PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is going on with this team?

OpIv37
03-19-2006, 10:36 AM
So, as those of you who read the TZ know, I was gone for a week and didn't have a chance to keep up with the news. I come back to find out:

- No OL have been signed. Wasn't one of the biggest knocks on TD that he went 4 years without really fixing the OL? We're 9 days into FA and so far have tendered ONE offer to an OL (Wells)? WTF?

- Receivers: Moulds' situation still isn't resolved, we bring in Davis, and give Josh Reed a big contract. Based on what? Reed makes two big plays in a game, then disappears for 4 weeks, makes another big play, disappears for 3 weeks, etc. The guy is totally inconsistent and hasn't ever reached his potential. Plus, as jfreeman pointed out, there are now 9 WR's on the roster.

-DT: We brought in Larry Tripplett but lost Justin Bannan. IMO this is an upgrade, but it still leaves us with only 4 DT's on the roster and only 1 that's capable of starting (with Jefferson getting an incomplete since he hasn't had many opportunities yet).

-TE: Royal brought in. I don't really know anything about him, but I've been *****ing about Euhus, Neufeld and Campbell for ages so I'm glad to see that Levy and Jauron are doing something about this position.

So, to sum up: No changes to the pathetic OL, too many receivers (including Moulds and Reed having contracts that have NOT been justified on the field), not enough starting DT's (and you only need 2- how sad is that?), a moderate upgrade at TE.

This is all they could manage in 8 days? I have to say that before I left, I was moderately encouraged by the amount of cap space we had. Now, it seems like this team is back to the same old garbage.

patmoran2006
03-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Good post.

You must be the guy they are comparing me too lately.. I can see why

The_Philster
03-19-2006, 10:41 AM
They tendered an offer to an up-and-coming G from the Cards

OpIv37
03-19-2006, 10:43 AM
Good post.

You must be the guy they are comparing me too lately.. I can see why

Well everyone here loves this team. Unfortunately some people have an ostrich syndrome when it comes to the team's problems.

Nighthawk
03-19-2006, 10:43 AM
So, as those of you who read the TZ know, I was gone for a week and didn't have a chance to keep up with the news. I come back to find out:

- No OL have been signed. Wasn't one of the biggest knocks on TD that he went 4 years without really fixing the OL? We're 9 days into FA and so far have tendered ONE offer to an OL (Wells)? WTF?

- Receivers: Moulds' situation still isn't resolved, we bring in Davis, and give Josh Reed a big contract. Based on what? Reed makes two big plays in a game, then disappears for 4 weeks, makes another big play, disappears for 3 weeks, etc. The guy is totally inconsistent and hasn't ever reached his potential. Plus, as jfreeman pointed out, there are now 9 WR's on the roster.

-DT: We brought in Larry Tripplett but lost Justin Bannan. IMO this is an upgrade, but it still leaves us with only 4 DT's on the roster and only 1 that's capable of starting (with Jefferson getting an incomplete since he hasn't had many opportunities yet).

-TE: Royal brought in. I don't really know anything about him, but I've been *****ing about Euhus, Neufeld and Campbell for ages so I'm glad to see that Levy and Jauron are doing something about this position.

So, to sum up: No changes to the pathetic OL, too many receivers (including Moulds and Reed having contracts that have NOT been justified on the field), not enough starting DT's (and you only need 2- how sad is that?), a moderate upgrade at TE.

This is all they could manage in 8 days? I have to say that before I left, I was moderately encouraged by the amount of cap space we had. Now, it seems like this team is back to the same old garbage.

It definitely hasn't gone the way I would've hoped. Good point about Jefferson, I totally forgot about him, but he looked better than Anderson in the little playing time he did get. Let's keep our fingers crossed that we get some OL help because we need it!

OpIv37
03-19-2006, 10:45 AM

Right- Wells- I mentioned that in my initial post.

kgun12

They also knew ther wasn't a chance in hell to get him unless the did what the Viks did with Hutch. The Cards said they would match just about any offer. So why waste our time on Wells. Having said that I hope they were bluffing cause he would be a REAL upgrade!

patmoran2006
How Ironic is that.. WE can no longer even one-up the Arizona Cardinals for a player we want.

Mr. Pink
03-19-2006, 10:46 AM

Yes they tendered a contract to a good young player they never had any chance of getting. If that's the case why didn't they just bring in Bentley, Shaffer, etc. for interviews? At least that way some of us nay-sayers might actually be sitting here believing that hell, they actually tried to bring in someone of talent to help on the O-line.

Instead we are sitting here right now with a line that works worse today than it did 3 months ago and oddly enough, the offseason still has a long way to go before being finished but most of the good free agents are gone within the first few days.

Dr. Lecter
03-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Robert Royal is an upgrade to the O-line.

They tendered Wells and have had Neal in for a visit.

FA is a week old.

Moulds does not have to be cut until the Bills need the room. I see no reason to cut him until then.

Other than that, this FA is not real deep inthe O-line and this team is NOT filling of the holes in one off season.

feelthepain
03-19-2006, 11:13 AM

And to maker matters worse, the Fins trade for Daunte Culpepper!!!

kgun12
03-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Other than that, this FA is not real deep inthe O-line and this team is NOT filling of the holes in one off season.

And we haven't sniffed the playoffs with this thinking in 6 years. If we fix the hole when it's small you don't have to try to replace the whole dam went it's completely broke. Our line sucks cause every year we bring in crap to try to fix it. As for this not being a deep year for FA Oline, maybe if we didn't spend 2 million on a blocking TE and combined that with some real money we could have had one of the better olinemen. Just a thought! Why do the early 07 draft sites have us picking #1 overall next year already? I bet it isn't because of our great FA offseason!

TacklingDummy
03-19-2006, 11:21 AM
How Ironic is that.. WE can no longer even one-up the Arizona Cardinals for a player we want.

Arizona's future looks bright. They have talent and cap room.