PDA

View Full Version : New visitors just announced at OBD

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 01:13 PM
RB Anthony Thomas, LB Paris Lenon, QB Craig Nall, G Steve Neal, DL Israel Idonije

There ya go. See I told ya to give marv some time Geez. Neal is here and FYI, I read on another board and checked, the pats have taken him off of their site. And ATrain would be a GREAT backup for us. that would be one hell of a 1-2 punch to keep both backs fresh!

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 01:15 PM
RB Anthony Thomas, LB Paris Lenon, QB Craig Nall, G Steve Neal, DL Israel Idonije

There ya go. See I told ya to give marv some time Geez. Neal is here and FYI, I read on another board and checked, the pats have taken him off of their site. And ATrain would be a GREAT backup for us. that would be one hell of a 1-2 punch to keep both backs fresh!

A step in the right direction, lets see if the Denny's Lunch & dinner package is enough to keep them here.

lordofgun
03-17-2006, 01:23 PM
A step in the right direction, lets see if the Denny's Lunch & dinner package is enough to keep them here.
That never gets old!

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2006, 01:30 PM
If they don't all of those guys in the next 15 minutes I'm gonna throw a hissy fit.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 01:33 PM
That never gets old!

You have a point.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 01:38 PM
I only care about one of those guys.. and his name is
STEPHEN NEAL
This guy is a BIG BIG (did I say big) UPGRADE over Bennie Anderson. I LOVE guys that have super bowl experience too. He's BEEN on my list of 5 Fa's i'd love to have

Ice, you're right about A-Train.. Quality backup who knows what its like to start should Willis go down.

Nall, blah.

Paris Lenon would spell the end of Posey and i'm sure come cheaper so that wouldn't be bad... Idonije I dont know anything about but he's a Bear defensive linemen and they're all pretty good.

I'm telling you now though, the Robert Royal hissyfit will be NOTHING compared if they leave without signing Neal.. I dont care if they have to kidnap this kid.

Idonije has making fun of Marv written all over him if that's the only guy we come out of this with.

bigbub2352
03-17-2006, 01:38 PM
steve neal would be steady and is probably the best guard on the market he is sound at that position see yah Bennie Anderson, Also I would luv to see Anthony Thomas here he is as good a backup as any in the league Shaud proved to be in affective i would luv to have lionel gates, anthony thomas, and Willis as the backfeild next year big improvement in my opinion

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Neal today and Fabini yesterday shows that Marv def knows what its all about and where this team needs to go.. I like it.

It's up to Mr. Wilson now to ensure these building blocks happen.

TigerJ
03-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Israel Idonije is an intriguing name. He's big enough he might be able to move inside. Or he has ideal size for RT. He did not go to college. He's from Nigeria by way of Canada. He last played in Chicago according to NFL.com. He's still pretty young and is, I assume very raw, but what little experience he does have is in the system Buffalo wants to run. I would assume Perry Fewell is familiar with him, and he's pretty quick for a guy his size. He wouldn't be a starter anytime soon, but he'd be a cheap replacement for Denney with maybe some upside.

justasportsfan
03-17-2006, 01:42 PM
Neal is listed as a DT on NFL.com :idunno:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/245401

Dr. Lecter
03-17-2006, 01:43 PM
Neal today and Fabini yesterday shows that Marv def knows what its all about and where this team needs to go.. I like it.

I agree Neal would be great, but it is not only up to Ralph.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Ice , you ARE talking about NE guard Stephen Neal right??

and Tiger, I agree with ya.

mysticsoto
03-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Neal is listed as a DT on NFL.com :idunno:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/245401

Wow! He is versatile!!!

Jaybird
03-17-2006, 01:49 PM
Neilk a good character guy, isnt that what marv wants. i heard that brady was pushing hard for the pats to bring him back, i hope not. we need a good backup back and a-train would be a great fit. Lets hoe for the best boys!!!

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 01:49 PM

Look we can't force anyone to sign with us and fans better understand Marv won't overpay. Overdorf has done a hell of a job offering fair contracts so far. Either the guys accept them or we draft a line.

Personally if we sign Fabini and Neal we MUST trade down and get Mangold.

Gunzlingr
03-17-2006, 01:52 PM
How are they all going to fit in Ralph's Taurus?

I would love to see Neal here.

EE, what do you think of A-Train?

TedMock
03-17-2006, 01:54 PM
Neal would be sweet. Only 6 sacks allowed in 31 starts.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Look we can't force anyone to sign with us and fans better understand Marv won't overpay. Overdorf has done a hell of a job offering fair contracts so far. Either the guys accept them or we draft a line.

Personally if we sign Fabini and Neal we MUST trade down and get Mangold.

Sometimes if you want to get better you have to pry the wallet at some point.. Neal is one of those times.. I'm not saying give him the ranch but this is a guy worth investing a nice signing bonus in. He gives Buffalo a lot more options come draft day because it's a guard you can plug in and not have to worry about. Remember our trade discussion earlier Ice? That would give us a lot more options, correct?

I''ll take Neal over Fabini if we can only get one..

Neal btw, is rated the top UFA guard on the market by scout.com.. Only Hutch ranks ahead of him (obviously)

ICE74129
http://www.patriots.com/team/index.cfm?ac=players&SortResults=3&SortDirection=ASC&pn=1

Neil is no longer listed on the teams site. I agree we need this kid. If brady is pushing as hard as he apperantly did, I am all for him and Fabini handling our left side.

don137
[QUOTE=Gunzlingr]How are they all going to fit in Ralph's Taurus?

QUOTE]

:ROFL:

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Yes, his stats are good.. Plus, he's a good guy, a scraper, former wrestler and he does have SUper Bowl experience, something I think is important to a locker room.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Do we even have a guy on our roster anymore with Super Bowl experience now that ADams and Milloy are gone?

Devin
03-17-2006, 01:59 PM

Neal! :jam:

Bombdiggity
03-17-2006, 02:00 PM
I hope to god (Marv) we sign these guys

Mudflap1
03-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Neal and Fabini would be a definite step in the right direction. While neither one are dominant, they are a HUGE upgrade over what we've got. Thomas would be fine as a backup to McGahee.

Jon

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 02:04 PM
We get neil and Fabini and our OL looks 100% different

madness
03-17-2006, 02:04 PM
:hang: (Just to make sure some of you don't forgot where you came from...)

justasportsfan
03-17-2006, 02:08 PM
You sure change your mind faster than Kerry.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Neal is the best available at a spot where guard was the single-biggest weakness on our team.. Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a no-brainer..

Give him some Anchor Bar wings, Ricks Tally-Ho sloots.. I dont care what it takes.. DO NOT let this man escape without a 5-year contract!

Marv said offensive line was priority one.. Now's the time to get rrr done.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Just.. I never "changed my mind" I just want impact players.. Neal for SURE and fabini are exactly what I want to see.

HAMMER
03-17-2006, 02:10 PM

Back on the wagon for the afternoon, good man.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 02:11 PM
I just want something POSITIVE to write about!

My article from yahoo sports last week got on Bills.com this week and I got about 1,000 death threats.

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 02:15 PM
I just want something POSITIVE to write about!

My article from yahoo sports last week got on Bills.com this week and I got about 1,000 death threats.

1001 now.

Philagape
03-17-2006, 02:38 PM
Someone go steal Neal's spark plugs so he can't escape

ublinkwescore
03-17-2006, 02:52 PM
Neal would be sweet. Only 6 sacks allowed in 31 starts.

If that's true, Marv better show him the freakin' money - these lines are what kept us out of the playoffs last year.

Skill positions are all set - even with Moulds' inevitable departure.

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 02:55 PM
You sure change your mind faster than Kerry.

The wind changed directions on him. I'm about to nickname him 'Weathervane'

Tatonka
03-17-2006, 03:12 PM

do you have split personality?

pintonick96
03-17-2006, 03:23 PM
I remember in the beginning of FA the Bills saying they wanted a big back for a #2 guy. Anthony Thomas is exactly that.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
03-17-2006, 07:32 PM
If that's true, Marv better show him the freakin' money - these lines are what kept us out of the playoffs last year.

Skill positions are all set - even with Moulds' inevitable departure.

Marv doesn't show anyone the $ I mean he is the GM he's the guy that brings the players in but Modrak is handling the deals. See my sig.

Michael82
03-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Come on Marv....sign Neal tomorrow morning. Announce his signing along with Jason Fabini. :pray:

Bill Brasky
03-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Neal, along with Bentley, was a guy I was hoping they would go after! Get Bennie out of there!

Bling
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
If you guys pull in Neal, then you will go from a horrendous offseason to a mediocre one. Go for it!

DraftBoy
03-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Signing; Neal, Fabini, and Thomas would help to improve an already decent offseason FA class.

The_Philster
03-18-2006, 05:49 AM
If they don't all of those guys in the next 15 minutes I'm gonna throw a hissy fit.If you didn't yet, I know a few people have

Do we even have a guy on our roster anymore with Super Bowl experience now that ADams and Milloy are gone?Fletcher