PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, we all need to relax!

Nighthawk
03-19-2006, 10:00 AM
I've been pretty vocal about my desire for the Bills to sign an OL or two, but I haven't hated everything they've done. Some of these guys may turn out to be "diamonds in the rough" or they may not.

One thing is for sure, in order to keep this board the greatest "Bills talk" board on the net we have to keep our cool and have well thought out discussions about a team that we are all very passionate about. :calm:

Mitchy moo
03-19-2006, 10:03 AM
I've been pretty vocal about my desire for the Bills to sign an OL or two, but I haven't hated everything they've done. Some of these guys may turn out to be "diamonds in the rough" or they may not.

One thing is for sure, in order to keep this board the greatest "Bills talk" board on the net we have to keep our cool and have well thought out discussions about a team that we are all very passionate about. :calm:

Maybe infuriating people by killing thier rep will not make this a happy place, it's not right.

The_Philster
03-19-2006, 10:04 AM

:bf1:

patmoran2006
03-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Night I agree with you..

I have NO PROBLEM with someone disagreeing when I make a point; neither myself nor anyone for that matter always turns out to be right.

But i think its fair to suggest countering a point or post with an actual THOUGHT of your own; not crying to the mods because a Bills fan doesnt like what they are reading.

To the best of my knowledge, this is Buffalo Billszone.com..A place to talk Buffalo Bills footballl from YOUR perspective.. Not "marv levy bandwagon.com"

There are people on here who if I didnt know better I'd SWEAR they worked for Scott Berchtold over at OBD.. Their comments are nothing more than what you would read from an official Bills press release. and GOD forbid you buck a Buffalo Bills press release post and voice your displeasure on the direction of the team.

I welcome insight, whether I agree with it or not..

Nighthawk
03-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Fair enough...

Drive 4 Five
03-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Well if we're talking opinions, the national and even local media isn't very high on the moves we've made so far.

kgun12
03-19-2006, 10:29 AM

I agree, but everyone has to remember that this is a chat board about the Bills and FA is a big part of it. Just because some have different views doesn't mean they should be subjected to an attack of the rep power, or be told we don't what were talking about. There is ONLY ONE person on this board working for the NFL. So except for him NO ONE should be telling anyone they don't know what there talking about. We all earn our money outside of the NFL. If they want a board were everyone agree start another forum here call "Only if you agree"

Here is what it will look like:

Thead: The Bills are building for the future in FA
ALL Responses "I agree" Boy will that be a fun forum.

We aren't calling them names and I'm not arrogant enough to say things like "we understand how things work" and you don't know what the Bills FO is think" LIKE THEY DO! I am here to discuss the Bills, FA and everything else to do with the Bills I'm SORRY if it isn't in lock step but people should be put down, afraid to give an opinion different from other for fear of getting negged to death for it!

Drive 4 Five
03-19-2006, 10:38 AM
Why is this whole rep thing so important anyway? Anyone ever see how Kinigirly's rep grows by the second everytime she posts? And why do you think that is? What does that tell you about this whole rep thing? How do you think FBH's rep got so high. I admit I get pissed when I get negged. Recently there were people going around and negging you while pretending to be someone else in an attempt to get people to donate. I think we all take this whole rep thing way to seriously.

Nighthawk
03-19-2006, 10:40 AM
I agree, but everyone has to remember that this is a chat board about the Bills and FA is a big part of it. Just because some have different views doesn't mean they should be subjected to an attack of the rep power, or be told we don't what were talking about. There is ONLY ONE person on this board working for the NFL. So except for him NO ONE should be telling anyone they don't know what there talking about. We all earn our money outside of the NFL. If they want a board were everyone agree start another forum here call "Only if you agree"

Here is what it will look like:

Thead: The Bills are building for the future in FA
ALL Responses "I agree" Boy will that be a fun forum.

We aren't calling them names and I'm not arrogant enough to say things like "we understand how things work" and you don't know what the Bills FO is think" LIKE THEY DO! I am here to discuss the Bills, FA and everything else to do with the Bills I'm SORRY if it isn't in lock step but people should be put down, afraid to give an opinion different from other for fear of getting negged to death for it!

Well said, and I agree. That is what makes this site fun, the difference of opinions. You know that they say, "opionions are like a$$hole$, everybody has one." That pretty much sums it up! :crack:

kgun12
03-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Well said, and I agree. That is what makes this site fun, the difference of opinions. You know that they say, "opionions are like a$$hole$, everybody has one." That pretty much sums it up! :crack:

Thanks, but where are all there responses! Really I'm not saying this to be a smartass, but if we are wrong to think we can post our opinions even if there different, tell me where I'm wrong. This board was started several years back because people on the other board became way overpowerful, it was there way or you got banned or suspended. This board is going in the same direction. I have been here since the second day this board was born and I'm getting close to leaving it if I can't even state and opinion without being told it's wrong. How can my opinion be wrong? Different Yes wrong NO! This is one of the better boards out there, but with the "mafia's the families and the negitive repping it's going down hill fast. Thanks guys!

Drive 4 Five
03-19-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks, but where are all there responses! Really I'm not saying this to be a smartass, but if we are wrong to think we can post our opinions even if there different, tell me where I'm wrong. This board was started several years back because people on the other board became way overpowerful, it was there way or you got banned or suspended. This board is going in the same direction. I have been here since the second day this board was born and I'm getting close to leaving it if I can't even state and opinion without being told it's wrong. How can my opinion be wrong? Different Yes wrong NO! This is one of the better boards out there, but with the "mafia's the families and the negitive repping it's going down hill fast. Thanks guys!

I didn't realize the history behind all of this. You're right. This board is going to go down the tubes if this **** keeps up. I love BZ but I'll be damned if I am going to put up with idiot **** like this. Threatening people to give up their zone bucks by negging them? Negging people and leaving disgusting comments while pretending to be someone else in an attempt to get you to donate to discover who was really leaving the rude ass comments? That is going way to far. What's next?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Why is this whole rep thing so important anyway? Anyone ever see how Kinigirly's rep grows by the second everytime she posts? And why do you think that is? What does that tell you about this whole rep thing? How do you think FBH's rep got so high. I admit I get pissed when I get negged. Recently there were people going around and negging you while pretending to be someone else in an attempt to get people to donate. I think we all take this whole rep thing way to seriously.

I think the idea of "rep" was inteded by the originator as a fun and unique way for people to interact on the forum. Recently it has morphed into a way for people to attack and gang up on someone.

2 weeks ago I was in the positive on rep because I was participating in discussion in a pretty innocuious way. Then I pissed someone off and I got attacked and ganged up on by a group that negged every post I made just for spite... It made me pretty sad to see it happening because I really try to be polite in my posts and the neggeing was purley vindictive.

I agree that "rep" is meaningless, but anyone wants to feel that they are participating in a positive way, and when you get attacked, it is frustrating cause you cant do anything about it.

I actually contacted via PM the person I felt was responsible, but I did not attack him, I just politly asked that we be gentlemen and goodsports and in the spirit of good will, just let the past be the past.

He responded in a positive and constructive manner.... and I have a new respect for him now.

If I get negged for saying something stupid, taht is fine... but getting negged for spite is unsportsmanlike conduct.

I vow to all of you that I will conduct myself like a gentelman and I hope you all can do the same.

After all... GO BILLS!

Kind regards,
Keith

Nighthawk
03-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I think the idea of "rep" was inteded by the originator as a fun and unique way for people to interact on the forum. Recently it has morphed into a way for people to attack and gang up on someone.

2 weeks ago I was in the positive on rep because I was participating in discussion in a pretty innocuious way. Then I pissed someone off and I got attacked and ganged up on by a group that negged every post I made just for spite... It made me pretty sad to see it happening because I really try to be polite in my posts and the neggeing was purley vindictive.

I agree that "rep" is meaningless, but anyone wants to feel that they are participating in a positive way, and when you get attacked, it is frustrating cause you cant do anything about it.

I actually contacted via PM the person I felt was responsible, but I did not attack him, I just politly asked that we be gentlemen and goodsports and in the spirit of good will, just let the past be the past.

He responded in a positive and constructive manner.... and I have a new respect for him now.

If I get negged for saying something stupid, taht is fine... but getting negged for spite is unsportsmanlike conduct.

I vow to all of you that I will conduct myself like a gentelman and I hope you all can do the same.

After all... GO BILLS!

Kind regards,
Keith

I believe that was the intention and I agree it does seem to have gotten out of hand by some people. However, don't stop coming here because of one or two bad seeds. I think the majority of the people on this board have good opinions and like to constructively argue them. Keep posting! :rockout:

Statman
03-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Some of these guys may turn out to be "diamonds in the rough" or they may not.

Doesn't it get tiring always having to hope that the guys we sign turn out to be something that at present they're not?

It'd be refreshing for once to simply hope that they keep doing what they have been doing. Instead, with every signing there has to be an "explanation" and symposium on why the players signed are better than they appear.

ICE74129
03-19-2006, 09:19 PM
Night I agree with you..

I have NO PROBLEM with someone disagreeing when I make a point; neither myself nor anyone for that matter always turns out to be right.

But i think its fair to suggest countering a point or post with an actual THOUGHT of your own; not crying to the mods because a Bills fan doesnt like what they are reading.

To the best of my knowledge, this is Buffalo Billszone.com..A place to talk Buffalo Bills footballl from YOUR perspective.. Not "marv levy bandwagon.com"

There are people on here who if I didnt know better I'd SWEAR they worked for Scott Berchtold over at OBD.. Their comments are nothing more than what you would read from an official Bills press release. and GOD forbid you buck a Buffalo Bills press release post and voice your displeasure on the direction of the team.

I welcome insight, whether I agree with it or not..

It's never been your opinion many here have complained to the mods about. It's your spam. We got your point in the first 5000 posts.

ShadowHawk7
03-19-2006, 10:39 PM
where am i?

AndreReed83
03-20-2006, 12:35 AM
The thing I have found about rep is that when you are negatively repped for your opinions, usually 75% of the time it's because you said something someone didn't like, but they couldn't think of something intelligent to counteract it with. Like my posts about Chris Hope and his comments towards Miami. The negs I received weren't towards my opinion, but rather they were towards my being a Bills fan or insults toward me personally.

In essence, repping doesn't mean anything and try not to let it deter you from enjoying the best Bills site on the web. :up:

Night Train
03-20-2006, 06:11 AM

:bf1: Why even have the feature ? It's being completely abused and discourages posting.

kgun12
03-20-2006, 06:25 AM
Doesn't it get tiring always having to hope that the guys we sign turn out to be something that at present they're not?

It'd be refreshing for once to simply hope that they keep doing what they have been doing. Instead, with every signing there has to be an "explanation" and symposium on why the players signed are better than they appear.

Yes it is very tiring. We sit he year after year like kids at Xmas hoping for the great gift that never come. If I was a poor kid, the left overs would be a welcomed sight, as a rich kid I want prime rib, bbut all we get is leftovers. Yes it's getting very old!

jmb1099
03-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Its not that people don't want to hear an opposing view, or even discuss it. But thread after thread of negativity on the same topic picked apart from a million different angles only brings about frustration as does I suppose repeated approval of each and every decision. If you've read my posts I am more on the hopeful side, but that doesn't mean that I'm looking at this with blinders on either. But it seems to me that there are some here who want to ruin any good feeling about anything anyone might have, my question is for what purpose? No offense to anyone here because I don't know any of you personally (which is a shame by the way), but we all heard how miserable some of you were about fa the first 500 times you posted it. I'm all for reality, but doom and gloom every time we do or don't sign someone is just too much. And while we're on the suject of reality lets all be real about something else: We all are nothing more than armchair gm's at this point. We don't have the information Marv has, have the conversations he does, the best we get to do is speculate and that is ok so long as we don't get personal about it. Marv has been gm for just a short while now, it could very well be he is out of touch and in over his head. But as of right now he has more experience being gm than the rest of us combined which isn't much, but before we continue beating each other up on the boards, maybe we should see what happens and what the gameplan really is because at the end of the day, none of us really knows.

kgun12
03-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Its not that people don't want to hear an opposing view, or even discuss it. But thread after thread of negativity on the same topic picked apart from a million different angles only brings about frustration as does I suppose repeated approval of each and every decision. If you've read my posts I am more on the hopeful side, but that doesn't mean that I'm looking at this with blinders on either. But it seems to me that there are some here who want to ruin any good feeling about anything anyone might have, my question is for what purpose? No offense to anyone here because I don't know any of you personally (which is a shame by the way), but we all heard how miserable some of you were about fa the first 500 times you posted it. I'm all for reality, but doom and gloom every time we do or don't sign someone is just too much. And while we're on the suject of reality lets all be real about something else: We all are nothing more than armchair gm's at this point. We don't have the information Marv has, have the conversations he does, the best we get to do is speculate and that is ok so long as we don't get personal about it. Marv has been gm for just a short while now, it could very well be he is out of touch and in over his head. But as of right now he has more experience being gm than the rest of us combined which isn't much, but before we continue beating each other up on the boards, maybe we should see what happens and what the gameplan really is because at the end of the day, none of us really knows.

If you care to look ICE starts a lot of them, and we respond, I think that is what the board is for.

So what would you like to talk about during the FA period. Start a thread on it I'm sure most of us would love to discuss it, that why were here!

Gunzlingr
03-20-2006, 10:36 AM
I think jmb1099 hit the nail on the head. People get tired of the same crap in post after post after post. We know some people aren't happy with the way free agency has gone so far, but do we need 50 threads about the same thing? People ragged on Ice for beating a deadhorse when it comes to Eric Moulds, and he got the crap negged out of him because he wouldn't shut his pie hole about it. Some of you are doing the same thing, then complaining about getting negged.

All opinions are welcomed, but when you repeat it in every post, it pisses off other people. If I started a thread claiming the greatgness of Marv's selections thus far (which I am no way claiming, I am on the fence), and every post there after reitterated the same thing, I would expect to get negged.

If you are whining about getting negged for beating a deadhorse, try a fresh spin on things, or at least come up a rant that isn't SSDD.