PDA

View Full Version : I think the Josh Reed signing signals Losman as the QB

BillsFever21
03-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Losman and Reed has a good relationship and was his 2nd favorite target after Evans. Reed never got any looks from Holcomb.

I think this bolds good for Losman. They kept a player he has a good relationship and connection with on the football field.

Outside of that paying 2.5 million for a WR who is always dropping the big catches when you need them the most is crazy.

So lets see what Marv has done this offseason. He paid 2 million a year to a backup TE who will only be used for blocking and 2.5 million a year to a WR who will be our Slot WR at best.

That's 4.5 million dollars a year for junk that could've been used towards a big time player. Reed and Royal could've been had in the middle rounds of the draft for a million a year between the two of them. That's a 3.5 million dollar difference.

We're wasting our money and overpaying for average players that could be had much cheaper in the draft. That extra 3.5 million could've helped bring in some of the good OL and DT's that have been signed.

That money could've also went a long way to bringing in somebody like Tank Williams to play SS.

We're paying millions to a bunch of proven backups that could've came cheaply in the draft when it could've been used for blue chip starters.

Marv is in over his head. If Donahoe would've given junk like this contracts like that last year everyone would be screaming. Because it's Marv Levy them same people are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

justasportsfan
03-18-2006, 11:07 AM
pArrish was his favorite at camp until he got injured.

BillsFever21
03-18-2006, 11:08 AM
That was at camp and not during the season. I'm talking about the regular season.

As far as Parrish goes hopefully he will show some improvement this year after a full summer at camp and a year under his belt.

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 11:09 AM
Losman and Reed has a good relationship and was his 2nd favorite target after Evans. Reed never got any looks from Holcomb.

I think this bolds good for Losman. They kept a player he has a good relationship and connection with on the football field.

Outside of that paying 2.5 million for a WR who is always dropping the big catches when you need them the most is crazy.

So lets see what Marv has done this offseason. He paid 2 million a year to a backup TE who will only be used for blocking and 2.5 million a year to a WR who will be our Slot WR at best.

That's 4.5 million dollars a year for junk that could've been used towards a big time player. Reed and Royal could've been had in the middle rounds of the draft for a million a year between the two of them. That's a 3.5 million dollar difference.

We're wasting our money and overpaying for average players that could be had much cheaper in the draft. That extra 3.5 million could've helped bring in some of the good OL and DT's that have been signed.

That money could've also went a long way to bringing in somebody like Tank Williams to play SS.

We're paying millions to a bunch of proven backups that could've came cheaply in the draft when it could've been used for blue chip starters.

Marv is in over his head. If Donahoe would've given junk like this contracts like that last year everyone would be screaming. Because it's Marv Levy them same people are giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Name for me the bigtime players that would have come to buffalo? Hutch? No way. Bently? No wanted to go home. Fabini and Pickett didn't want to be here, they just came to get a free meal and use us as a backup.

Again the fans seem to think Buffalo is attractive right now. They also seem to think we need to throw a but load of money at guys just to get them here. That NEVER works out.

BillsFever21
03-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Whether any of them would've came here or not neither of us know. That is just your opinion.

Either way you can't deny the fact we're wasting money on these guys. That doesn't help your long term future.

If we couldn't have gotten any big time FA's we could've saved the money for next year instead of being tied up to these guys or gave some extensions to players we wanna keep around.

We could've given guys like Peters or Clements extensions. Either that or reworked current deals for guys that's gonna be around a while and gave them more money this year which would give us a lighter cap hit in the future.

Either way you slice it we have wasted a ton of money on backups that could've been used towards better players.

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Whether any of them would've came here or not neither of us know. That is just your opinion.

Either way you can't deny the fact we're wasting money on these guys. That doesn't help your long term future.

If we couldn't have gotten any big time FA's we could've saved the money for next year instead of being tied up to these guys or gave some extensions to players we wanna keep around.

We could've given guys like Peters or Clements extensions. Either that or reworked current deals for guys that's gonna be around a while and gave them more money this year which would give us a lighter cap hit in the future.

Either way you slice it we have wasted a ton of money on backups that could've been used towards better players.

it isn't speculation. Marv called mawae. did he come? No. some players don't want too. Prove to me that we are wasting money on these players. Tell me what our record is going to be in 06. You don't know so you don't know it's a waste. What is the offenses plan? So how can you call it a waste?

Show me proof we haven't offered clements an extention. Show me we haven't offerd Peters an extention. You can't. So how about you relax and let the process play out.

lunatic_bills_fan
03-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I will agree with a little bit that both of you are saying. I agree that the "BIG NAME" players may of just not wanted to be here, I also agree that the contracts given to Royal and Reed, were clearly above what they should have recieved up to this point in their career. You cant afford to pay players on what you "predict" that may do this year. You get paid on what you have done in the past. Neither Reed or Royal have done anything to warrent the money they are going to recieve.

BillsFever21
03-18-2006, 11:38 AM
it isn't speculation. Marv called mawae. did he come? No. some players don't want too. Prove to me that we are wasting money on these players. Tell me what our record is going to be in 06. You don't know so you don't know it's a waste. What is the offenses plan? So how can you call it a waste?

Show me proof we haven't offered clements an extention. Show me we haven't offerd Peters an extention. You can't. So how about you relax and let the process play out.

So you think these guys are gonna a big part in us having success in the future.

If these guys are who we're depending on for success we're in some serious trouble.

These guys are taking up more cap room when they could've been replaced cheaper. That would leave more money to gets guys like Clements and Peters under contract.

If we spend all this kind of money on backups that leaves less money to get guys like Clements to sign.

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 11:41 AM
That would leave more money to gets guys like Clements and Peters under contract.

If we spend all this kind of money on backups that leaves less money to get guys like Clements to sign.

Again! Show me that they haven't offered Clements a long term contract, same with peters.