PDA

View Full Version : What is the current direction?

Mr. Pink
03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I sit here baffled as to what the brass at One Bills Drive is doing....
As one post has already stated we have more WRs than OL, which makes absolutely no sense to me or anyone else for that matter.

The team has done little or nothing to address fixing the OL other than the offer tendered to RFA Wells, which I highly doubt the Cards won't match, but I may be proved wrong on that account. What happened to all the speculation of Mawae, Fabini? I knew we were never going to land players like Hutch or LeCharles because they were far too expensive than we could afford/willing to spend. Meanwhile, we're sitting here now with an offensive line that is ACTUALLY worse than what it was last year. If that's possible. Which makes whoever the hell is playing QB not really matter, not that I like either of the two choices there either. But you could bring Tom Brady in here and he wouldn't be very effective after being on his back in 3 seconds.

Sam Adams was released, while I agree with him being released we sign Larry Triplett to replace him. Larry Triplett? The guy Indy didn't like enough so they signed Mr. Simon but he's going to be fine here right? Do you remember how good Indy was vs the run before they got Simon?

Lawyer Milloy was replaced with Matt Bowen! What a brilliant maneuver of something. I'm not really sure what that something is. Bowen is a backup and a good special teamer, wait don't we already have the same exact thing in Coy Wire? Oh yes we do.

Robert Royals! We paid 2.5 million for a TE that can block and hasn't shown much of anything as a passing game option. Maybe we'll go the Jason Peters route with this guy and convert him to Tackle. Actually all sarcasm aside, maybe that is the plan?

Andre Davis? I'm now completely baffled as to why he was added. I figured him to be Reeds' replacement, but apparently not. While he's good when he's on the field he is oft injured and has played one full season in the NFL. So what exactly is this guys role? 3rd? 4th? 5th? What is Reeds' for that matter?

All in all NONE of these signings make any sense nor provide a sense of direction at all. Building for the future? None of these guys have shown that they're players you want to build around. Win now? Then we woulda seen guys like Culpepper, Bentley, TO, Archuleta, etc persued. I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick and tired of being sold a turd in a shiny package disguised as hope and aspirations. I'm not buying it anymore and I'm calling it was it truly is BS.

So that all aside, the only current direction I can see by these signings is one thing and hopefully I am wrong. The Bills are attempting to field the worst possible team they can. In efforts to drive down ticket sales and merchandise sales so that the NFL can have their vision and dream of having a team in LA again. With a product so bad on the field that they don't sell tickets nor merchandise moving a franchise becomes so much easier. And given Mr. Wilsons' age in the scenario as well, it ties in.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 02:33 PM
how dare you have the nerve to paint the Bills in a non-positive image on this board!!!!

You'll be neg-repped to death on here because some people on the board only "want to hear what they want to hear"

I actually agree with you on the majority of what you said about this team's misfires to this point..

I think the LA comment was ******ed though

Ebenezer
03-18-2006, 02:35 PM
I think it is simple. One of three prospects. I am going with a combination of 1 & 2.

1. This team was much further away from a contender than anybody wants to admit and this is just the beginning of a couple of year rebuild.

2. RW will not front big money for bonuses.

3. RW and ML are just senile.

patmoran2006
03-18-2006, 02:42 PM
ACtually I agree with 2.5 of those three points.

Marv aint senile.. He's very smart.. But he's been given a knife to bring to a gun fight, if you catch my drift.. I got nothing but love for Marv, It's Wilson who my problem is with.

We are turning into the 1990's version of the Cincinnati Bengals, and that makes my stomach turn.

BillsFever21
03-18-2006, 04:24 PM
Good points :clap:

Finally some more sanity on this board. This team will be even worse then last year. These players we've given decent sized contracts to are nothing but average players you can find anywhere. These guys won't win us any games.

But when we stink it up again this year everyone can just blame the QB again and go on with their lives and say "wait till next year"

Well next year isn't ever gonna come unless we just get lucky with some draft picks and some scrub signings.

It's pretty bad the best player we signed in FA got demoted on his own team. But the denailist think he's "up and coming" and I sure the hell hope they're right.

All the money we had and nothing but 2nd and 3rd tier junk to show for it. Thank you Mr. Wilson.

I'm begining to not even care what happens with this franchise after Wilson dies. Wilson isn't commited to winning enough to pony up the bucks it takes and if the next owner is like that then what's the sense of having a team.

If the franchise isn't gonna do what it takes to try and seriously compete then I'm starting to not even care if they did leave Buffalo. There's no sense of even having a team if they're gonna be the old Bengals and Cardinals.

The Bengals turned it around and at least the Cardinals are attempting to now. I think we're the worst ran franchise in the league right now. This team isn't going anywhere soon.

Nublar7
03-18-2006, 11:39 PM
What Bills fans get to say EVERY year:

http://www.moviewavs.com/0058493028/MP3S/Movies/Waterboy/ohnowesuckagain.mp3

The_Philster
03-19-2006, 04:04 AM
ACtually I agree with 2.5 of those three points.

Marv aint senile.. He's very smart.. But he's been given a knife to bring to a gun fight, if you catch my drift.. I got nothing but love for Marv, Yet you wanted TO in here

don137
03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
I think it is simple. One of three prospects. I am going with a combination of 1 & 2.

1. This team was much further away from a contender than anybody wants to admit and this is just the beginning of a couple of year rebuild.

2. RW will not front big money for bonuses.

3. RW and ML are just senile.

In regards to number 1. I believe in the era of free agency good front offices can turn a bad team around in one year. It has happened many many times. In the old days before free agency bad teams did take a few years only relying on the draft. Today is different and you can reload with good free agent signings and a good draft.