PDA

View Full Version : Tamba Hali's stock dropping...

mysticsoto
03-20-2006, 08:15 AM
For those of you who like Tamba Hali (ICE, you there?) NFLN reported last week that he was terrible in his Pro Day and that he ran slow as well as was weak in his 225 bench press (barely beating out Cutler - a QB).

Now SI.com is reporting the following:

1. Tamba Hali, DE, Penn State: While the alarm bells are not sounding just yet, Hali weighed 263 pounds on Thursday at Penn State, 12 less than his combine weight. Hali only completed 18 reps on the bench, which will surely raise some red flags.

Mike Mayock from NFLN reported that Tamba likely has pushed himself into the 2nd rd now...

DraftBoy
03-20-2006, 08:21 AM
Could be a steal in rd 2 for us though it may be a reach for him to fall out of top 10 of rd 2.

mysticsoto
03-20-2006, 03:17 PM
Could be a steal in rd 2 for us though it may be a reach for him to fall out of top 10 of rd 2.

I think we'll have to grab a top Guard in the 2nd. Even if Arizona didn't match, and we got Wells...I'd still prefer to get a top Guard to replace Villarial next year...

ParanoidAndroid
03-20-2006, 07:59 PM
I'll take what he did on the field over what he did at his pro day. Was he ill for a little bit, did he spend some time concentrating on endurance over strength? Who knows? If he were to fall to us in the second, I would say take him. He just has "overacheiver" written all over him.

mysticsoto
03-21-2006, 07:59 AM
I'll take what he did on the field over what he did at his pro day. Was he ill for a little bit, did he spend some time concentrating on endurance over strength? Who knows? If he were to fall to us in the second, I would say take him. He just has "overacheiver" written all over him.

I don't care if he was ill or not (which I haven't heard he was)...our Oline is more important and if we miss out on taking a top Guard, our LG position will be open for some Jerman-like loser to have to play it.

In fact, in another thread that talked about possible trades, if we traded down with our 1st to get a lower 1st rd AND another 2nd rd, I might actually consider using both 2nd rounds to get TWO top Guards!!! That's how important it is!!!

Tamba Hali weighs even less than he did before - he reminds me of Erik Flowers. He's too slow at the weight that he would need to be in the NFL to handle linemen, and not strong enough when he's at a lower weight but faster speed...