TO and DB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THE END OF ALL DAYS
    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
    • Feb 2005

TO and DB

I really have no bad feelings for Drew... he is a pretty outstanding guy off the field but this was an interesting insight from a writer

Of course, signing Owens ultimately would be a great mistake. This deeply flawed team wrecker would take great pride in proving that the great Bill Parcells wouldn't be able to crack the whip on him any more than tough guy Andy Reid could in Philadelphia. And if you think Owens caused trouble for quarterbacks Jeff Garcia in San Francisco and Donovan McNabb in Philly, wait till he gets through with whiny, thin-skinned Drew Bledsoe.
    It wouldn't be long before Owens wondered out loud why his rag-armed, no-backbone quarterback couldn't get him the ball. For Owens, it's always the quarterback's or the coach's fault, in no particular order. Never, ever his.

Jerry Jones has long lusted after Terrell Owens. But he's making a big mistake if he brings T.O. to the Cowboys, writes Skip Bayless.
    Last edited by THE END OF ALL DAYS; 03-18-2006, 08:19 AM.
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: TO and DB

I can't wait to see this happen. Just think of the first time that Bledsoe overthrows Owens.

Or how about the first time Bledsoe takes a sack instead of hitting a wide open Terrell Owens.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

I respectfully disagree..

I think TO is going to be a better teammate, I think even he realized what he did to his career and the Philly franchise.

I would have taken a shot on him, what the hell does this team have to lose.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
        I respectfully disagree..

I think TO is going to be a better teammate, I think even he realized what he did to his career and the Philly franchise.

I would have taken a shot on him, what the hell does this team have to lose.
        Players like T.O. rarely change their stripes. I also love your attitude about the Bills: a team with nothing to lose. Like we were 0-16. Like there is nothing worth building on. Like we are reduced to throwing darts and saying WTF when making player decisions.

The more I read your stuff, the more scratch my head.

PTR
        10 Commandments of the D
        1. Never stop Rocking.
        2. Legalize all drugs.
        3. Quit your day job.
        4. All Religion should be taxed.
        5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
        6. F**k her gently.
        7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
        8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
        9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
        10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• BSXIII
          Never trust a man wearing a sombrero
          • Apr 2004

Gotta love Skip Clueless calling Bledsoe thin-skinned and whiny. The moron really needs to stick to the NBA and his love fest for Kobe.

Owens may or may not work out for Dallas, but if he doesn't it won't be because of Bledsoe. Sure Bledsoe was the scapegoat for this teams lack of success when he was here. Some even claimed he was holding the team back. Well we all know how that turned out.

Now, despite what one legend in his own mind claims about never having an elite QB throwing him the ball, has Bledsoe ever had a great receiver to throw to? You can make a strong case for Ben Coates, but he was a tight end, keep drives alive kinda guy. Not a threat to go deep on every play. Besides Coats, Terry Glenn was the best WR Bledsoe has ever played with. A guy who was no better than 3rd on the depth chart when he played with Brett Favre. Now we always hear about people making excuses for Bledsoe, and most are legitimate, but in spite of that he's still number 7 in all time passing yards. Does Moulds have credential anywhere near that in receiving yards? Didn't think so.

And if you think Bledsoe doesn't throw a much better deep ball than either Garcia or Mcnabb, you are either a) someone who lets their hatred for a player cloud their judgement, or b) clueless.

If Owens can get his head on straight and stay healthy, which with Parcells I think he will, he's going to have a monster season. Great players need other great players to show their true potential and stand out from the pack. Bledsoe to Owens will be one hell of a combo.
          I'm a long time lurker

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

I will be keeping you all updated from the great Metroplex. Owens is supposed to be "officially" signed this weekend.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

I'd love to know how this a team that doesn't have anything to lose first. They were 5-11 last year and nowhere near sniffing a playoff birth. TO would be an instant upgrade over any WR on the roster now, Moulds included.

Again, going to character vs talent....apparently if you're not a model citizen you're not good enough to be even thought of as being a Buffalo Bill. Wait Nate Clements is still here as is Moulds as of right now, so why are we all exactly bashing on TO?

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                I'd love to know how this a team that doesn't have anything to lose first. They were 5-11 last year and nowhere near sniffing a playoff birth. TO would be an instant upgrade over any WR on the roster now, Moulds included.

Again, going to character vs talent....apparently if you're not a model citizen you're not good enough to be even thought of as being a Buffalo Bill. Wait Nate Clements is still here as is Moulds as of right now, so why are we all exactly bashing on TO?
                There will never be agreement between the pro- and anti-Owens camps because the pro-Owens guys value talent over team play. "Yeah, Owens is a jerk but, boy, can he play!" To these guys, team play is not what wins championships. I feel it's no coincidence that players like Owens and Randy Moss have no rings.

PTR
                10 Commandments of the D
                1. Never stop Rocking.
                2. Legalize all drugs.
                3. Quit your day job.
                6. F**k her gently.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                  There will never be agreement between the pro- and anti-Owens camps because the pro-Owens guys value talent over team play. "Yeah, Owens is a jerk but, boy, can he play!" To these guys, team play is not what wins championships. I feel it's no coincidence that players like Owens and Randy Moss have no rings.

PTR
                  How about a guy like Alexander? The guy who two seasons ago complained that Holmgren took him out of a game so he couldn't get a rushing title. Last year he goes out and pretty much proves he's the best RB in the game and gets a ring. Obviously he's not a character guy but he stills has a ring.

The fact TO doesn't have a ring of his own is no fault of his own either, the only time his team got on the stage of the SB he pretty much carried the offense on his back to try and win the game. In one of the gutsiest, hard nosed performances in SB history.

Corey Dillon was a locker-room malcontent with the Bengals, went to the Patsies and got his ring.

In comparison to TO and Moss, we'll go with Michael Irvin. He has a couple of rings and has about the same amount of character as either.

I'm sure you see my point, in order to win you need talent just not "team-players"

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    How about a guy like Alexander? The guy who two seasons ago complained that Holmgren took him out of a game so he couldn't get a rushing title. Last year he goes out and pretty much proves he's the best RB in the game and gets a ring. Obviously he's not a character guy but he stills has a ring.

The fact TO doesn't have a ring of his own is no fault of his own either, the only time his team got on the stage of the SB he pretty much carried the offense on his back to try and win the game. In one of the gutsiest, hard nosed performances in SB history.

Corey Dillon was a locker-room malcontent with the Bengals, went to the Patsies and got his ring.

In comparison to TO and Moss, we'll go with Michael Irvin. He has a couple of rings and has about the same amount of character as either.

I'm sure you see my point, in order to win you need talent just not "team-players"
                    All I'll say is this (a) This arguement is pointless because T.O. would never play for the Bills, and (b) Owens belongs in Dallas.

PTR
                    10 Commandments of the D
                    1. Never stop Rocking.
                    2. Legalize all drugs.
                    3. Quit your day job.
                    6. F**k her gently.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                      All I'll say is this (a) This arguement is pointless because T.O. would never play for the Bills, and (b) Owens belongs in Dallas.

PTR
                      My whole point is this, people who are close-minded in saying they'd never want someone of his caliber playing here because of his character issues. And it wouldn't just be TO, there are plenty of players in the NFL with "character issues." People need to realize you also need guys with talent to win ball games and most players with plenty of talent are ego-driven me first individuals, it's the nature of the beast.

Comment

• Crisis
                        • Aug 2004

So Bledsoe has Meshawn AND TO now? LOL.
                        Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                        Vanek is Austrian not European
                        Originally posted by Prov401
                        Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                        Originally posted by better days
                        I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
                          So Bledsoe has Meshawn AND TO now? LOL.
                          did i misss something? I thought Meshawn was cut?
                          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by keithtr
                            did i misss something? I thought Meshawn was cut?
                            I thought so too...If the Bills had any intention on releasing Moulds they should give "meshawn" a look. Wait, nevermind, why would they possibly want a BIG REDZONE TARGET that even JP couldn't possible overthrow, could he?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Just for the record.. THis "huge" contract TO signed..

All three years, even if they pay the bonuses out in full.. NONE Of the three years is his cap number as high as Eric Moulds is on the books for Buffalo in 2006.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X