PDA

View Full Version : Why Moulds has trade value.

ICE74129
03-19-2006, 08:35 PM
For the very reason Miami went with Cullpepper instead of Brees...a bidding war.

Lets talk about the REAL reason Miami took Pep instead of brees. They knew Pep would redo his contract to come down there. With Brees they were in a bidding war with New Orleans that was running over what they wanted to spend.

This horse crap about money spent vs risk with thier injuries is pure crap. I have had a torn labrum and was competing at full strength in 3 months. Brees starts throwing next month, 3 full months before Camp starts. Pep wont' play until October. Again, pure crap. New Orleans was running the price up and paying Brees the 6 year 60 mill contract he wanted, Miami said no thanks.

This is why Moulds can and most likely will be traded on draft day. We cut him he has 5 teams running up his price in a bidding war. You trade for him and you are the only guy negotiating with him. Fair market is about 4.5 mill per. He makes 6 mill this year, 7 next year. Add a 3rd year and make it a 3 year 14 mill deal and he is very affordable.

The other thing is if we trade him to denver who has two firsts, he will be more than willing to restructure to play for a contender.

gr8slayer
03-19-2006, 08:44 PM
Moulds at his age has very limited trade value.

Bling
03-19-2006, 08:47 PM
You're now some expert on labrum? There's a reason no one touched him.

As for Moulds, no one is going to trade him when they know he'll be cut sooner or later.

ICE74129
03-19-2006, 09:16 PM

As for Moulds, no one is going to trade him when they know he'll be cut sooner or later.

Yeah I am an expert on several Orthopedic surgeries unfortunately. and yes Brees will be fine. As for as anyone touching him, Miami came to see him and took him to breakfast day one of FA. Day 2 he was on the plane to New Orleans. Day 3 back to Miami etc. The guy had two guys who he liked bidding for his services.

Drive 4 Five
03-19-2006, 10:47 PM
There's a reason no one touched him.

Whatever loser. You're just sour because Miami had to settle for Culpepper. Randy Moss couldn't stand his ass. What does that say about PEP?

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2006, 11:02 PM
For the very reason Miami went with Cullpepper instead of Brees...a bidding war.

Lets talk about the REAL reason Miami took Pep instead of brees. They knew Pep would redo his contract to come down there. With Brees they were in a bidding war with New Orleans that was running over what they wanted to spend.

This horse crap about money spent vs risk with thier injuries is pure crap. I have had a torn labrum and was competing at full strength in 3 months. Brees starts throwing next month, 3 full months before Camp starts. Pep wont' play until October. Again, pure crap. New Orleans was running the price up and paying Brees the 6 year 60 mill contract he wanted, Miami said no thanks.

This is why Moulds can and most likely will be traded on draft day. We cut him he has 5 teams running up his price in a bidding war. You trade for him and you are the only guy negotiating with him. Fair market is about 4.5 mill per. He makes 6 mill this year, 7 next year. Add a 3rd year and make it a 3 year 14 mill deal and he is very affordable.

The other thing is if we trade him to denver who has two firsts, he will be more than willing to restructure to play for a contender.
ICE, that was a very well thought out and logical analysis. Well done. And I agree with you 100%. :miyagi:

Mr. Miyagi
03-19-2006, 11:03 PM

No, they don't know that Moulds will be cut sooner or later, because we have the cap room and we DON'T have to cut him, sooner OR later.

dplus47
03-19-2006, 11:39 PM
You're now some expert on labrum?

did you expect anything less?

risk vs. reward is a simple economics issue. of course, a team making such a large investment is going to weigh the pros and cons of each player. there's a reason why brees left miami AFTER they traded for daunte, but i'm also sure we'll be hearing an explanation for that which portrays saban in the worst possible light.

Kerr
03-20-2006, 12:14 AM
I hope we can get something in return for him.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Whatever loser. You're just sour because Miami had to settle for Culpepper. Randy Moss couldn't stand his ass. What does that say about PEP?

I bet you Randy Moss coulda stood him last year as he labored on a bum Raiders squad.

LIke him or not, once he's healthy Duante Culpepper at WORST is a top ten QB in the NFL and at best he's a MVP type of football player.. Whats the matter with you?

I hate the Dolphins but he could be the man to get Miami far into the playoffs.

If Levy traded for Culpepper every Bills fan on this board (well almost every) would have already ran to Laux for their Culpepper jerseys.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 10:41 AM

To answer this thread.. At some point I hope you realize that Eric Moulds has no trade value, none.

HE MIGHT have had a tiny bit of trade value, but that was erased after Levy signed Josh Reed and Andre Davis. THere are 31 GM's in this league.. EVEN Matt Millen would know there is ZERO chance Moulds is going to be a Buffalo Bill anymore.

For that REASON alone, they will wait until he's cut whether its today, tommorow, June 1st or September 1st.

Also, going by your theory.. Since LeCharles Bentley was on a BAD team with the saints, why would anybody want him? Moulds has been on a bad team for years. Who's going to pay money for that?

bigbub2352
03-20-2006, 10:44 AM
The only reason i dont see Moulds getting traded is the same reason we want to cut him, his cap hit is too high, Also he is 33 and yes i agree someone would trade for him as per talent left in the tank, current cap hit of 11million would have to be absorbed by someone willing to trade for him, they will just wait till he is cut and bid for him, anyway you look at it he is coming cheaper than 11million, also what do u think we would get for him if we traded him i would say maybe another 3rd

LtBillsFan66
03-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Moulds at his age has very limited trade value.
Add in his salary.