PDA

View Full Version : Jon Runyun

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2006, 09:11 AM
He's still out there. Why have we not even brought him in for a visit yet??

Don't tell me he's too old, Marv. You're friggin 80.

ICE74129
03-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Because of age and attitude. He said offer a contract first and then I will decide if I want to interview. Oh...no. Stay a FA or go back to philly.

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2006, 09:26 AM
I was not aware of that. What a dunghole.

patmoran2006
03-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Because of age and attitude. He said offer a contract first and then I will decide if I want to interview. Oh...no. Stay a FA or go back to philly.

he's been a Pro Bowler how many times?

Tatonka
03-19-2006, 12:23 PM
not enough times to say he wants a contract offer before he will visit.. obviously.. that is why his ass is still sitting around..

notice ross verba hasnt signed with anyone in over a year either.. i am surprised your not crying for him.

Mr. Pink
03-19-2006, 12:28 PM
not enough times to say he wants a contract offer before he will visit.. obviously.. that is why his ass is still sitting around..

notice ross verba hasnt signed with anyone in over a year either.. i am surprised your not crying for him.

You know, Verba would be an excellent addition at RT and with him sitting for a year he has really NO leverage in any contract demand. We should actually honestly make an effort to get him. While he's not the best tackle in the NFL like he's claimed in the past, he is a solid contributor.

camelcowboy
03-19-2006, 12:32 PM
You know, Verba would be an excellent addition at RT and with him sitting for a year he has really NO leverage in any contract demand. We should actually honestly make an effort to get him. While he's not the best tackle in the NFL like he's claimed in the past, he is a solid contributor.

Character issues with Verba is why he wasn't, and will never be a bill. He likes to party, and gamble from what i hear. I think Ruyan is just at the point were he doesn't want to do the freeagent thing.

Mr. Pink
03-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Character issues with Verba is why he wasn't, and will never be a bill. He likes to party, and gamble from what i hear. I think Ruyan is just at the point were he doesn't want to do the freeagent thing.

Because gambling and drinking a little or a lot is illegal these days? I'm willing to bet that pretty much everyone on this board has partook in either of these twos. Not to mention I'm willing to bet everyone on this board has done one if not both over this very weekend. As long as he isn't betting on football games that adversely effect his performance, which obviously he hasn't, or else the NFL would have banned him. Or he isn't showing up to games drunk why does it matter what a person does in his free time as long as it is well within the parameters of the law of the land?

patmoran2006
03-19-2006, 12:46 PM
YOu want a reason.. Here's a reason..

Jon Runyan is a 10-year veteran who's been to more Pro Bowls than every other Bill on this team combined, minus Eric Moulds, who will soon be gone.

By the way, he hasnt missed a start in nine years either.. The Anti-Jonas Jennings/Mike Williams.

HE doesnt have to "audition" to anybody.

This should be the interview, it can be done over the phone and take 10 seconds..

Marv; So Jon, what can do you for the Buffalo Bills?

Jon: Knock defensive ends and linebackers flat on their ass all over the field.

Marv: Sounds good enough to me. We'll be faxing you over a contract.

camelcowboy
03-19-2006, 01:12 PM
Because gambling and drinking a little or a lot is illegal these days? I'm willing to bet that pretty much everyone on this board has partook in either of these twos. Not to mention I'm willing to bet everyone on this board has done one if not both over this very weekend. As long as he isn't betting on football games that adversely effect his performance, which obviously he hasn't, or else the NFL would have banned him. Or he isn't showing up to games drunk why does it matter what a person does in his free time as long as it is well within the parameters of the law of the land?

Why hasn't he been signed for over a year now, his name doesn't pop anywhere. A team in cleveland who has had a crappy line for year lets him go. You tell me should the bills sign him.

patmoran2006
03-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Why hasn't he been signed for over a year now, his name doesn't pop anywhere. A team in cleveland who has had a crappy line for year lets him go. You tell me should the bills sign him.

Screw Verba.. This thread is about Runyan.

Bmax
03-19-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey the guy took a vacation with his family out of the country i believe ..

Can't blame him for taking his time..I'm sure his agent will let him know about any big offers while big guy relaxes. Sometimes as fans we forget these guys need time to relax and take it easy with their families before the long season continues..

Runyan probably already has an offer on the table from philly. He can either sign that or wait.. Most of the guys who aren't with teams will be signing before the draft to secure spots. Those that wait till the draft is over won't have many options. Thus the price will be lower .. HMM maybe that's what the bills are waiting for.....

Bmax

patmoran2006
03-19-2006, 01:40 PM
He did take a vacation. The only team I know that's spoken to for sure is New England, and he obviously hasn't signed with them yet.

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2006, 02:05 PM
I wonder if we've requested for his visit.

patmoran2006
03-19-2006, 02:10 PM

Since you like to be the Gal Grissom/CSI of this board and tell us often "do you have the papers from OBD."

How do you know for a FACT that Runyan said this to Levy and that this is true?

The_Philster
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
YOu want a reason.. Here's a reason..

Jon Runyan is a 10-year veteran who's been to more Pro Bowls than every other Bill on this team combined, minus Eric Moulds, who will soon be gone.

By the way, he hasnt missed a start in nine years either.. The Anti-Jonas Jennings/Mike Williams.

HE doesnt have to "audition" to anybody.

I don't give a damn who he is ...if he can't coexist with the staff, then he doesn't get a contract offer...and there's no way of telling that without an interview

ICE74129
03-19-2006, 07:09 PM
he's been a Pro Bowler how many times?

It doesn't matter. Older, has an attitude and apperantly his own team wasn't worried about letting him check out the FA market. And BTW...no one has made him an offer yet. Nuff said.

ICE74129
03-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Since you like to be the Gal Grissom/CSI of this board and tell us often "do you have the papers from OBD."

How do you know for a FACT that Runyan said this to Levy and that this is true?

It is FACT because many media outlets inc ESPN, NFLN etc said that he has stated he won't go visit with ANYONE without a contract offer first. Dont' have to work for CSI when the man flat makes it known though the media.

Jerry-EP
03-19-2006, 09:40 PM
He's still out there. Why have we not even brought him in for a visit yet??

Don't tell me he's too old, Marv. You're friggin 80.

If not Runyun. what about Ross Verba. I know that he is a headcase but he is nasty and good. I want to see some guy outthere that gets pissed off once in awhile or some one that the other team knows that they have to watch that guy.

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2006, 11:05 PM
If it was between the two, I'd rather have Runyun. Yes Runyun might be cocky, but Verba is a ****. :down:

LifetimeBillsFan
03-19-2006, 11:43 PM
Hey the guy took a vacation with his family out of the country i believe ..

Can't blame him for taking his time..I'm sure his agent will let him know about any big offers while big guy relaxes. Sometimes as fans we forget these guys need time to relax and take it easy with their families before the long season continues..

Runyan probably already has an offer on the table from philly. He can either sign that or wait.. Most of the guys who aren't with teams will be signing before the draft to secure spots. Those that wait till the draft is over won't have many options. Thus the price will be lower .. HMM maybe that's what the bills are waiting for.....

Bmax

I read this same information in an article on ESPN.com last week and posted a link to the article. It said that the Eagles wanted to resign Runyan, but that he was on vacation until March 18 and would not be visiting or making arrangements to visit any team before his return.