X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

One year ago

So I went back to old threads from a year ago and a little beyound. Here are the page nubers and title of posts.

Who will be the Bills' first FA signing? 03-01-2005, 11:32 AM page 427

Anyone fed up? 03-16-2005, 10:47 PM page 437

Womack a Seahawk 03-13-2005, 09:19 AM page 440

To all the panic stricken- 03-03-2005, 08:40 PM page 453

Not a single visit planned... 03-03-2005, 01:58 PM page 456

I think I've truly lost all hope for this team... 03-03-2005, 08:11 AM page 456

Let's Guess 03-03-2005, 09:42 AM page 456

There is some interesting thread throughout all the pages between 427-460!

Seem the concerns last year were the same as this year. Not signing anyone, then get crap when we do. I think the trend is that we can't sign big name players mainly cause our own won't pony up for the signing bonus!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV
  • AndreReed83
    Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
    • Mar 2004

Re: One year ago

Good finds kgun. I think the main reason I'm not upset about this offseason, is that compared to last offseason, we've done much more to improve the team, with a balance of both talent and character.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
    "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• dplus47
      • Sep 2005

nice work! it's funny how the panic sets in. have you noticed that each offseason seems to feel more urgent than the last one? is it just me? it's like the NFL is a drug and i need more and more of it each year just to get where i was with the last dose...

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by AndreReed83
        Good finds kgun. I think the main reason I'm not upset about this offseason, is that compared to last offseason, we've done much more to improve the team, with a balance of both talent and character.

Andre I will agree with the character part, but as far as the talent I don't. People are saying we can't overpay for talent, yet we spend 2 million on a TE and let several good player at OL/DL visit and low ball them. That 2 million could have gone to Pickett and/or one of the OL FA. S Matt Bowen is a best a good ST player; WR Andre' Davis could be a sleeper and is the 43 WR on the team; TE Robert Royal unneeded signing as well; DT Larry Tripplett worthless as S. Adams unless the bring in a P. Williams type to help him. We should be addressing or should I say we should have addressed the OL/ Dl line already, then sign to fill backup positions! I just hope this week bring us better fortune, however our greatest weakness is already pretty depleted as far as FA go.
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dplus47
          nice work! it's funny how the panic sets in. have you noticed that each offseason seems to feel more urgent than the last one? is it just me? it's like the NFL is a drug and i need more and more of it each year just to get where i was with the last dose...
          The funny part is if you read them the concern last year wasthe OL as it is this year and if I was really froggy I could go back the last 6 years and the threads would all be the same. We need to fix the OL!!! I think it isn't so much panic as it is frustratiion that we have had such a crapping OL for years and we never seem to address it will quality players, just 3rd and 4th tier bums. Funny how every QG from Todd Collins to JP have been so bad, but a team like the Steelers lose the starter T. Maddox come in and has a probowl year, they draft Rothisburger 2 years ago and go out and win the Super Bowl. Why a great OL. Maybe someday we will get it!
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
            • Apr 2005

I think Marv will have an old school approach to this, and I think that is a good thing. IMO, Marv is the kind of guy who will believe in building his team through the draft, and not through high priced FA. People are getting worried bc all the big names are being taken, but when in reality, most of those big names that were available in FA were in positions where we really did not need to go nuts on. Sure, it would have been nice to land a few OL, or a DT, but IMO there was nobody available who was really worth throwing our wallet at. Hopefully patience will pay off.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kgun12
              the Steelers lose the starter T. Maddox come in and has a probowl year, they draft Rothisburger 2 years ago and go out and win the Super Bowl. Why a great OL. Maybe someday we will get it!
              This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Sometimes, all it takes is one guy to make all the difference. "Overspending" for that one key guy can pay more divedends than market value for 500 scrubs to fill "depth".

I'm not saying the Bills are a Super Bowl team, but they were a couple linemen away from a playoff spot. Now, they're an entire line and 1/4 of a defense away from a playoff spot.

When the Bills Front Office (not to mention 45% of the fans) realizes this, the team will be successful. Until then, we get to have a laughing stock of a team to root for.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

well, in a way we did have money invested into the OL. It was just in the form of overpaying a fat, slow, overrated pussy who is no longer with us. I think we've made little attempts to help the lines, just with little success.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

For the last time you cant compare the contracts. Dont you understand yet? The cap went up so player contracts went up. The contracts the Bills signed this year are low for the new salary cap.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                    For the last time you cant compare the contracts. Dont you understand yet? The cap went up so player contracts went up. The contracts the Bills signed this year are low for the new salary cap.
                    Correct and this is why we can't sign the Bentley's, not cause there isn't money, but our owner and to some extend our capaligest Olfordof do not know how to stucture cap friendly contracts!
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Wow, and the difference? A GM with a clue and a better HC.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Wow, and the difference? A GM with a clue and a better HC.
                        ICE I can't remember which one of the threads is was, but you were pretty much saying the same things last as you are this year. We don't have a clue blah blah blah, well my friends it's like Bill Murry's movie groung hog day, except it's a different GM and coach, but the same crap signings!
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Here's the problem....it's different this year. We were at least $15 million UNDER the cap this year. We had lots of money to spend and a bunch of holes. Out of any year, this is the year that we expected to see at least one big signing to help the team. You can't compare it to last year because we had no money last year and needed to scrap together money to get the bums we got last year....Bennie Anderson...
                          Last edited by Michael82; 03-20-2006, 07:38 AM.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                            Here's the problem....it's different this year. We were at least $15 million UNDER the cap this year. We had lots of money to spend and a bunch of wholes. Out of any year, this is the year that we expected to see at least one big signing to help the team. You can't compare it to last year because we had no money last year and needed to scrap together money to get the bums we got last year....Bennie Anderson...

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              Here's the problem....it's different this year. We were at least $15 million UNDER the cap this year. We had lots of money to spend and a bunch of wholes. Out of any year, this is the year that we expected to see at least one big signing to help the team. You can't compare it to last year because we had no money last year and needed to scrap together money to get the bums we got last year....Bennie Anderson...
                              We did have that signing....Tripplet. He was #1 on the Bills DT list according to Marv.

Marv is doing this the right way. I can not wait until I get to throw 'I told ya so' around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X