PDA

View Full Version : Seahawks stockpile defensive tackles, add Davis

Michael82
03-18-2006, 10:50 AM
The Seattle Seahawks, who already have one of the best defensive tackle rotations in the league, have further added to the depth at the position, by reaching a contract agreement with unrestricted free agent Russell Davis.

Davis, who visited earlier in the week with Seattle officials, is a seven-year veteran who played the last six seasons with the Arizona Cardinals. He is coming off a 2005 season in which a torn biceps limited him to just three games, after he had missed just one game the previous four years.

The contract, ESPN.com has confirmed, is for three years but financial details were not yet available.

It was believed that when the Seahawks re-signed Rocky Bernard to a three-year contract earlier this week, they would no longer be interested in adding Davis to their tackle mix. But the Seahawks apprised Davis and his agent that the retention of Bernard would not preclude them from adding another tackle, and it took only two more days then to complete a deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2373902

Michael82
03-18-2006, 10:51 AM
Another DT that we should have brought in. Oh well. I guess Marv has his eye on someone in the draft, or maybe Grady Jackson. :pray:

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Well I dont think there's any doubt now that Ngata or Bunkley is coming to Buffalo.. We NEED a DT or if you thought last year's run defense was bad...

Kinda limits are trade options now though..

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Bunkley

Michael82
03-18-2006, 11:59 AM
Well I dont think there's any doubt now that Ngata or Bunkley is coming to Buffalo.. We NEED a DT or if you thought last year's run defense was bad...

Kinda limits are trade options now though..
I know. I hate putting all our eggs in one basket. :ill:

Kerr
03-18-2006, 12:08 PM
:mad:

Michael82
03-18-2006, 12:36 PM
:mad:
I knew you'd be upset. :D

Gunzlingr
03-18-2006, 01:58 PM
I am pissed that Marv didn't sign him.

Big M
03-18-2006, 02:24 PM
As far as starting caliber guys, it seems we're down to Grady Jackson at DT, Runyan at OT and maybe a G like Neal, depending on the Wells situation. The rest will be roll/depth signings, if any.

Then it's on to the Draft.