• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I say neither Bunkley NOR Ngata

I like Bunkley and Ngata, but I hope we end taking neither of them.. I STILL hope we take Vernon Davis (if he even is around then) because of how many different things he can bring to the offense.

As I said earlier in another post, most the great pass catch TE's in this league split wide and dont even line up next to the tackle anymore.Take Jeremy Shockey and Gates.. You never know if they're lining up next to tackle or as a slot receiever... Davis has a TE body AND he has WR speed and hands.. He's the ultimate answer to Moulds, not anyone else we have.

And WITH HIM.. The rest of the offense can do a lot more.. You can run a lot of one back sets to mix it up, with double TE's (Royal is a good blocker).. If you're looking to pound the ball with a two TE set, Davis can block very well and is regarded as a much better blocker than Everett.

Everett, who for intents and purposes is a rookie again this year; can still be of a good use. For starters, he's depth< MUCH better than Nuefeld or Euhus. You can at times use both Everett and Davis in a double TE set.. Good luck trying to figure out who to cover with yer safety.. You can also split out Davis at times, I think his 4.38 speed suggests that he can play a little wide out from time to time. That happens to be faster than about 70% of the WR in the league who play the position.

Most importantly, he's beyond just a "threat" and will free up more chances for Lee Evans to not get triple doubled and tripled team as often, which is what will happen if Josh Reed is our second best receiever on the team.

Basically, to me.. If were able to get Davis it would give our offense a lot more looks and different ways we can hurt you. It will keep defenses guessing a lot more and I feel it would make JP Losman in turn a lot more effective.

That and oh ya, he's only the best prospect at the position to come out of the draft since.. maybe ever.

I'm banking that Marv gets at least 1-2 O linemen between now and the draft, Wells would be an improved start. If he can get Wells and a tackle (ashworth, walker, runyan) Our line will be a lot better.. That affords us:

1- Davis (just too f'n good to not take)
    Rd 2- best DT on the board (I think watson will be there)
    3a- best guard availabe.. could take over for Chris V in 2007.
    3b- Safety

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: I say neither Bunkley NOT Ngata

Maybe I should learn how to spell a headline properly before offering insight to the topic, huh..

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Better yet learn football. You ***** and whine every 5 minutes about lines then you say pass on them? We have tight ends, draft linemen

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

Yes so we can have another overpaid TE on this roster, isn't Royals enough?
        And then there's Everett who some people expect to be huge on this team based upon him being on the U prior. Drafting Davis would be a HUGE blunder and another step back for this organization.

You say that the biggest problem Bledsoe had here was because the previous regime neglected the o-line? Well why not go after Winston Justice with this pick? Or trade down a few slots and get Winston and more picks to upgrade the huge glaring holes on this "titanic."

Vernon Davis is a luxury pick, the problem is the Bills don't have the luxury of being able to realistically select him.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Ice:
          Here's a thought.. SIGN A FEW VETERANS on the line who've actually played in the NFL..

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I think our TE position is set. We'd be more dangerous if both lines are dominant. Teams that have Gonzo , Shockey and Chargers haven't won a sb. However, dominant lines have.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Ice:
              Here's a thought.. SIGN A FEW VETERANS on the line who've actually played in the NFL..
              I don't mind the idea though especially if we get rid of Moulds.
              sacrifice1

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Vernon Davis wouldnt be a luxury pick to Lee Evans, your new no. 1 WR who's going to be quadruple-teamed on every play because the rest of the receivers are bums..

Josh Reed can't shake Jude Law off the line of scrimmage, let alone Ty Law

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

I see your reasoning for Davis and while I would not be upset with the pick I think Huff is the smarter pick for this team. But as long as we dont get Ngata Im happy.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Vernon Davis wouldnt be a luxury pick to Lee Evans, your new no. 1 WR who's going to be quadruple-teamed on every play because the rest of the receivers are bums..

You under estimate Andre Davis, personally I think he poised for a breakout year.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

This is another in a long list of examples of just how STUPID Ice is..

Let JP play this. Let JP play that... He has to prove himself.. blahblahblah..

BUT INSTEAD of going out and getting the KID Losman a set of capable offensive linemen through Free Agency like a Runyan and Wells or Neal.. You know them right.. Guys who've played in the NFL and dont have to learn on the job.

Lets draft ROOKIE OFFENSIVE LINEMEN to put in there for JP to get murdered..

Tell ya what.. Why dont we Keep Peters.. Get rid of everybody else.. TRade down from 8.. have a first and three seconds.. and lets use ALL FOUR of those picks on rookie offensive linemen. Moron

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

that's not fair, Jude Law was projected to be the next Partick Surtain.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Ice is back on the board.. My rep will be minus 20,000 before 8pm..

Cause that makes him SOOOO cool.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

You need to wake the Fk up and understand It isn't me. You aren't liked period.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Anybody who thinks that Lee Evans is going to be fine as a number one receiver with the likes of Josh Reed, Andre Davis or Roscoe Parrish as the other starter.. and Bobby Royal as the TE is sadly mistaken.

Davis can be a tight end on one play and a WR the next.. It's NOT that he's a TE.. Its two things

1) He can absolute eff up a defensive scheme
                              2) You can run A LOT More looks on offense with him that YOU CANT without him.

At the end of the day, a team like SF or OAK, who like us both have crappy lines on both sides of the ball.. Will draft Davis because they know the IMPACT he will have in the NFL.

I"m so sick of that "need' word.. Here's a word for bills fans.. "Impact"

Comment

Working...
                              X