• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

"Rebuilding"

This is from a different thread.. I thought it was most DEFINITELY worth its OWN thread...

This is not an opinion, it's a FACT that is directed towards ANYBODY who buys into (year after year) about the most over-used and over-rated word in football.. "Rebuilding"

Re: What is the goal of free agency?

* Miami went from 4 wins to 9 in ONE year last year.

* Chicago was 5-11 in 2004 and went 11-5 and made the playoffs one year later.

* Washington was 6-10 in 2004 and went 10-6 and made the playoffs one year later.

* The Giants went 6-10 in 2004 and went 11-5 and made the playoffs one year later.

* Tampa Bay went 5-11 in 2004 and went 11-5 and made the playoffs one year later.

That's not one example.. thats FIVE.

Now, can we for the LOVE of GOD, please stop having to endure this "rebuilding" crap..

Win... NOW.. It was done last year.. by FIVE different teams.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: "Rebuilding"

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    This is from a different thread.. I thought it was most DEFINITELY worth its OWN thread...

This is not an opinion, it's a FACT that is directed towards ANYBODY who buys into (year after year) about the most over-used and over-rated word in football.. "Rebuilding"

* Washington was 6-10 in 2004 and went 10-6 and made the playoffs one year later.

* The Giants went 6-10 in 2004 and went 11-5 and made the playoffs one year later.

* Tampa Bay went 5-11 in 2004 and went 11-5 and made the playoffs one year later.

Now, can we for the LOVE of GOD, please stop having to endure this "rebuilding" crap..

I hear ya, it has been done by many teams in the past, but it isn't the approach the Bills are taking...whether you like or not. Yes, it can be aggravating, but there is nothing you can do about it. I'm actually starting to believe that Marv is doing the things he's doing to aggravate you...j/k.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk
      I hear ya, it has been done by many teams in the past, but it isn't the approach the Bills are taking...whether you like or not. Yes, it can be aggravating, but there is nothing you can do about it. I'm actually starting to believe that Marv is doing the things he's doing to aggravate you...j/k.
      you have to question the wisdom of "building for the future" in the age of FA and salary caps though. It's very difficult to keep a team together for more than 2-3 years before FA and the cap get in the way. So far, NE, and to a lesser extent Indy, are the only teams that have done it effectively.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jersey1031
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk

It's the baggage that comes with being a Bills fan..I still love them!
        "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

So what's the bills record this season? Oh wait , it hasn't even started .
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
            So what's the bills record this season? Oh wait , it hasn't even started .
            are you sure...cause from the tone of some of the posts, I could swear we went 0-16
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              you have to question the wisdom of "building for the future" in the age of FA and salary caps though. It's very difficult to keep a team together for more than 2-3 years before FA and the cap get in the way. So far, NE, and to a lesser extent Indy, are the only teams that have done it effectively.
              yep, I agree. I didn't say I agree with the way Marv is doing it, but it is what it is.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

2-14 because we'll beat Miami.. twice (just for you Bing)

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

2-14 because we'll beat Miami.. twice (just for you Bing)

that's easily achieved by putting in our 2nd and 3rd string D. We all know how Moolarkey reacts against them.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

I hope we beat Miami on a two-yard pass from JP to Shelton on the last play of the game.

Mularkey will NEVER see that coming... BTW.. Off the topic, but when did you become CERTAIN that Mularkey was a bum coach?

For me it was his first year, week three at Miami.(pretty sure it was week three). When Henry threw the half-back option pass.. in the RED ZONE.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

I hope we beat Miami on a two-yard pass from JP to Shelton on the last play of the game.

Mularkey will NEVER see that coming... BTW.. Off the topic, but when did you become CERTAIN that Mularkey was a bum coach?

For me it was his first year, week three at Miami.(pretty sure it was week three). When Henry threw the half-back option pass.. in the RED ZONE.
                      I think I became certain Mularkey was a bum coach when he turned that bum Kordell Stewart into a pro-bowler. I hate the squealers.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                        • Mar 2004

When Henry threw the half-back option pass.. in the RED ZONE.
                        Picked off by Pat Surtain on the 2-3 yard line.

Even though no one will agree or hope the same thing on this board, but hopefully Mularkey has gotten all of those boneheaded plays out of his system if not:
                        1.) us Phins fans who don't get tired of bashing Wanny, can have someone new to be our scapegoat
                        2.)Bills will instantly have 2 wins
                        Win win for all right, lol

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

Rebuilding for the future, when done successfully, will keep your team competitive longer. Those teams you've named, they'll be back in the dumps as qucikly as they came on.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                            • May 2003

Especially the Dolphins.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Drive 4 Five
                              Rebuilding for the future, when done successfully, will keep your team competitive longer. Those teams you've named, they'll be back in the dumps as qucikly as they came on.
                              Meanwhile we're sitting in the dumps now for the better part of 6 seasons with no light at the end of the tunnel. But I guess that's fine right? We've just been rebuilding the proper way for 6 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X