• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

WR Reed contract numbers

Haggan and Reed agree to terms with Bills
    The Buffalo Bills agreed to terms with restricted free-agent linebacker Mario Haggan and unrestricted free-agent wide receiver Josh Reed. Reed signed a four-year deal for $10 million, with a $2 million signing bonus, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports.

Haggan was a seventh-round pick in 2003 and was a highly regarded member of Buffalo's special-teams unit. Haggan led the Bills with 25 special-teams tackles in 2005. Haggan played in all 32 games in the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

In 2005, Reed was one of two Buffalo Bills to catch a pass in all 16 games. Reed registered 32 receptions for 449 yards and two touchdowns in 2005.

$10 million for 4 years, including a $2 million SB

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
  • ZacGriffi~82
    • Jun 2003

Re: WR Reed contract numbers

Not bad:

Josh Reed

32 Catches 450 Yards 2 TDs

Antaan Randle El

35 Catches 550 Yards 1 TD

----

Josh Reed's Salary

4 Years, 10 Million, and 2 Million Sb

Antwaan Randle El's Salary

7 Years, 31 Million
    www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Bills | Contract update: J. Reed
      Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:35:06 -0800
      ESPN.com's John Clayton reports Buffalo Bills WR Josh Reed signed a four-year deal for $10 million, with a $2 million signing bonus to remain with the Bills.

Reed had better catch the damn ball.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i am actually really really happy that we resigned him.. as much as he has frustrated me.. i KNOW that he still has great potential.. he showed it as a rookie.. and i can still remember the way he just absolutely dominated everyone at LSU.. his senior year, his per game average was something like 150 yards..

i really believe that his confidence was shoot pretty hard he didnt have a good season when he was forced to replace price his second year, then moulds got hurt that same year.. he essentially became the number one guy.. and he wasnt ready..

i hope this deal will give him some security and help his confidence, because he has everything a top wr needs.. he just needs to do it.. hang on to that ball reed.

i dont know why.. i just cant help but like him.

i would have been disappointed to see him go to a different team.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I'd say that Moulds days are numbered with Davis, Evans, Reed, and Parrish already in the lineup.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
            unrestricted free-agent wide receiver Josh Reed. Reed signed a four-year deal for $10 million, with a $2 million signing bonus, ESPN.com's John Clayton reports.

$10 million for 4 years, including a $2 million SB

10 mil for Royal I can sort of understand. He'll start and block.

Josh Friggin Reed ? Was there any competition for him ? His hands have always been inconsistent.

I guess we're done with WR and maybe TE.....Wow.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i am fine with it.

people just dont look at andre davis as a number two.. but he was in cleveland.. he had 11 tds in 2 seasons.. but injuries kept him off the field.. he is a number two though.. and if healthy, i am fine with it.

roscoe and reed are perfect in the slot..

i like our wrs.

last year.. pittsburg had who? ward and ?.. a bunch of guys that no one thought could be better than number 3s and 4s..

they made plays when they needed to.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                i am fine with it.

people just dont look at andre davis as a number two.. but he was in cleveland.. he had 11 tds in 2 seasons.. but injuries kept him off the field.. he is a number two though.. and if healthy, i am fine with it.

i like our wrs.

last year.. pittsburg had who? ward and ?.. a bunch of guys that no one thought could be better than number 3s and 4s..

I agree completely.

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  i am fine with it.

i like our wrs.

AND Every WR for the Steelers are former QB's! Look the Reed thing is fine, but a 10 mill contract and 2 mill per year? Moulds is gone.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Some of us cut Moulds some slack saying that he never had a regular qb, coach,OL,etc. We forget that Reed has had the same. I would love to see him perform in a consistent system with a stable qb.

He may have dropped some balls but he's bailed out Jp and Holcomb quite a lot as well while playing with both qb's for the first time. We would've been in bigger crap last year if we didn't have him when Parrish went down. I'll take him over Aiken for now who hasn't done squat during his tenure here.

If what we have right now (less Moulds) is all we're gonna have for next season we could sure use Everett in the passing game. Not a single wr on our roster is a proven no.1 . Not even Evans.

Our wr's are fast though. We better have an OL that can hold up while they run deep with Fairchilds system , a pass happy one at that. I hope Fairchild does better with his pass happy system better than Gilbride could. Hopefully Marv knows how to build an OL that could get this done because TD didn't know how to.

Marv is not the cap guy on this team but I'm sure he remembers what it's like to have an OL headed by Kent Hull plus he has very high respect for McNally. I doubt he forces players like Lawrence Smith or Bennie Anderson down Mouse's throat and tell him "make him a probowler" like TD did.

PS . I hope Wilson looks as good as advertised at camp. Time to step it up.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Reed was the Best WR in football the year he came out after playing in the toughest confrence in NCAA Ball. he has had some drops, hell he had a lax attitude his 2nd year. But the man has matured and worked hard. He will be an asset for us for the next few years.

Davis was a #2 WR and I think he will do well in that role again.

Evans was more talented, had a better attitude, less knocks, more speed, better routes and better hands than Moulds did coming out. Its FACT go look at both of thier reports coming out of college. Trust me I compared them when I thought we were going to take Evans. It is his 3rd year. Just like Moulds it is time to step it up and be the #1 guy. I remember MANY saying Moulds wasn't ready to take over for reed. they were wrong then, and fans are wrong now. Evans is ready to take over. 'But I haven't seen...' blah blah blah, neither did anyone 'See anything in moulds that showed he was ready'. This is just a right of passage all fans go though.

Marv has offered the guy from Arizona a contract. I am sure Fabini was offered one as well. We will draft linemen. Offering a contract to a player is all Marv can do. The Line WILL be address period, give it time.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                        I'd say that Moulds days are numbered with Davis, Evans, Reed, and Parrish already in the lineup.
                        And the fact he said he doesn't want to play here anymore was a hint, too
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                          • Aug 2004

I think the Bills retained their WR coach, right? So they must have looked Reed fairly closely before they made the decision.

Reed started his NFL career with promise. But he proved that he's not a #2 receiver in this league in his 2nd year. Year 3 he's hurt, played very little. Year 4 saw him coming back and proved to be effective when used and appeared to have a good rapport with Losman - it appears Losman looks for Evans first and Reed 2nd.

I think I heard Reed himself admitted that he's best suited for the slot, a guy running the medium routes, "moving the chain" in his words. Moulds obviously is not in Bills future, so we have down field guys of Evans, Parrish, and Davis, leaving Reed and Royle going for the short routes.

Comment

• ZacGriffi~82
                            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh

I think I heard Reed himself admitted that he's best suited for the slot, a guy running the medium routes, "moving the chain" in his words. Moulds obviously is not in Bills future, so we have down field guys of Evans, Parrish, and Davis, leaving Reed and Royle going for the short routes.
                            Well he's right. 70% of his catches were first downs. Compared to say, Eric Moulds 40%

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                              And the fact he said he doesn't want to play here anymore was a hint, too
                              buddy at work has a brother who's friends with Moulds..supposedly that's all the agent talking..Eric should fire that agent for putting words in his mouth if that's true
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X