanley and Rod Wright are two names that could slip into the third round.. I'd like either of them.

Actually, I'd love to have Sam Adams back.. Can we uncut him?!

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Mantavious Stanley and Rod Wright are two names that could slip into the third round.. I'd like either of them.

Actually, I'd love to have Sam Adams back.. Can we uncut him?! Too fat, too old, and was a problem. I don't care what HE wanted. If a coach says do this, you do it. You dont say FU to the coaching staff and go rogue on the field. Miami ran all over us at home in 04 thanks to him doing just that.

When you get benched two years in a row, then pack your stuff and go home, you won't last on most teams. He will be on his 5th team soon I believe. For such an apperant talent, why is he on his 5th team? Because about his 3rd or 4th year somewhere attitude problems come about. There has been press on this but I am not going to go dig though the internet to try and find it.