PDA

View Full Version : This is why we need to hold on to Moulds

camelcowboy
03-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Patriots WR woes
With the departure of David Givens last week to Tennessee, New England has just two receivers on the roster. One is star Deion Branch. The other is Bethel Johnson, who has spent most of the past two years in coach Bill Belichick's doghouse. The Pats were interested in free agents Joe Jurevicius and Brian Finneran but made low-ball offers to both and they signed elsewhere. This is a thin year for receivers in the draft.
Word in New England is the Pats are hoping the Bills release Eric Moulds. Buffalo's re-signing of Josh Reed makes that appear even more likely. Expect Philadelphia and Denver to be in line for Moulds, too.
Givens got $24 million and an $8 million bonus from the Titans. The Pats were offering him $17.5 million and a $5.5 million bonus. Givens' deal will pay him an average of $4.8 million a year. The entire New England receiving corps played last season for less than that. Givens, Branch, Troy Brown, Tim Dwight, Johnson and Andre' Davis combined last year to make $4.35 million.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060319/1019801.asp

The bills should hold moulds till the draft and they will get something for him. Now that owens is off the Market. Moulds does have value, and we will get something for him :up:

Jersey1031
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Yea we better rework, or try to move him as oppose to dropping him definitley. Because it will come back to bite us in our butts if he goes to NE...

Mr. Pink
03-19-2006, 02:37 PM
Patriots WR woes
With the departure of David Givens last week to Tennessee, New England has just two receivers on the roster. One is star Deion Branch. The other is Bethel Johnson, who has spent most of the past two years in coach Bill Belichick's doghouse. The Pats were interested in free agents Joe Jurevicius and Brian Finneran but made low-ball offers to both and they signed elsewhere. This is a thin year for receivers in the draft.
Word in New England is the Pats are hoping the Bills release Eric Moulds. Buffalo's re-signing of Josh Reed makes that appear even more likely. Expect Philadelphia and Denver to be in line for Moulds, too.
Givens got $24 million and an $8 million bonus from the Titans. The Pats were offering him $17.5 million and a $5.5 million bonus. Givens' deal will pay him an average of $4.8 million a year. The entire New England receiving corps played last season for less than that. Givens, Branch, Troy Brown, Tim Dwight, Johnson and Andre' Davis combined last year to make $4.35 million.

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060319/1019801.asp

The bills should hold moulds till the draft and they will get something for him. Now that owens is off the Market. Moulds does have value, and we will get something for him :up:

By the way if memory serves me correct Troy Brown is still a Patriot, so that's 3. It's wishful thinking that the Pats or any other team would realistically look at trading for Moulds when in fact most teams realize he's a disgruntled player who's being basically held up by his organization, which in essence negates any trade value that he has or had. If the Patsies were that desperate for trading for a WR why not just offer a 5th round pick to Philly for TO a month ago? Belichick has proven he can handle players thought of as clubhouse cancers, ie Corey Dillon.

The Pats aren't the only team who could use the services of Eric Moulds but yet we've heard nothing about any team expressing any interest in trading for his services? Could be the Bills asking price is too high, could be they want no part of restructing his deal considering he's said no twice to the Bills in efforts of restructuring.

Whatever the case, at this point it's obvious for everyone to see, that Eric has no trade value and/or no trade interest. It's pretty much basically time to cut your losses, gain an extra 5.5 million on the cap and go on your merry way.

However, I feel if the Bills were to cut Moulds now they'll have too much public backlash when they don't go out and use the 5.5 million to spend on guys who could be immediate contributors on this team, so they'll keep him til June 1st then cut him when there isn't really anything available...certainly not as much as now or a week ago so fans won't complain when we have 5.5 million sitting there with no one to spend it on. Then we can be all sold on the fact that they have ALL this money to go out in FA next year and be a major player.

Drive 4 Five
03-19-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah I could seriously see Owens playing for a team like New England. Get real. Owens is in a class of a**hole all by himself. I think he is crazy. As in mentally disturbed?

If Eric Moulds ends up with New England, we are f**ked. I mean seriously f**ked. Then we're all going to see how washed up he really is with Brady throwing to him.

Goobylal
03-19-2006, 05:36 PM
There are better teams for Moulds than the Pats. If they lowballed Jurevicius and Finneran and THEY spurned the Pats, you think Moulds will take their lowball offer for a sinking ship team?

The_Philster
03-19-2006, 05:39 PM
There are better teams for Moulds than the Pats. If they lowballed Jurevicius and Finneran and THEY spurned the Pats, you think Moulds will take their lowball offer for a sinking ship team?
to get back at the Bills? No..never happen

Ickybaluky
03-19-2006, 05:40 PM
By the way if memory serves me correct Troy Brown is still a Patriot, so that's 3.

Brown is a free agent and hasn't signed anywhere yet.

Bill Brasky
03-19-2006, 08:04 PM
I am hoping that they will trade him to Denver for maybe a pick or one of their linemen, eventhough I'd love to keep him. The WR situation isn't as good as many think. Outside of Evans the Bills have no proven commodity, and certainly don't have a lethal pass-catching TE.

ICE74129
03-19-2006, 08:28 PM
I am hoping that they will trade him to Denver for maybe a pick or one of their linemen, eventhough I'd love to keep him. The WR situation isn't as good as many think. Outside of Evans the Bills have no proven commodity, and certainly don't have a lethal pass-catching TE.

But your buddy Pat says there is no way in hell they trade for moulds. Although they could give us #29 for him and trade #22 for a 2nd round pick this year and another pick next year and still afford moulds and have cap room to draft.

Bill Brasky
03-19-2006, 09:29 PM
But your buddy Pat says there is no way in hell they trade for moulds. Although they could give us #29 for him and trade #22 for a 2nd round pick this year and another pick next year and still afford moulds and have cap room to draft.

Who said we are buddies? Just because I happen to agree with him every now and then doesn't mean we are friends I don't even know the guy. I agree with you some of the time as well, though that seems to be few and far between recently.

I don't see Denver giving Buffalo #29 for Moulds even if a trade does happen. They'd be lucky to get a second rounder for him.

Like I said, I'd like to see them get a good Lineman out of the deal... or maybe a WR and a draft pick.

Honestly, I don't see it happening. Denver already has an aging WR and another solid one in Lelie, which is why I don't see a trade going down, though I wouldn't mind it.

G. Host
03-19-2006, 09:36 PM
The Pats aren't the only team who could use the services of Eric Moulds but yet we've heard nothing about any team expressing any interest in trading for his services? Could be the Bills asking price is too high, could be they want no part of restructing his deal considering he's said no twice to the Bills in efforts of restructuring.

Whatever the case, at this point it's obvious for everyone to see, that Eric has no trade value and/or no trade interest. It's pretty much basically time to cut your losses, gain an extra 5.5 million on the cap and go on your merry way.

Moulds has trade value because if a team trades for Moulds he has to play for them (Moulds is not about to sit out of game) and has leverage on any new deal. They could make him play his contract or negotiate a new one wrapping it around the old one.

And Mould appears to be interested in any team in which the QB can get him the ball which certainly would include Denver and Patriots. Whether Bills would be willing to trade to a division rival is a different question.

Marvelous
03-19-2006, 09:48 PM
I don't know how to handle that. I think he is bitter enough to go to NE! Tom freakin Brady! I can see that happening.. I wish he had common sense to know the bridge he will burn in in Buff after he retires if he sells out like that... I still don't view Thurman the same way.. SURE, i had it worse because i lived in South FL. and my friends that are Phin Gans all bought Thurman jerseys and made me Thurman cards,and got 8x10's ETC...Moulds has been my favorite player of the team post superbowls era. It would D-E-V-A-S-T-A-T-E me if he goes in the division....I wanna be able to cheer for him and kinda follow the team he goes to. NE fans are gonna rub it in our faces SOOOOO bad. Because we know he will be awesome with Tom Brady..... :cry:

Drive 4 Five
03-19-2006, 09:49 PM

I don't know. Moulds just does not seem to be a good fit for Denver. I don't see it happening. I think the best place for Moulds is in Buffalo. I agree 100% that our receiving corp is weak without him.

G. Host
03-19-2006, 09:58 PM
From what I heard from Denver fans (I work with a lot of people in Colorado and from there) Denver has a completely opposite opinion regarding Moulds as they did TO. They (mostly those who those players talk to) have been saying Moulds is the final piece to another Superbowl run for Denver and they are just hoping that Bills trade him to Denver so Eagles can not get him.

camelcowboy
03-19-2006, 10:02 PM
From what I heard from Denver fans (I work with a lot of people in Colorado and from there) Denver has a completely opposite opinion regarding Moulds as they did TO. They (mostly those who those players talk to) have been saying Moulds is the final piece to another Superbowl run for Denver and they are just hoping that Bills trade him to Denver so Eagles can not get him.

That could explain why the bills are in a holding pattern regarding releasing him.

Bill Cody
03-19-2006, 10:06 PM
You guys with the trades for a 1st or 2nd rounder for Moulds need to put down the Madden remote. Do you think if Marv had been offered ANYTHING for Moulds he'd still be here? Does anyone think an NFL team would trade for a guy they KNOW is going to be cut when doing so means you have to pay him a 6m salary this year and a 7+m salary next year?:crap:

Drive 4 Five
03-19-2006, 10:15 PM

That's because they are fans. Fans being the key word here. Moulds has not the experience to supplant Smith and there is no way he is going to play second option to anyone.

Marvelous
03-19-2006, 10:17 PM
I don't know how to handle that. I think he is bitter enough to go to NE! Tom freakin Brady! I can see that happening.. I wish he had common sense to know the bridge he will burn in in Buff after he retires if he sells out like that... I still don't view Thurman the same way.. SURE, i had it worse because i lived in South FL. and my friends that are Phin Gans all bought Thurman jerseys and made me Thurman cards,and got 8x10's ETC...Moulds has been my favorite player of the team post superbowls era. It would D-E-V-A-S-T-A-T-E me if he goes in the division....I wanna be able to cheer for him and kinda follow the team he goes to. NE fans are gonna rub it in our faces SOOOOO bad. Because we know he will be awesome with Tom Brady..... :cry:

Thanks for the pos rep guys. :):):) GO BILLS!! In Marv we trust!!