• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

If Ngata & Bunkley are gone

Reggie Bush, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Mario Williams, Matt Leinart and AJ Hawk are absolute locks to go in the top five of the draft; via current order or trades, in particular order..

That leaves Bunkley, Ngata, Veron Davis, MIke Huff, Jay Cutler and Vince Young as the next level of players..

Under this scenario, not certain of course but at least possible.. What does Buffalo do?

6- SF- Ngata (def possible for a team to reach that high to stop the run)
    7- Oak- Bunkley (ditto and they cut big Ted and their run d iS BRUTAL)

8- Buffalo?

Davis: I dont think Marv has the gonads to take Davis, even though in today's NFL a great tight end lines up as a receiever as much as he does off the end of the line. With MOulds gone this dude would hog so much attention from Evans that Lee could have a sick year. I"D take him in a MINUTE I dont care that we already have Everett and signed Royal. WE could use a lot of one RB sets and have Davis and Royal on at the same time, for far obvious different reasons. Good luck trying to have a LB cover Davis.

Huff: Highly rated.. But Buffalo did already sign Bowen to compete with Baker for SS job (which I totally disagree with, but thats another topic)

The QB's: Young and Cutler
    I wrote about this early this week.. I stand by my belief at least one of them will be available when Buffalo picks. I'm not SUGGESTING we take one (though I'd highly consider it) but just throwing it out they're on the board.

Under the scenario where Ngata and Bunkley got taken ahead of buffalo, what do you do? And for the spirit of the thread, lets say nobody gives you a good enough deal to trade down, so you HAVE to take the best player on the board for your team at eight.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Re: If Ngata & Bunkley are gone

Huff. I like the idea of a safety with that much ability in the new defense. And I don't think Hawk is a top 5 lock. Tennessee might very well grab a QB at #3, dropping Hawk.

The other possibility (imo) is to reach for a safety.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• That Guy
      • Apr 2004

The thing is that.. there really isn't many teams in the NFL left that would think about drafting a first round quarterback. I mean really.. there's probably only like 2 or 3 at most. That could really throw a wrench in the draft projections, as I don't think New Orleans, Tennessee or the Jets will draft a QB anymore. Really, I see Baltimore and Arizona as the only teams who would want a first round QB (off the top of my head). The rest of the teams have made some sort of move that suggests that they have found their QBs elsewhere.

BTW just as a note... scouts said Jay Cutler threw excellent (completing 44 out of 45 passes) on a very windy and cold day during his pro day.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

If trading down is not an option, then I take Huff.

Screw Bowen, Cutler, and Young.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Lechter: I think leinart goes to Tenn at 3.. Brick or Mario (which one isnt at 2) goes to NY at 4 and Hawk without question to GB at five..

GB is trying to build a nasty defense..

Personally, if it were MY team I would draft Cutler under those circumstances..

I'd be happy with Huff or Davis.

Huff: Because he's a great athelte and can be a Polamalu type of safety to this defense. I love that. and Nobody in WNy will convince me Rashad Baker should be our starting safety, I dont care if its a base, 46 or cover two defense.. Let the kid learn for another year and then take over for Vincent in 2007.

Davis: Just because he is simply too good to pass up.. AS it is, teams are going to be all over Evans because I dont feel we have another real threat.. Davis would change that instantly.. No LB in the NFL can cover him he'd have to be double teamed and you cant double team everyone.. I feel VERY sorry for Evans if Josh Reed is the next best pass catcher on the field.

Plus, he's so fast he can line up at times as a WR, kind of like SD does with Gates.. and you can mix up the offense and run a lot more 1 back sets with Royal as the TE blocking on the line.

Nothing against Everett, you can find ways to use him too.. But Davis is too F'N good to pass on becuase he isn't a "need pick"

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Houston bush
            NO Williams
            Tenn Lionart
            Jets D'brick
            GB Hawk
            SF Davis
            Oak Young

Buffalo....

Both DT's will be there. We aren't taking a QB with JP on this roster. We cut him then I will buy into it. Marv and Ralph aren't going to waste the time to develop a QB. That means at some point the franchise takes a step back AGAIN to let him have full season to develop. If they aren't willing to do that this year with JP they aren't with some rookie. It is JP or some other veteran.

We take Bunkley or trade down.

Comment

• Big M
              • Jan 2004

I'm pretty sure both Ngata and Bunkley will both be there by #8. If not, we take the one that's left.

The way the signings are going, it seems to indicate that DT is the pick. The Safety,WR & TE depth may be done.

Could mean a slew of picks in the OL after Round 1. Seeing quality well into the 3rd round and the Bills with an early 2nd and two early 3rds, I wouldn't be opposed to that philosophy.

Comment

• Bmax
                • Aug 2003

not likely ...but i will take huff....2nd option trade down...take o-linemen

Bmax

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

If you listen to our DC's interview with howard Simon on WGR, he fully expects our new SS to be the starter.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    Reggie Bush, D'Brickshaw Ferguson, Mario Williams, Matt Leinart and AJ Hawk are absolute locks to go in the top five of the draft; via current order or trades, in particular order..

That leaves Bunkley, Ngata, Veron Davis, MIke Huff, Jay Cutler and Vince Young as the next level of players..

Under this scenario, not certain of course but at least possible.. What does Buffalo do?

6- SF- Ngata (def possible for a team to reach that high to stop the run)
                    7- Oak- Bunkley (ditto and they cut big Ted and their run d iS BRUTAL)

8- Buffalo?

Davis: I dont think Marv has the gonads to take Davis, even though in today's NFL a great tight end lines up as a receiever as much as he does off the end of the line. With MOulds gone this dude would hog so much attention from Evans that Lee could have a sick year. I"D take him in a MINUTE I dont care that we already have Everett and signed Royal. WE could use a lot of one RB sets and have Davis and Royal on at the same time, for far obvious different reasons. Good luck trying to have a LB cover Davis.

Huff: Highly rated.. But Buffalo did already sign Bowen to compete with Baker for SS job (which I totally disagree with, but thats another topic)

The QB's: Young and Cutler
                    I wrote about this early this week.. I stand by my belief at least one of them will be available when Buffalo picks. I'm not SUGGESTING we take one (though I'd highly consider it) but just throwing it out they're on the board.

Under the scenario where Ngata and Bunkley got taken ahead of buffalo, what do you do? And for the spirit of the thread, lets say nobody gives you a good enough deal to trade down, so you HAVE to take the best player on the board for your team at eight.
                    Ice.. Again.. I suspect that you have a problem grasping the concept of reading properly.. IN this post, its pretty CLEARLY stated (and in case you STILL dont get it, I made it in bold- JUST FOR YOU) regarding "under the scenario Ngata and Bunkley got taken ahead of Buffalo"

And as you use your famous "are you at obd how DO YOU KNOW what marv offered." HOW THE HELL DO YOU KNOW FOR A FACT that BUnkley or Ngata one or both WONT go ahead of Buffalo.. Are you INSIDE 31 other organizations.. YOU DONT know about your OWN TEAM, how you going to know about what the SF or Oak GM's are thinking? How do you know Cleveland or Baltimore wont trade ahead of Buffalo.. They both want DT's..

Learn how to read Homer.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      If you listen to our DC's interview with howard Simon on WGR, he fully expects our new SS to be the starter.
                      Im not sure if thats a good thing.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Both should be there. In Pay's draft he has Oakland taking a DL. My question here is if they don't take a QB, there are a few teams behind us that need a QB for the furture, Minn, Arizona, Dallas, Denver and KC. If one one these guys falls to them they will jump on either Young or Cutler. Besides there is a long way to go before the draft, so a lot can happen.
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

LOL at a few of you people..
                          The thread read IF Ngata or Bunkley were gone.. And it also said for the spirit of the thread no team was willing to trade up to eight.. then WHO would you take..

Do you think that its REMOTELY POSSIBLE in this strange, strange world for this to happen?

Cleveland, badly wanting a huge NT to build the 3-4 around, trades up with SF at six to take Ngata?

Baltimore, who lost Kemo to Carolina wants a pair of dominant DT (PRyce the other) and trades up with Oakland to take Bunkley?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Kgun..
                            I agree , at least one if not both SHOULD def be there.. The topic was who to take if by some chance (and it is at least possible) that they're both gone.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                              Im not sure if thats a good thing.
                              dont bother disagreeing with Ice or expressing a negative opinion on a Bills player or position.

It will be "Spam" or "Tos"

Comment

Working...
                              X