Something that gets me about that Center Bentley.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Something that gets me about that Center Bentley.

Everyone is griping about not signing him. Ok so...he was New Orleans Center right? Didn't they do WORSE than us this year?

'But ICE....he was a great center on a bad TEAM'. Exactly. And if he came here right now, he would be a great center on a bad team.

Apperantly having bentley didn't do much for the Saints now did it?

So taking up about 43% of your available cap room on ONE player, regardless of how good he is, isn't a good thing? Hummmmm....
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Something that gets me about that Center Bentley.

that team had no defense and half the offense was injured all year, including McAllister.

That is like taking Willis the of our lineup last year, and the Bills QB situation was even worse than NO's.

Bentley could have helped this team tremendously. He can play G or C, which would have given the Bills more leeway to work on targeting more linemen, or maybe shuffeling a few guys around.

Not to mention, he could have been a building block. He would have been a good guy to rebuild a line around, and would have given the FO one less position to worry about.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
      that team had no defense and half the offense was injured all year, including McAllister.

And we had no defense either

That is like taking Willis the of our lineup last year, and the Bills QB situation was even worse than NO's.

Bentley could have helped this team tremendously. He can play G or C, which would have given the Bills more leeway to work on targeting more linemen, or maybe shuffeling a few guys around.

Bentley said he would never play guard. It was center or nothing

Not to mention, he could have been a building block. He would have been a good guy to rebuild a line around, and would have given the FO one less position to worry about.
      Again Bentley on the Saints = a worse record than we had. One player won't do it esp when he eats up 43% of your available cap. You cant' win this arguement. It's simple fact, when you have several needs you don't overpay for one or two names. You always fail. Cleveland had more than enough cap room for him and more. If we went into this season with 28-35 mill in cap room, you can bet Marv would have been on the phone with hutchenson or the tackle from Atlanta and or Bentley.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

So what your saying is, we should sign a bad center from a bad team? How we gonna get better if the Bills don't sign better talent?

Comment

• Bling
          • Jul 2004

You do realize you just admitted to having a defeatist attitude. Instead of trying to succeed, you'd rather Ralph Wilson keep his money to go buy himself some more hoes.

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            So what your saying is, we should sign a bad center from a bad team? How we gonna get better if the Bills don't sign better talent?
            What did bentley do for a bad team? Nothing. Guess what? We're a bad team. Build up the team over two offseasons with mid tier guys and FA's THEN sign a guy like Bentley that can help be the difference between making the playoffs or not. We arent' there yet.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

"Build up the team over two off-seasons"

Weve been building for the past freaking seven seasons. Its time to produce results.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

And we will never get there signing has beens like Andre Davis, Robert Royal.

Teams are built thru the draft, FA is to plug holes.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Weve been building for the past freaking seven seasons. Its time to produce results.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer

MARV hasn't been building over 7 seasons. Barely over 7 days...

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Lets see, NEW GM (New being the operative word) is taking over a team that tom donahoe built. That team went 31-49 over 5 years. That is about 6-10 on average.

So Marv is taking over a really crappy team. He can't help the fact TD screwed us royally trying to sign aging NAME players. Tons of cap room making signings that appeased the fans.

Oh wait, you mean the same types of signings that the fans are *****ing and whining we arent' making now. Huh? Interesting. Marv isn't repeating Tom Donahoe's mistakes? What a concept!

How about we give marv a full offseason or two. He understand the fans are tired of the last 6 years of futility, but the man can only do so much about it...esp only in free agency for barely over a week.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        And we will never get there signing has beens like Andre Davis, Robert Royal.

Teams are built thru the draft, FA is to plug holes.
                        Yeah the team really got there signing TKO, Adams, Posey, Milloy, Vincent, Etc right? I think doing it that way got us a 31-49 record. How about we let marv do it the RIGHT way.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Again Bentley on the Saints = a worse record than we had. One player won't do it esp when he eats up 43% of your available cap. You cant' win this arguement. It's simple fact, when you have several needs you don't overpay for one or two names. You always fail. Cleveland had more than enough cap room for him and more. If we went into this season with 28-35 mill in cap room, you can bet Marv would have been on the phone with hutchenson or the tackle from Atlanta and or Bentley.
                          So you are saying Bentley did nothing for a bad team? How many Saints games did you watch last year other than the Bills one?

That is like saying Takeo Spikes did nothing for a bad team this past season, or before that, either. Neither did Nate Clements, but the Bills had enough to franchise him.

Willis did nothing for a bad team last year as well. As did Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, Lawyer Milloy, or Troy Vincent.

Stop saying the Bills didn't or don't have cap room. They shelled out huge money for a backup TE and a WR who won't go past 3rd on the depth chart. They signed 2 useless guys when they could've used the money to sign one of the best OL in the game.

And since you seem to think you can tell people what they are and aren't capable of... you need to stop using the word "we" when referencing the Bills... you don't work for the Bills.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            So you are saying Bentley did nothing for a bad team? How many Saints games did you watch last year other than the Bills one?

That is like saying Takeo Spikes did nothing for a bad team this past season, or before that, either. Neither did Nate Clements, but the Bills had enough to franchise him.

Willis did nothing for a bad team last year as well. As did Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, Lawyer Milloy, or Troy Vincent.

Stop saying the Bills didn't or don't have cap room. They shelled out huge money for a backup TE and a WR who won't go past 3rd on the depth chart. They signed 2 useless guys when they could've used the money to sign one of the best OL in the game.

And since you seem to think you can tell people what they are and aren't capable of... you need to stop using the word "we" when referencing the Bills... you don't work for the Bills.
                            WE don't have enough cap room. (I will say WE when I damn well please). WE can't afford a 6 mill cap hit when WE only have 14 mill to spend.

Marv is doing it right.

As for as your comments about TKO helping blah blah blah....31-49 over 5 years and no playoffs. So apperantly they didn't help that much huh? You guys ***** about how we are such a bad team, well they were part of it right?

Bottom line the TEAM needs an upgrade. That means filling many holes. Overspending for a couple name players is NOT the way to make the TEAM better.

WE understand that.

Comment

• That Guy
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Everyone is griping about not signing him. Ok so...he was New Orleans Center right? Didn't they do WORSE than us this year?

'But ICE....he was a great center on a bad TEAM'. Exactly. And if he came here right now, he would be a great center on a bad team.

Apperantly having bentley didn't do much for the Saints now did it?
                              Wow. That might be the worst logic in the history of thinking.

Comment

Working...
                              X