• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

For PHILSTER

38 of the Top 50 UFA's on ESPN's list is gone.. 6 of the 12 remaining are corners and kickers, plus Sam Adams.

ESPN.com - NFL - Pasquarelli: Top 50 UFAs

At the start of Free Agency on March 10, 13 of the other 31 teams in the league had less salary cap money than Buffalo, and that INCLUDES Eric Moulds still being on the roster.

ESPN.com - NFL - Clayton: Salary cap status of all 32 teams

And like I said, that DOESNT include Eric MOuld's cap figure, or Bennie Anderson's, who even you agree is a bum who needs to get cut.. that's without re-doing a single contract either to free up more cap money.

Yet, Tennessee, who started March 10 with just $6.2 in cap room goes out and gets David Givens, Kevin Mawae and Chris Hope; three guys that I"m sure would have been tremendous upgrades AT Positions Buffalo needs.

The Giants went out and totally revamped their secondary, their biggest weakness.

Miami was in worst cap shape then us yet ended up with one of the best QB's in the league in Duante Culpepper not to mention a left tackle in LJ SHelton (who wasn't 'good' enough for Donahoe last year) and they will likely end up with Peterson or Arrington.

Carolina was worse-off than Buffalo yet landed Kemoeatu and Justin Hartwig. I"m pretty sure Buffalo would love a strong center and huge NT like Kemo right now.

Lastly, I dont even have to recall what Washington did with less cap room. Forget about El, who was overpaid.. How about Archuleta? Or Andre Carter?

That's not "Chicken Little". .Those are FACTS

You can call it Chicken Little.. You can call is "spam".. YOu can call it TOS
    I call it since FA began March 10, a team that needs impact players and has cap room to do it simply DROPPED THE BALL.. As a whole, this orginazation has looked woefully unprepared for what was to take place come March 10. Our owner doesn't even understand what the CBA even means.

It didnt take Marv's IVY league degree to realize that taking the majority of your freed up cap money and getting the most impact O and D linemen was of the most importance.

This was a losing team last year and so far they've gotten worst.
    Even with a great draft this year, You're waiting 2-3 years at least for them to develop into great NFL players.

The year is 2006 and its the ERA of "worst to first", teams do it every year.. Its the ERA where money makes the world go 'round and where if your willing to spend the money you can get the players in you need to make a run.
    This is just turned into an ownership where Wilson is dreadfully cheap. I know ICE will say "are you at OBD how do you know"..

It doesn't take Jay Gazler. Len Pasquarelli, or John Clayton to figure out that you're bringing Jason Fabini, Ryan Pickett and Stephen Neal and announcing the signings of Robert Royal, Andre Davis and Matt Bowen instead; it's because Wilson and/or Levy aren't offering money comparable to other teams; other teams that want to win for the fans NOW.

Call my Opinions "chicken little" "spam" or whatever you want. What's worse is being a HOMER and that's what some of you are. GOD forbid someone expresses on a message board no-less their frustration over a team trying to sell us lemons.

Maybe at some point (you know who you are) will be man enough to admit this organization is taking steps BACK, not forward. 18 months ago we were a borderline playof team. Its March of '06 and around the league, we're now the laughinstock of the NFL.

We had talent at key positions.. Our corners are among the best in the NFL, our LB's with TKO are as good as anybody. Willis is still learning his craft and yet still had 1,200 yards last year. Evans already has 16 TD's in two years.

We have PLENTY OF TALENT to NOT be a huge rebuilding project.. SPEND some money on the damn lines and I like our chances.. KNOCK the 3rd level FA crap off..

Neal and Runyan are out there and you got the cash.. GET THEM.. OVERPAY if you have too, they are that valuable to a franchise that NEEDS those kind of offensive linemen.. The last six years serve as EVIDENCE.!

Anybody who says those guys aren't vital to a team trying to turn it around.. Aren't chicken little or homers.

They're stupid.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: For PHILSTER

All I have to say to this is AMEN!

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

One thing I didnt even touch on was JP Losman.

Most here thinks the kid deserves a REAL audition, as do I.

Yet you want to build a line through the draft?

How can you put a raw kid in at QB and expect him to succeed with ROOKIES on the offensive line? If I have a young kid at QB, I want proven winners on the line blocking for him ESPECIALLY when I got the cash to do it.

I'll let you in a secret.. Big Ben is a good quarterback no matter what.. He's a GREAT quarterback, because the Steelers have an AWESOME offensive line. Every one of them have minimum four years of experience as well.

Maybe we should try that.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

Not to discount what you are saying, but Lenny P. ain't exactly a NFL personnel chief.

I'd trust my own opinions before I trusted his.

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Dick.. I agree.. My point was it doesnt take a NATIONALLY known media figure to know what's going on at OBD.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
            Zero for Zero!
            • Mar 2003

That this team needs more than one year to re-build?
            Originally posted by mysticsoto
            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Teams that are "rebuilding" seem to be doing a lot more with less, as I demonstrated earlier.

Comment

• Bling
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                That this team needs more than one year to re-build?
                Re-building is such Bull****. Miami "rebuilded" in a year. Went from 4-12 without a QB, RB, OL, DL, LBs, FS. They went ahead and fixed every position except QB and FS in the offseason via FA (except Ronnie Brown via DRAFT), spent money on coaching and is now 9-7 going into the season with a QB. Quit being homers, and realize YOU CAN BUILD A TEAM via FA. YOU CAN BUILD A TEAM period. WTF do you have to make it so complicated to create a team? Spend money on starters, and not scrubs, and you might compete. Otherwise you look like the Cardinals.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                  Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Dick.. I agree.. My point was it doesnt take a NATIONALLY known media figure to know what's going on at OBD.
                  Unfortunately it's fairly well known we are regarded as "cheap". My hope is that Marv & Co. are aiming at up and coming players, who they personally regard as building blocks for us.

I'll admit that the lack of big-name players and/or knowledge of negotiations is frustrating. But I'm more than willing to let FA play out a little bit and see where we are.

I figure that it's either "Trust in Marv" or concede that they don't have a clue and are cheap. I can't let myself just rail against the Bills regime as being hopeless.

God give me style and give me grace
                  God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                    Re-building is such Bull****. Miami "rebuilded" in a year. Went from 4-12 without a QB, RB, OL, DL, LBs, FS. They went ahead and fixed every position except QB and FS in the offseason via FA (except Ronnie Brown via DRAFT), spent money on coaching and is now 9-7 going into the season with a QB. Quit being homers, and realize YOU CAN BUILD A TEAM via FA. YOU CAN BUILD A TEAM period. WTF do you have to make it so complicated to create a team? Spend money on starters, and not scrubs, and you might compete. Otherwise you look like the Cardinals.
                    I hate the Dolphins.. But you are 100% right.

I'm not asking for the world via FA.. I dont think its outta line as a fan to say to Wilson "our line blows, everybody knows this.. knock this character and draft crap off and go get Runyan and Neal".

Lets see . Runyan/Neal vs Gandy/Anderson.. My 12-year old son can figure that one out.

Get Runyan and Neal via FA.. Draft Bunkley or Ngata in round one and the best safety or DE in round two.. thats not rebuilding.. thats INTELLIGENCE.

Comment

• Bling
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Get Runyan and Neal via FA.. Draft Bunkley or Ngata in round one and the best safety or DE in round two.. thats not rebuilding.. thats INTELLIGENCE.
                      Do that, and the Bills are on their way to a 7-9, 8-8 team. How exciting!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Hell you don't even have to go back to last year to see a team that rebuilded in one year, now we have no idea how good Cleveland is going to be this year but they went out in ONE FREE AGENCY PERIOD, and brought in lets see, 6 starters out of the 7 total guys they signed. And Bentley, Joe J and Shaffer count for a grand total of 7 million against the cap because the owner was willing to pay bonus money. Buffalo had more than double that to spend, cap wise, yet you don't see ANY players of that quality here. Why is that?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Do that, and the Bills are on their way to a 7-9, 8-8 team. How exciting!
                          Do that, and 2 of those 7 wins will come against the Miami Dolphins.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Hell you don't even have to go back to last year to see a team that rebuilded in one year, now we have no idea how good Cleveland is going to be this year but they went out in ONE FREE AGENCY PERIOD, and brought in lets see, 6 starters out of the 7 total guys they signed. And Bentley, Joe J and Shaffer count for a grand total of 7 million against the cap because the owner was willing to pay bonus money. Buffalo had more than double that to spend, cap wise, yet you don't see ANY players of that quality here. Why is that?
                            Ralph Wilsonstein.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

Bling, this kills me...but, GREAT POST! I do agree that a team can address some major holes with paying good money for the right player. That is not a bad thing, for some reason it has become taboo around here to think that the Bills should actually spend money to fix their OL problem, why? Maybe people just have too much faith in the new regime because of the nostalgia of Marv being back, maybe some are just tired of being so critical, but in the end I think the biggest reason why people go along with whatever comes out of One Bills Drive is that they are fans. We're not the experts, so we feel the GM should have a grasp of what is going on. However, it doesn't always work out that way...see Tom Donahoe's resume. We don't want to believe that we might actually take a step back, even further than TD took us, so we start to rationalize it by saying; "the new regime has a plan, they know what they're doing." This might be true, this might not...but one thing that I believe is very evident up until this point in FA is that the Bills have not become any better on the OL. Thus, this is why all the negative comments are being written. WE as fans can tell what is wrong with the team, but we have yet to address it appropriately. It's very aggravating and not everybody feels that going through the draft is going to help that area of the team immediately. If this is the case, then we as fans have to come to the realization that we're going to be pretty bad next year and that is not what people want to think about going in to a brand new season. In the end, it is the feeling that we won't be any better next year that makes everybody cynical and negative. IMO - Sorry for the rant...but I felt it had to be said.

Comment

Working...
                              X