PDA

View Full Version : our wr corps..

Tatonka
03-20-2006, 08:25 AM
right now.. we have the following wrs that are on the roster...

top 5 CURRENTLY

eric moulds
lee evans
josh reed
andre davis
roscoe parrish

all 5 of those guys are 2nd round picks or better.. now the round your picked in doesnt indicate success, but it does indicate talent. none of those guys are lazy bastards that still has every bit of what it takes to be great players.. i dont care what anyone says.

moulds - he isnt cut yet.. he may see what TO got and realize that he is not worth what he thinks he is and he wont get even what the bills are offering to restructure him to. we shall see.

evans - has shown a good rappor with losman.. looks to be turning into the player he was drafted to be. i expect big things this year.

reed - he had an awful season.. once.. he also battled some injuries.. but last year, he had a good year and made some plays all year.. alot of first downs and some good run blocking support. i dont consider him a bust just because he hasnt lit up the stat sheet. he hasnt really been in position to do that in the last few years. the bills like him alot, thus the contract, and jp likes him alot. that is enough for me.. i am glad he is back.

parrish - shown flashes of "it" in a injury marred rookie year, but from all accounts, he was tearing it up in training camp.

davis - a second round pick in cleveland.. this is the thing that kills me about peoples impression of him... he was successful as the number two guy there w/ quincy morgan (i know, strikes fear into everyone right?). he was there best receiver in alot of games. he had 11 tds over his first two years, but his career in cleveland was marred with injuries that he never really got out of the dog house for. he was a key role player in new england. he had a couple huge punt returns and made a couple key first down catches for brady.. as the 4th wr on a new team w/ a lot of wr talent last season. he is big, fast, and has the talent to be a number 1. i know this player as well as anyone on this board, and i am telling you. he needs to stay healthy. that is all he needs. period.

NOW... we also have some other guys behind them that are intriguing.

sam aiken - he is what he is... but he will compete

george wilson - i thought he deserved a roster spot last season.. he played his butt off.. i like him and if he can force himself on as the number 5-6 wr, then so be it!

fast freddie - i think his days are numbered, but he is quality competition.. not just junk training camp fodder.

i am sorry, but i like what we have.. and if moulds gets let go, then so be it.. that doesnt mean that the rest of our guys are ****.. they all have talent.. they all have the ability to be good wrs and to be starters, either outside or inside.

i just cant follow why everyone is so worried.. because we dont have a proven guy if moulds gets cut??

moulds wasnt proven when he was forced into the number one role was he? all the wrs in the league had questions until the proved something.

mybills
03-20-2006, 08:30 AM
parrish - shown flashes of "it" in a injury marred rookie year, but from all accounts, he was tearing it up in training camp.

Flashes aren't good enough, IMO. I don't like him or his number. :;

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 08:30 AM
moulds - he isnt cut yet.. he may see what TO got and realize that he is not worth what he thinks he is and he wont get even what the bills are offering to restructure him to. we shall see.

. I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded to the Eagles. After the cowpokes signed T.O. ,the eaglets need to keep up with their most hated rival.

mysticsoto
03-20-2006, 08:32 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if he's traded to the Eagles. After the cowpokes signed T.O. ,the eaglets need to keep up with their most hated rival.

That would be great...even if we got a low pick for them to solidify getting him...I'd love another 3rd - I doubt we could get anything higher!

jmb1099
03-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Good insight, good post. This is a make or break year for Reed and I think he is going to finally figure it all out. The problem with Moulds is his chemistry with Losman, he wants out so badly because Losman isn't always going to try to force it to him and he is used to having all the attention. We now have a receiving corps that will as far as I can tell be somewhat dangerous. Now before anyone else says it let me agree with you even before you say it: we need to address the O-line. I hope that we will see this happen this week and believe we will. If Losman has more than a second to throw the ball we will be in really good shape.

Jersey1031
03-20-2006, 08:34 AM

Flashes aren't good enough, IMO. I don't like him or his number. :;

He was a rookie, and was hurt a good portion of the season...

Bill Brasky
03-20-2006, 08:35 AM
Yeah, I'm not concerned with the WR's either considering they have about 20943 of them on the current roster.

mybills
03-20-2006, 08:38 AM
They also praised him for his speed, Finch. I never saw it. His injury was a broken wrist and he didn't use his arms to run.

Tatonka
03-20-2006, 08:43 AM
you never saw his speed? where you watching the games??

well, i know you didnt bother watching the one moulds didnt play in i am sure.

mybills
03-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Let's keep this civil, log did say please & thanks you.

mybills
03-20-2006, 08:46 AM
And no, I don't think fast freddy is all that fast either. Peerless was what I call "fast" when he played for the Bills.

ryjam282
03-20-2006, 08:49 AM
I agree here. I like our WR's, but I would like to see Reed just show what he did at LSU, just once. He was so friggin dominant there I never thought for a minute he wouldn't do some of the same in the NFL. As for Parrish's speed, how could you not see it MyBills? The guy flat out flys. He was so fast on PR's he just doesn't run north/south as much I would like. He tries to use his speed to go east/west to avoid defenders too much.

BidsJr
03-20-2006, 08:54 AM
And no, I don't think fast freddy is all that fast either. Peerless was what I call "fast" when he played for the Bills.

Roscoe has superb quickness. You watch that punt return that he was tackled by the punter and you see both the speed and the quickness.

He was a rookie who missed half of TC and what the first 5-6 games of the season and you want to throw him under the bus for a team that finished 30 something in passing? Playing behind Moulds/Evans?

I want some of what you're smoking.:handball:

mybills
03-20-2006, 08:55 AM
He tries to use his speed to go east/west to avoid defenders too much.

That's it. Sure it's good if you can juke, but you don't score yards & points that way, you get out there straight up the field & now we're talkin' red zone, if not, end zone.

BidsJr
03-20-2006, 08:58 AM
He tries to use his speed to go east/west to avoid defenders too much.

That's it. Sure it's good if you can juke, but you don't score yards & points that way, you get out there straight up the field & now we're talkin' red zone, if not, end zone.

You ever see Dante Hall, Barry Sanders, Steve Smith, Santana Moss.............

Not to put Roscoe in their class yet, but he was a ROOKIE, with very few TOUCHES, on a team that SUCKED passing last year.

lordofgun
03-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Reed has the dropsies. Can't fix that.

Bill Brasky
03-20-2006, 09:03 AM

Sure you can. Marv just needs to inject him with some fine character.

lordofgun
03-20-2006, 09:08 AM
Sure you can. Marv just needs to inject him with some fine character.
LOL

Tatonka
03-20-2006, 09:09 AM

3 drops over the coarse of the season is the dropsies? i guess owens has the superdropsies then.. so does steve smith.. and pretty much every wr in the league.

lordofgun
03-20-2006, 09:11 AM
3 drps? I remember 3 in one game last year.

casdhf
03-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Moulds also has his share of dropped balls

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 09:14 AM
I agree here. I like our WR's, but I would like to see Reed just show what he did at LSU, just once.
He never had the coaching ,OL and qb to ever succeed here.

Mybills, when you get wasted during the tailgate, your vision slows down. Not the players. Parrish is fast.

ryjam282
03-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Mybills, when you get wasted during the tailgate, your vision slows down. Not the players. Parrish is fast.

Now a lot of things regarding his posts are starting to come into perspective. :curtsey:

mybills
03-20-2006, 09:18 AM
Whatev..I like Moss's not jukers.

mybills
03-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Just like I don't like kick returners who go backwards. :D

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 09:19 AM
Now a lot of things regarding his posts are starting to come into perspective. :curtsey:Did you get your Nall jersey yet? I could get it signed for you. The line won't be long for that. :D.

DraftBoy
03-20-2006, 11:57 AM
Just to note what the statistical definition of a dropped pass is and what some fans consider to be drops is probably quite different.