PDA

View Full Version : TO and DB

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-18-2006, 08:04 AM
I really have no bad feelings for Drew... he is a pretty outstanding guy off the field but this was an interesting insight from a writer

Of course, signing Owens ultimately would be a great mistake. This deeply flawed team wrecker would take great pride in proving that the great Bill Parcells wouldn't be able to crack the whip on him any more than tough guy Andy Reid could in Philadelphia. And if you think Owens caused trouble for quarterbacks Jeff Garcia in San Francisco and Donovan McNabb in Philly, wait till he gets through with whiny, thin-skinned Drew Bledsoe.
It wouldn't be long before Owens wondered out loud why his rag-armed, no-backbone quarterback couldn't get him the ball. For Owens, it's always the quarterback's or the coach's fault, in no particular order. Never, ever his.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=bayless/060317

Michael82
03-18-2006, 11:36 AM
I can't wait to see this happen. Just think of the first time that Bledsoe overthrows Owens. :snicker:

Or how about the first time Bledsoe takes a sack instead of hitting a wide open Terrell Owens. :rofl:

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 11:39 AM
I respectfully disagree..

I think TO is going to be a better teammate, I think even he realized what he did to his career and the Philly franchise.

I would have taken a shot on him, what the hell does this team have to lose.

PromoTheRobot
03-18-2006, 01:14 PM

I think TO is going to be a better teammate, I think even he realized what he did to his career and the Philly franchise.

I would have taken a shot on him, what the hell does this team have to lose.
Players like T.O. rarely change their stripes. I also love your attitude about the Bills: a team with nothing to lose. Like we were 0-16. Like there is nothing worth building on. Like we are reduced to throwing darts and saying WTF when making player decisions.

The more I read your stuff, the more scratch my head.

PTR

BSXIII
03-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Gotta love Skip Clueless calling Bledsoe thin-skinned and whiny. The moron really needs to stick to the NBA and his love fest for Kobe.

Owens may or may not work out for Dallas, but if he doesn't it won't be because of Bledsoe. Sure Bledsoe was the scapegoat for this teams lack of success when he was here. Some even claimed he was holding the team back. Well we all know how that turned out.

Now, despite what one legend in his own mind claims about never having an elite QB throwing him the ball, has Bledsoe ever had a great receiver to throw to? You can make a strong case for Ben Coates, but he was a tight end, keep drives alive kinda guy. Not a threat to go deep on every play. Besides Coats, Terry Glenn was the best WR Bledsoe has ever played with. A guy who was no better than 3rd on the depth chart when he played with Brett Favre. Now we always hear about people making excuses for Bledsoe, and most are legitimate, but in spite of that he's still number 7 in all time passing yards. Does Moulds have credential anywhere near that in receiving yards? Didn't think so.

And if you think Bledsoe doesn't throw a much better deep ball than either Garcia or Mcnabb, you are either a) someone who lets their hatred for a player cloud their judgement, or b) clueless.

If Owens can get his head on straight and stay healthy, which with Parcells I think he will, he's going to have a monster season. Great players need other great players to show their true potential and stand out from the pack. Bledsoe to Owens will be one hell of a combo.

gr8slayer
03-18-2006, 01:51 PM
I will be keeping you all updated from the great Metroplex. Owens is supposed to be "officially" signed this weekend.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2006, 03:13 PM
I'd love to know how this a team that doesn't have anything to lose first. They were 5-11 last year and nowhere near sniffing a playoff birth. TO would be an instant upgrade over any WR on the roster now, Moulds included.

Again, going to character vs talent....apparently if you're not a model citizen you're not good enough to be even thought of as being a Buffalo Bill. Wait Nate Clements is still here as is Moulds as of right now, so why are we all exactly bashing on TO?

PromoTheRobot
03-18-2006, 03:34 PM
I'd love to know how this a team that doesn't have anything to lose first. They were 5-11 last year and nowhere near sniffing a playoff birth. TO would be an instant upgrade over any WR on the roster now, Moulds included.

Again, going to character vs talent....apparently if you're not a model citizen you're not good enough to be even thought of as being a Buffalo Bill. Wait Nate Clements is still here as is Moulds as of right now, so why are we all exactly bashing on TO?
There will never be agreement between the pro- and anti-Owens camps because the pro-Owens guys value talent over team play. "Yeah, Owens is a jerk but, boy, can he play!" To these guys, team play is not what wins championships. I feel it's no coincidence that players like Owens and Randy Moss have no rings.

PTR

Mr. Pink
03-18-2006, 03:41 PM
There will never be agreement between the pro- and anti-Owens camps because the pro-Owens guys value talent over team play. "Yeah, Owens is a jerk but, boy, can he play!" To these guys, team play is not what wins championships. I feel it's no coincidence that players like Owens and Randy Moss have no rings.

PTR

How about a guy like Alexander? The guy who two seasons ago complained that Holmgren took him out of a game so he couldn't get a rushing title. Last year he goes out and pretty much proves he's the best RB in the game and gets a ring. Obviously he's not a character guy but he stills has a ring.

The fact TO doesn't have a ring of his own is no fault of his own either, the only time his team got on the stage of the SB he pretty much carried the offense on his back to try and win the game. In one of the gutsiest, hard nosed performances in SB history.

Corey Dillon was a locker-room malcontent with the Bengals, went to the Patsies and got his ring.

In comparison to TO and Moss, we'll go with Michael Irvin. He has a couple of rings and has about the same amount of character as either.

I'm sure you see my point, in order to win you need talent just not "team-players"

PromoTheRobot
03-18-2006, 03:46 PM
How about a guy like Alexander? The guy who two seasons ago complained that Holmgren took him out of a game so he couldn't get a rushing title. Last year he goes out and pretty much proves he's the best RB in the game and gets a ring. Obviously he's not a character guy but he stills has a ring.

The fact TO doesn't have a ring of his own is no fault of his own either, the only time his team got on the stage of the SB he pretty much carried the offense on his back to try and win the game. In one of the gutsiest, hard nosed performances in SB history.

Corey Dillon was a locker-room malcontent with the Bengals, went to the Patsies and got his ring.

In comparison to TO and Moss, we'll go with Michael Irvin. He has a couple of rings and has about the same amount of character as either.

I'm sure you see my point, in order to win you need talent just not "team-players"

All I'll say is this (a) This arguement is pointless because T.O. would never play for the Bills, and (b) Owens belongs in Dallas.

PTR

Mr. Pink
03-18-2006, 03:49 PM
All I'll say is this (a) This arguement is pointless because T.O. would never play for the Bills, and (b) Owens belongs in Dallas.

PTR

My whole point is this, people who are close-minded in saying they'd never want someone of his caliber playing here because of his character issues. And it wouldn't just be TO, there are plenty of players in the NFL with "character issues." People need to realize you also need guys with talent to win ball games and most players with plenty of talent are ego-driven me first individuals, it's the nature of the beast.

Crisis
03-18-2006, 04:00 PM
So Bledsoe has Meshawn AND TO now? LOL.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-18-2006, 04:03 PM
So Bledsoe has Meshawn AND TO now? LOL.

did i misss something? I thought Meshawn was cut?

Mr. Pink
03-18-2006, 04:08 PM

I thought so too...If the Bills had any intention on releasing Moulds they should give "meshawn" a look. Wait, nevermind, why would they possibly want a BIG REDZONE TARGET that even JP couldn't possible overthrow, could he?

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 04:10 PM
Just for the record.. THis "huge" contract TO signed..

All three years, even if they pay the bonuses out in full.. NONE Of the three years is his cap number as high as Eric Moulds is on the books for Buffalo in 2006.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 04:13 PM
And TO only has to deal with Drew Bledsoe for one more year anyway..

And I like Drew Bledsoe. I had an opportunity to cover his games with the Bills in 2003-04 and he was one of the few players on the team who had the guts to not duck out the back door and face the media when he played poorly. He is a "high character" guy and I'm not being sarcastic either.

He would have been much better in Buffalo had Donahoe stopped drafting Willis McGahee when we had Travis Henry and paid more attention to the offensive line.

Abraham, Zack Thomas or Richard Seymour were never Drew's biggest enemy; It' was Donahoe's neglect of the line.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2006, 04:19 PM
He would have been much better in Buffalo had Donahoe stopped drafting Willis McGahee when we had Travis Henry and paid more attention to the offensive line.

Abraham, Zack Thomas or Richard Seymour were never Drew's biggest enemy; It' was Donahoe's neglect of the line.

That's not going to be a very popular point around here, even if it's true.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-18-2006, 04:31 PM
That's not going to be a very popular point around here, even if it's true.

actually I think the vast majority of people around here may agree that Bledsow would have been much more effective with a line in front of him, not a sive :)

DaBills
03-18-2006, 04:41 PM
TO has got the skills, and like him or not, he would've commanded that FA money anywhere he ended up. Having said that, I don't like the move by Dallas. Here's why:

McNabb, although hurt last year, was still way more mobile than Bledsoe, and ended up throwing something like 50+ times a game. Yet Owens still felt he was not part of the O. (And a lot of times he wasn't, in the games I saw at least.) But, no matter what the reason was, it definitely wasn’t because Donovan was getting sacked all the time.

Wait until Drew goes down his usual 5-6 times a game again and TO runs another wasted pattern deep. Think Keyshawn threw his helmet? Wait. Promo hit it on the head: TO is definitely a high-maintenance tiger whose stripes aren't changing anytime soon.

Unless they plan on getting a quicker QB, this is a waste of a signing. Before I get **** for saying that, and Dallas looks wonderful in Game 1, all I can say is this: Drew always returns to form by mid-season, and TO and McNabb hooked up for a TD first play of the season last year – look how that turned out.

Crisis
03-18-2006, 05:22 PM

Oh, he probably is. Haven't been paying much attention to the offseason with the way the Sabres have been playing. :)

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 05:46 PM
TO has got the skills, and like him or not, he would've commanded that FA money anywhere he ended up. Having said that, I don't like the move by Dallas. Here's why:

McNabb, although hurt last year, was still way more mobile than Bledsoe, and ended up throwing something like 50+ times a game. Yet Owens still felt he was not part of the O. (And a lot of times he wasn't, in the games I saw at least.) But, no matter what the reason was, it definitely wasn’t because Donovan was getting sacked all the time.

Wait until Drew goes down his usual 5-6 times a game again and TO runs another wasted pattern deep. Think Keyshawn threw his helmet? Wait. Promo hit it on the head: TO is definitely a high-maintenance tiger whose stripes aren't changing anytime soon.

Unless they plan on getting a quicker QB, this is a waste of a signing. Before I get **** for saying that, and Dallas looks wonderful in Game 1, all I can say is this: Drew always returns to form by mid-season, and TO and McNabb hooked up for a TD first play of the season last year – look how that turned out.

thats one of the better comments I have read on here in a VERY long time.. VERY good job..

I dont even agree with you in some regards.. But how can you not respect pin-pointed comments like that.. well done

Bill Cody
03-18-2006, 06:10 PM
thats one of the bettet comments I have read on here in a VERY long time.. VERY good job..

I dont even agree with you in some regards.. But how can you not respect pin-pointed comments like that.. well done

Yeah as long as you consider stupidity a good comment. Bledsoe wasn't getting sacked much at all last year until the Cowboys lost their LT halfway through the season. And McFlabb had easily his best season of his career the year before last with TO. Last year he was hurt and couldn't throw, and the two were at each other's throats anyway, end of story. TO has a contract he's happy with now and Bledsoe won't be saying crap like "we can win without TO" if TO were to get hurt.

Bledsoe is going to light it up with TO. The Cowboys have already upgraded their OL by signing Fabini. Fabini would have been a decent signing for Buffalo- we should have gotten him to play RT and moved Peters to LT.

PromoTheRobot
03-18-2006, 08:05 PM
My whole point is this, people who are close-minded in saying they'd never want someone of his caliber playing here because of his character issues. And it wouldn't just be TO, there are plenty of players in the NFL with "character issues." People need to realize you also need guys with talent to win ball games and most players with plenty of talent are ego-driven me first individuals, it's the nature of the beast.
You call it being closed minded. I call it being blind to reality. A player can have all the talent in the world. If he won't use it to help you win, what good is he? Oh but you say this time T.O. will be a team guy. Ask the Eagles and Ravens if they thought the same thing?

PTR

The_Philster
03-18-2006, 08:22 PM

I think TO is going to be a better teammate, I think even he realized what he did to his career and the Philly franchise. and if you leave a tooth under your pillow at night, you'll find a dollar there in its place in the morning left by the tooth fairy :jawdrop:

I would have taken a shot on him, what the hell does this team have to lose.so in effect what you're saying is you think Levy is full of it

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 08:53 PM
I think this entire organization from Levy to Ralph to the secretrary has dropped the mall since March 10, that's what I think.

The_Philster
03-18-2006, 08:54 PM
well it's obvious you have no respect for Marv..:scratch:

Ebenezer
03-18-2006, 08:59 PM
everybody knocking this deal forgets one thing...a guy by the name of Parcells.

The_Philster
03-18-2006, 09:01 PM
everybody knocking this deal forgets one thing...a guy by the name of Parcells.
if anyone can get TO under control, it's Parcells
That being said, I think the Tuna is biting off a bit much this time

Philagape
03-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Dreadsoe could have one of the best years of his career statistically, which is all he's ever been good for anyway. Once again his fans will think they're vindicated, like they did last year, until he chokes again, like he did last year.

DaBills
03-19-2006, 01:32 AM
"Yeah as long as you consider stupidity a good comment. Bledsoe wasn't getting sacked much at all last year until the Cowboys lost their LT halfway through the season. And McFlabb had easily his best season of his career the year before last with TO. Last year he was hurt and couldn't throw, and the two were at each other's throats anyway, end of story. TO has a contract he's happy with now and Bledsoe won't be saying crap like "we can win without TO" if TO were to get hurt.

Bledsoe is going to light it up with TO. The Cowboys have already upgraded their OL by signing Fabini. Fabini would have been a decent signing for Buffalo- we should have gotten him to play RT and moved Peters to LT."

Drew was supposed to light it up with Me-shawn wasn't he. Turn over a new leaf with Parcells and all of that? That’s sure turning out great. With Drew apologists now upgrading to being TO apologists, it's always the same. It was the LT. It was (insert thing I hate most in life)’s fault. It was the fans. It was the scheme. It was the mascot. Get over it already.

Cowboys had two LTs, one of which played 16 games, the other played 0. Which one is it? And, that left side of the line must have sucked so bad, that even all-pro LG Larry Alen couldn't help bail them out? Talk about stupidity.

So for half a season they supposedly lose an LT who’s supposed to account for all of DB's sack problems the rest of the way out? Dallas had 20 sacks through the first 8 games alone, before the phantom LT went out injured, on route to the league's second-worst total of 49. So much for that theory. Btw, what was DB's excuse when he took all those sacks in Buffalo? Not enough sunscreen?

And McNabb was hurt so bad, that all he managed was a meager 19 sacks and a completion percentage which was his second-best ever last year. So much for that theory. At each other's throats? They weren't even speaking to one another, then TO gets kicked off the team.

The conditions in Philly were more favorable for TO to have a good year from the start of camp. Expect the same level of success in Dallas? Dallas doesn't have the talent Philly does. TO brought on his own downfall, not McNabb, just like he'll do in Dallas, year two. Wait and see. End of story.

It’s also gonna be great watching Jeff Garcia have a better year than Bledsoe.