PDA

View Full Version : Draft: Who would you rather have - Bunkley or Ngata?

Nighthawk
03-18-2006, 09:30 AM
I know that the more logical player would be Ngata, but some are saying that Bunkley is jumping up the boards. Now, he is more of an athlete than Ngata, but he is still big, 310, just not fat. I'm starting to think he is the guy we should target instead of Ngata, if that is the position Marv & Co. go after at #8. What do you guys think?

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Good post. Bunkley is exactly what we are looking for. About 306, ripped and VERY Quick. In fact Mike Mayock was saying his short shuttle was just over 4 seconds which is a good WIDE RECIEVER TIME!!!!

I feel he is above Ngata right now.

Nighthawk
03-18-2006, 09:48 AM
Good post. Bunkley is exactly what we are looking for. About 306, ripped and VERY Quick. In fact Mike Mayock was saying his short shuttle was just over 4 seconds which is a good WIDE RECIEVER TIME!!!!

I feel he is above Ngata right now.

I saw the same thing...the guy looks like a huge LB the way he moves and is cut. That is the kind of player you'd like on your team...IMO.

HAMMER
03-18-2006, 09:51 AM
I think that is who they have pegged but would be smart to keep their mouth shut about it. Silence will open up more options for a trade down come draft day if someone behind us really wants Ngata.

acehole
03-18-2006, 10:23 AM
BUNKLEY

BuffaloBlakely14
03-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I was already in the Bunkley camp, but after hearing about the workout that Bunkley had yesterday I think he is the guy we have to go after. He also posted times faster than all this years DE's if I am not mistaken. This guy is a monster and will wreak havoc in opposing teams backfields. I think this is just the guy to we need to lead the charge on the DLine. Apparently the Browns had a full blown contingent there watching him, so I think trading down and taking Bunkley will no longer be an option.

Bling
03-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I was already in the Bunkley camp, but after hearing about the workout that Bunkley had yesterday I think he is the guy we have to go after. He also posted times faster than all this years DE's if I am not mistaken. This guy is a monster and will wreak havoc in opposing teams backfields. I think this is just the guy to we need to lead the charge on the DLine. Apparently the Browns had a full blown contingent there watching him, so I think trading down and taking Bunkley will no longer be an option.

Umm... no he didn't. Manny Lawson posted a 4.43 speed. Which happens to be .01 seconds faster than Reggie Bush's speed.

Anyway, Bunkley is not faster than any of the top 10 DE's in this year's draft. He's not even the fastest DT in the draft--Kedric Golston. However, as a FSU fan and a Miami Dolphins fan, I hope you don't pick up Bunkley. Great prospect.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 11:35 AM
I've been saying Bunkley, he's been our pick in both my mock drafts.. I LOVE this dude.

Ngata is solid, but he is what he is.. what you see is what you get.

Bunkley has the physical ability to take it another level the way Warren Sapp once did for Tampa Bay.

This should be a no-brainer for Marv and Modrak

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Umm... no he didn't. Manny Lawson posted a 4.43 speed. Which happens to be .01 seconds faster than Reggie Bush's speed.

Anyway, Bunkley is not faster than any of the top 10 DE's in this year's draft. He's not even the fastest DT in the draft--Kedric Golston. However, as a FSU fan and a Miami Dolphins fan, I hope you don't pick up Bunkley. Great prospect.

Lawson's a real good player. I think Clev takes him at 12.

Billsrock4life
03-18-2006, 12:02 PM
not a big Ngata fan imean i wouldn't mind having him but Bunkley is a better athlete and still a decent size

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 12:04 PM
We all seem to be on agreement.

I'll put up Zonebucks that LEvy drafts Ngata because he's bigger, I think he's had him in mind from the SECOND he cut Sam ADams.

BuffaloBlakely14
03-18-2006, 12:08 PM

I was talking about the agility drills not 40 times...I figured everyone would know that it would be unlikely a DT would post faster 40 times than the fastest DE's, and the shuttle times is what the post was talking about, he posted higher shuttle times than the DE's, but I guess that was a bad assumption, I guess I should be more specific with a phin fan like yourself lurking aroudn the board.

Bmax
03-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Not so fast my friends.....Ngata is still my choice .. Bunk is quick and strong ..But i have questions on how he would hold up on a double team. My guess would be that he would be fine... I know that ngata takes on doubles well and frees his other guys up to make the plays.

Here is one thing i don't get a lot of you keep posting bunkley will fit our new style of play because he is quicker and we are looking for guys who fly to the ball. That is true... To me bunkely is ideal as the UT-under tackle...the quick penetrator who play off the shoulder of the linemen.. The NT position in our def is currently open.

Ngata is perfect for the position .. His job if i'm correct is to play over the center and tie up two guys and beat the double team if possible. The ut is usuallys single blocked. Ngata size and power ...primarly in his legs will be a huge asset. I just can't imagine how good this guy will be in two years after getting good caching from bill kollar.. Bunk is quick but ngata is no slouch at 338 he can move .

Slight edge to ngata due to the fact that we don't have any size on our line currently. I can't take another season of tim anderson being pushed around on goal line plays ..

Bunk would be fine..http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/brodrickbunkley.html

But Ngata would be super......http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/dt/halotingata.html

Character could be an issue...Ngata straight laced guy.... .. Bunkely arrested for stealing a video game...Probably not an issue any more but i'm sure the bills will check his background .. like they do with all prospects.

Bmax

Big M
03-18-2006, 01:39 PM
Either guy, I'll be happy. I probably like Bunkley a bit better but wouldn't be upset at all if Ngata was the selection. We know they'll start immediately and fill a huge hole.

Ferguson and Mario Williams won't fall, so Bunkley or Ngata is fine.

gr8slayer
03-18-2006, 01:42 PM
We have a pass rushing DT now we need a run stuffing DT. Ngata.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 02:05 PM
Dont make a valid point. You'll change Ice's mind..
'
Bunkley's going to the man.. I want him (since we dont have the rocks to take Vernon Davis)

by Tuesday Ice will say Ngata too.

DraftBoy
03-18-2006, 02:24 PM
We have a pass rushing DT now we need a run stuffing DT. Ngata.

Who is our pass rushing DT?

Tripplett is a run stuffing DT, in his whole career he only has 5 sacks over 4 years.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Tripplett, IMO though very different than Sam Adams is a lot like him.. He isn't going to dominate by himself.. But like Adams, if you put him alonside a Pat Williams he's going to make a lot of good plays..

LOL, funny how my neg rep is "suddenly" in the 4000's..

DraftBoy
03-18-2006, 04:41 PM
I agree Pat, and its in the 10k range now. We dont need a big ass here tho for Tripplett to be effective we only need to get another capable body next to him. Bunkley could easily be that guy, as well as players like Gabe Watson, Claude Wroten, Rod Wright, Orien Harris, Kyle Williams, or Montavious Stanley. Of course some of these guys (Wright, Williams and Stanley) need a season or two of rotation before taking a full load on and a DT similar to Grady Jackson may not be a bad option for a year or two after we missed out on Pickett and Lewis.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 04:57 PM
It'll be in the 15,000 range by midnite..

ublinkwescore
03-18-2006, 07:36 PM
I saw the same thing...the guy looks like a huge LB the way he moves and is cut. That is the kind of player you'd like on your team...IMO.

Like Sabretooth from Xmen!!!