PDA

View Full Version : LOL. Chris Hope disses Dolphins.

Crisis
03-17-2006, 05:41 PM
He sounds like a punk, but I found this amusing.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=131139

"I don't want to hear about no perfect 1972 season and tradition. I want to know what are you going to do for Chris Hope today and in the future. Dont sell me no sunshine and palm trees, I don't care about a 1972 Super Bowl".

Devin
03-17-2006, 05:49 PM
:roflmao:

LtFinFan66
03-17-2006, 05:58 PM
:down: He is a punk but so are many other guys out there. That's becoming more and more the player of today and it sucks. Show me the money and screw tradition.

AndreReed83
03-17-2006, 06:07 PM
He may be a punk, but he's right. Who cares about some Superbowl team in 1972? Would you care if the 49ers were wooing him with tradition and he said, "Screw the 1980's, I don't care they won one in the mid 90's, I want to know what they will do for Chris Hope today and in the future." Just like I expect Marv isn't wooing people here because of the early 90's.

dplus47
03-17-2006, 06:11 PM
He may be a punk, but he's right. Who cares about some Superbowl team in 1972? Would you care if the 49ers were wooing him with tradition and he said, "Screw the 1980's, I don't care they won one in the mid 90's, I want to know what they will do for Chris Hope today and in the future." Just like I expect Marv isn't wooing people here because of the early 90's.

so would it be cool if everybody who visits OBD and doesn't sign goes on the air and badmouths the organization? whether he's "right" or not, i don't see the point unless he just wants to hear himself talk. it sounds like he was upset that miami didn't offer him what he thought he was worth.

!Papacrunk!
03-17-2006, 06:17 PM
It is amusing when peeps talk in the third person. I remember when Seau did it, and thought, man I need to annoy more people and talk in the 3rd person myself.
I guess tradition isn't for everyone, good luck in your future endeavors Hope.

AndreReed83
03-17-2006, 06:19 PM
so would it be cool if everybody who visits OBD and doesn't sign goes on the air and badmouths the organization? whether he's "right" or not, i don't see the point unless he just wants to hear himself talk. it sounds like he was upset that miami didn't offer him what he thought he was worth.

I'm talking about the idea of trying to sign people with your history, but heck, let's look at it from a money standpoint for a sec. Maybe he was offered less then others were offering and the tradition aspect was being thrown out there to make up for it. To some people, that could be considered a slap to the face.

As for dissing the Bills. If the Bills tried to sign everyone that came in for less money and used the mid-90s or OJ and the Electric Company as the reason for it, I wouldn't blame players for blasting the team.

AndreReed83
03-17-2006, 06:21 PM
It is amusing when peeps talk in the third person. I remember when Seau did it, and thought, man I need to annoy more people and talk in the 3rd person myself.

AndreReed83 says youz crazy!

Devin
03-17-2006, 06:21 PM
whether hes right or not is irrelevant. While its funny because its the fins....any player doing that stuff publicly is being an idiot.

If you wanna say that to the Fins while they are talking to you fine....but dont air stuff like that.

dominizzo
03-17-2006, 06:47 PM
Who cares what this FOOL says.....he didn't do nuthin for pittsburgh and is going to the titans because they gave him more PAPER....obviously he don't care about TRADITION and playing for the greatest franchise in all of professional sports!

You bills homers are mad because you know there was NO CHANCE he would sign with the bills anyway.

dplus47
03-17-2006, 06:49 PM
I'm talking about the idea of trying to sign people with your history, but heck, let's look at it from a money standpoint for a sec. Maybe he was offered less then others were offering and the tradition aspect was being thrown out there to make up for it. To some people, that could be considered a slap to the face.

As for dissing the Bills. If the Bills tried to sign everyone that came in for less money and used the mid-90s or OJ and the Electric Company as the reason for it, I wouldn't blame players for blasting the team.

there's no state income tax in florida, and that makes up for far more than tradition. if hope's agent didn't tell him that, he needs to get better people around him. anyway, i don't think saban was trying to use tradition to sign anyone. that isn't going to fly with many people, and nick is no dummy. if he is recruiting on tradition, i guess it has worked on a few key players (e.g. kevin carter & vonnie holliday are two decent saban pickups).

dplus47
03-17-2006, 06:55 PM

hope is still learning about using the third person. he shifts from "i don't want to hear" to "what can you do for chris hope..." it should be "chris hope doesn't want to hear." maybe he'll pick some pointers from pac-man in nashville.

andrereed83 has it down! dplus47 is still working on it. i'm not sure he'll ever make the full-time switch: there's too much thinking and translating involved.

Bulldog
03-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Who cares what this FOOL says.....he didn't do nuthin for pittsburgh and is going to the titans because they gave him more PAPER....obviously he don't care about TRADITION and playing for the greatest franchise in all of professional sports!

You bills homers are mad because you know there was NO CHANCE he would sign with the bills anyway.

Obviously you're pissed because he didn't care about the perfect season in 1972 and neither do we. This is a show me the money league, and Miami cleary didn't show him the money. Cry me a river!

Crisis
03-17-2006, 07:01 PM

He didn't do anything in Pittsburgh but win a superbowl. lol

Bling
03-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Who says they talked about 1972? I'm sure he's saying that to mean he's sick of the talk Miami gets year in and year out about 1972 and maybe while he was touring our offices he saw the celebration of 1972. It annoys you, ok. Don't go around making it seem like we put you in a room dedicated to 1972, and asked you to jackoff with a jersey of Bob Griese signed by the whole team of 1972. No, we offered you XYZ million, and you didn't want it. Move on.

Al13
03-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Obviously you're pissed because he didn't care about the perfect season in 1972 and neither do we. This is a show me the money league, and Miami cleary didn't show him the money. Cry me a river!

yeah we didnīt show him the money because we need it for LaVar Arrington or Julian Peterson you know....:up: