PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand something....

RedEyE
03-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Now, I'm fine with the Bills making cap space, and it's cool if they feel they don't need Milloy to be succesful on defense....BUT

...why did thet not even attempt to trade Milloy? There are so many teams out there that would have jumped at the opportunity. He had interviews set up with 4 or 5 different teams and 2 of them were set on landing him.

Releasing Milloy was a shock to everyone, so if you offered up a trade and no one does happen to bite, then you release him just before the June cuts.

I just feel that we could have gotten something more than a cap savings.

YardRat
03-18-2006, 01:04 PM
Are you sure they didn't dangle him out there as trade bait before he was cut?

PromoTheRobot
03-18-2006, 01:05 PM
It's hard to trade a player when other teams think you're going to cut them anyway.

PTR

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 01:09 PM
It's hard to trade a player when other teams think you're going to cut them anyway.

PTR

Tell that to some of the clowns who still think we're going to trade Eric Moulds

Michael82
03-18-2006, 01:19 PM

PTR
Tell that to the Minnesota Vikings. :gag:

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 01:22 PM
Tell that to the Minnesota Vikings. :gag: yeah it hurt them didn't it.

for the clown that can't understand why its called not getting into a bidding war over bonus and salary. As a FA his market value money wise increases greatly over a trade/ restructure. Is a 2nd round pick worth saving a mill or two against the cap? It sure as hell is.

RedEyE
03-18-2006, 01:25 PM
It was a total suprise that Milloy was cut. I don't think anyone saw that coming, including Milloy.

ICE74129
03-18-2006, 01:27 PM
It was a total suprise that Milloy was cut. I don't think anyone saw that coming, including Milloy.

Huh? I saw it last year. MM and TD would have cut him as well.

Mr. Pink
03-18-2006, 02:42 PM
It still would be nice if the Bills would have decided to bring in a suitable replacement however.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 02:48 PM
It still would be nice if the Bills would have decided to bring in a suitable replacement however.

what are you talking about.. Bowen was a starter.. in 2003. And Rashad Baker played well over about three games last year and he's young and cheap so that makes him a starter to. Oh, he also has "high character."

If I hear "he fits the cover two scheme" better than Milloy one more time I will throw up.. It was a cheap cost cutting move nothing more nothing less.. Funny how so many teams want our 5-11 garbage like Adams and Milloy isn't it.

I dont care if we play a 46, cover two, 11 men at the line or prevent.. Bowen and Baker are not better than Milloy, they are cheaper.. end of story. oh well

Draft Bunkley in the first and take the best tackle available in the second round.. Since we're trying to get a guard and I dont even think for a second now we'd pay for a real tackle like Runyan.

RedEyE
03-18-2006, 02:55 PM
Huh? I saw it last year. MM and TD would have cut him as well.

Really? What tipped you off?

Mr. Pink
03-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Actually don't you think MM and TD would have kept him and gone after 1 or 2 high priced guys and sold us on these guys are the missing pieces to the puzzle and we're going all the way now? Someone like Arrington and Hutchinson.

BillsFever21
03-18-2006, 04:12 PM
:clap:

Once again more people who are in denial. They will make themselves believe anything before they will admit this is just a crappy team who will be lucky to win 5 games again this year.

!Papacrunk!
03-18-2006, 07:28 PM
Maybe he had all of those visits, because he was cut. I'm not sure, I think the Phins had some interest, since they need help in the secondary as well.

Tatonka
03-18-2006, 07:56 PM
If I hear "he fits the cover two scheme" better than Milloy one more time I will throw up.. It was a cheap cost cutting move nothing more nothing less.. Funny how so many teams want our 5-11 garbage like Adams and Milloy isn't it.

yeah.. people are going crazy over milloy.. cincy looked at him.. and signed someone else.. and then milloy signed for a measly 6million in atlanta..

and adams hasnt signed yet because he isnt getting good offers either.. two teams looked at him.. miami and cincy.. justin bannan got more money than sam adams will get. watch. justin bannan got more than milloy too.

give me a break man.. they were old and done.. not worth near the money they were making.. that is why they got cut and people are not knocking down their doors.

Bill Brasky
03-18-2006, 07:59 PM
Now, I'm fine with the Bills making cap space, and it's cool if they feel they don't need Milloy to be succesful on defense....BUT

...why did thet not even attempt to trade Milloy? There are so many teams out there that would have jumped at the opportunity. He had interviews set up with 4 or 5 different teams and 2 of them were set on landing him.

Releasing Milloy was a shock to everyone, so if you offered up a trade and no one does happen to bite, then you release him just before the June cuts.

I just feel that we could have gotten something more than a cap savings.

I was hoping they'd try to trade both him and Moulds. Who knows anymore :idunno: