PDA

View Full Version : With the way the salary cap is gonna skyrocket in the future...

BillsFever21
03-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Owners like Ralph Wilson can't/won't be able to spend all of that money anyways. It will me more then enough for the wealthy owners to go out and buy players.

If it goes up to like 130+ million a year does anyone really think somebody like Ralph Wilson will be willing to use all of that cap money?

That cap is gonna be way too high and the contracts some of these guys will be getting will price owners like Ralph Wilson out of the picture.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 11:25 AM
IN all due respect to Mr Wilson, who should be remembered as a legend in Buffalo for bringing and keeping this team in Buffalo when he could have moved more than once.

I think that maybe it's time in the next 3-5 years, health willing that Tom Golisano finds a group and eventually takes over ownership of this team.

I dont wish nothing bad on Wilson, he's the SINGLE CLASSIEST person i have EVER had the chance to interview... I would just like to see Tom Golisano as the owner of the bills in the future

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 11:25 AM
Owners like Ralph Wilson can't/won't be able to spend all of that money anyways. It will me more then enough for the wealthy owners to go out and buy players.

If it goes up to like 130+ million a year does anyone really think somebody like Ralph Wilson will be willing to use all of that cap money?

That cap is gonna be way too high and the contracts some of these guys will be getting will price owners like Ralph Wilson out of the picture.

I have to ask, do you understand how the NFL works? RALPH WILSON DOESN'T PAY THE SALARIES AS IS! The TV contracts do! The only thing ralph has to do is make sure the Office staff, trainers, coaches etc are paid. He has to pay part of the stadium upkeep. He has to come up with signing bonuses.

The CBA isn't giving him as much as he needs for some of that stuff so it is up to ralph to find more money some how.

But as for as the cap, it goes up as the TV contract money goes up.

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 11:26 AM
IN all due respect to Mr Wilson, who should be remembered as a legend in Buffalo for bringing and keeping this team in Buffalo when he could have moved more than once.

I think that maybe it's time in the next 3-5 years, health willing that Tom Golisano finds a group and eventually takes over ownership of this team.

I dont wish nothing bad on Wilson, he's the SINGLE CLASSIEST person i have EVER had the chance to interview... I would just like to see Tom Golisano as the owner of the bills in the future

Really? That would be two franchises tearing at his pocketbooks.

Ebenezer
03-18-2006, 02:10 PM
I have to ask, do you understand how the NFL works? RALPH WILSON DOESN'T PAY THE SALARIES AS IS! The TV contracts do! The only thing ralph has to do is make sure the Office staff, trainers, coaches etc are paid. He has to pay part of the stadium upkeep. He has to come up with signing bonuses.

That is not completely correct.

But as for as the cap, it goes up as the TV contract money goes up.

That is not correct. TV contract monies can go down but if revenues continue to grow more than any TV contract loss then the salary cap continues to increase.

TacklingDummy
03-18-2006, 02:13 PM
I would love to know the revenue the Bills recieve and what their expenses are.

Ebenezer
03-18-2006, 02:21 PM
I would love to know the revenue the Bills recieve and what their expenses are.
I believe Forbes or Fortune 500 runs that analysis each year.

BSXIII
03-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I just hope Jeremy Jacobs doesn't buy the team. I never see his name as a potential future owner, but he certainly has the wealth and lives in Buffalo. The guy bought the Boston Bruins years ago and has basically turned them into a small market team. But as long as he can make some money he could care less about the product he fields.

Ebenezer
03-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I just hope Jeremy Jacobs doesn't buy the team. I never see his name as a potential future owner, but he certainly has the wealth and lives in Buffalo. The guy bought the Boston Bruins years ago and has basically turned them into a small market team. But as long as he can make some money he could care less about the product he fields.
I cannot see Buffalo having the team after RW dies. Think about how many people that are going to be needed to put up almost a $1bil for a franchise. I just don't see that happening here. Also, even if they could scrape together than kind of money what happens if they are outbid?? The NFL would be hard pressed to keep the team here when it CAN and WILL make more money elsewhere.

alohabillsfan
07-01-2007, 05:35 PM

Very interesting? My how the times have changed!!:bullseye: