X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Lionel Gates

I'm still a Lionel Gates fan, and I think that he will prove in pre season that he's the true 2nd string running back the Bills require.

Shaud Williams has quick burst speed, but the guy is so small. Every time I watched him get hit last year, it was like seeing a tumbleweed blow across the field. He's always getting knocked off his feet.

Gates is a strong sure footed back that will allow McGahee to rest during the regular season.

He was inactive most of last season due to a nagging injury. He's healthy now and will hammer it home in camp and Pre Season.
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: Lionel Gates

Originally posted by RedEyE
    I'm still a Lionel Gates fan, and I think that he will prove in pre season that he's the true 2nd string running back the Bills require.

Shaud Williams has quick burst speed, but the guy is so small. Every time I wathced him get hit last year, it was like seeing a tumbleweed blow across the field. He's always getting knocked off his feet.

Gates is a strong sure footed back that will allow McGahee to rest during the regular season.

He was inactive most of last season due to a nagging injury. He's healthy now and will hammer it home in camp and Pre Season.
    Who? Just kidding! No, I agree, I don't understand with the way the season went last year, why we didn't even dress him to see what he could do? Man, MM was just plain stupid!

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

Mularkey was all up Shaud Williams' ass last season. So much it was emabarrassing.

Everytiime Williams was in the backfield you knew the screen was coming...and so did most defenses.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Gates and Wilson. I hope keeping our wr coach from last year will give Wilson a shot at playing. If and when he does, Aikens days could be numbered.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

I'm still trying to figure out what Aiken has on the Bills front office that keeps this guy hanging around.

Remember that white kid WR last year that lit it up in Pre Season? I can't remember his name, but I belive the Chargers ended up signing him.

Anyway, he destroyed Aiken in camp and Pre Season, yet still got the axe.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

If there is truly 'Open competition' Then willis might want to watch his back.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

The one player who really caught my eye last preseason was Gates. He had a good straight-ahead burst and power. I'd love to see more of him. If Willis were to miss any time, I can't see Shaud taking the beating of a starter.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Nighthawk
                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                • Jul 2002

Mularkey was all up Shaud Williams' ass last season. So much it was emabarrassing.

Everytiime Williams was in the backfield you knew the screen was coming...and so did most defenses.
                I honestly don't understand that...of course, I didn't understand a lot about last year!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

I'm still trying to figure out what Aiken has on the Bills front office that keeps this guy hanging around.

Remember that white kid WR last year that lit it up in Pre Season? I can't remember his name, but I belive the Chargers ended up signing him.

Anyway, he destroyed Aiken in camp and Pre Season, yet still got the axe.
                  Haddad.

Thing with Haddad is that he'll never be a no. 2. He had competition in Parrish and Reed for no. 3.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• RedEyE
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    Haddad.

Thing with Haddad is that he'll never be a no. 2. He had competition in Parrish and Reed for no. 3.
                    That's him. Haddad!

Right, but Aiken doesn't have #2 blood either. That gut is a 4th string WR tops. Haddad beat him out for that spot last year. Hands down.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

That's him. Haddad!

Right, but Aiken doesn't have #2 blood either. That gut is a 4th string WR tops. Haddad beat him out for that spot last year. Hands down.
                      Aiken was a TD draft wasn't he? There's also Wilson who is bigger than Haddad.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                        The one player who really caught my eye last preseason was Gates. He had a good straight-ahead burst and power. I'd love to see more of him. If Willis were to miss any time, I can't see Shaud taking the beating of a starter.
                        Absolutely.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

That's him. Haddad!

Haddad beat out ALL of our WR's last year. Leave it to fuggup TD and MM to cut his arse

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Aiken was a TD draft wasn't he? There's also Wilson who is bigger than Haddad.
                            I don't recall much about Wilson. The only reason I remember Aiken is because he was one of several early draft WRs TD snagged that just didn't live up to expectation. Hell, Aiken is somewhat a disappointment.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Haddad is actually Arab I think. Middle Eastern heritage at least, though I think he's US born and raised.

I like Gates too, and hope he gets a legit shot to unseat Williams as primary backup.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X