Who will be the 8th pick by Buffalo Hmmm....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Who will be the 8th pick by Buffalo Hmmm....

I have seen mock drafts that have us taking AJ Hawk, Michael Huff, Jay Cutler, Vernon Davis, Brodrick Bunkley, D'Brickshaw Furgeuson and Haloti Ngata Personally i think we will take the boring pick and take Ngata any thoughts on which direction the Bills will go, I also think that it is possible for us to trade out and get more picks since we r obviously in rebuild mode
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • GarnOFreak
    • Aug 2004

Re: Who will be the 8th pick by Buffalo Hmmm....

It would be nice if we could fill our holes and just pick the best available like we used to be able to do first time Marv was here...

I seriously would like us to trade Denver for their two 1st rounders. The trade point value is right for it (nfldraftblitz.com website has a nice points conversion chart that's easy to understand). I mean we could grab a DT and an OL in the first and still have a good 2nd rounder for either S or another OL.

I could really see them picking Bunkley at this point though, he seems to be more of the type of player who would do well in the Cover-2. Ngata would have been nice to pair up with Sam Adams, oh well.
    "Littlest Bill provides biggest punch"
    Niagara Gazette reports: 'Parrish’s return was more about an electric returner scaring the bejeezus out of would-be tacklers than a group of kindergartners feebly chasing a hamster after someone forgot to latch the cage.'

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

If we dont trade down: Which I TRULY think we will now given we need a ton of players and the draft and I also doubt anymore Wilson will even pay a top-ten pick salary and signing bonus..

I can only see us picking one of three people at number eight now.
      1- Haloti Ngata
      2- Broderik Bunkley
      3- Winston Justice

Bowens eliminated the possibility of Huff.... Royal eliminated the possibility of VErnon Davis (which this team will deeply regret should he not go before 8), Nall all-but-eliminated one of the big three QB's going at eight... Reed eliminated the shot at trading down and getting Holmes or Jackson.

I dont see any defensive tackles on the market worth signing that we wouldnt need to take ngata or bunkley.

Outside of Runyan, which I resolved myself to believing Ralph will never put up the money, I dont see us signing a better offensive tackle. why would we? We only have one of the NFL's biggest laughinstocks at the position, not a big deal. We'll just build a new line through the draft so that in 2-3 years they will be better.
      Last edited by patmoran2006; 03-20-2006, 10:19 AM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

If DBrick, Hawk or Williams is there (doubtful) I see the Bills taking one of them.
        If none are available I see them trying to trade down. If they do not trade down I see them going Ngata.

Comment

• bigbub2352
          • Feb 2005

I agree with the fact that we will trade down it almost takes the heat off the new regime and allows us to draft strickly need players instead of best option available, I got a feeling that Vine Young and maybe AJ Hawk will be there i still dont understand how u could pass up Young to much talent, And AJ would walk right in and start see-yah Jeff Do nothing posey, but then all the critiques will be like why didnt u address the lines, It is sad how predictable we have become, Young would also bring some much needed press here and help the credability to the franchise
          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by don137
            If DBrick, Hawk or Williams is there (doubtful) I see the Bills taking one of them.
            If none are available I see them trying to trade down. If they do not trade down I see them going Ngata.
            They are there.. If they try to move up into the top five of the draft.

Thats the only way.

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
              I have seen mock drafts that have us taking AJ Hawk, Michael Huff, Jay Cutler, Vernon Davis, Brodrick Bunkley, D'Brickshaw Furgeuson and Haloti Ngata Personally i think we will take the boring pick and take Ngata any thoughts on which direction the Bills will go, I also think that it is possible for us to trade out and get more picks since we r obviously in rebuild mode
              I really think we will trade out and get more picks there is a few teams that want to move up.....We cant just get 1 player at 8 that will make this team that much better, we need more players and depth..
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                I really think we will trade out and get more picks there is a few teams that want to move up.....We cant just get 1 player at 8 that will make this team that much better, we need more players and depth..
                If there is one thing in the world we dont need and I Hope I never hear again is the word "DEPTH".

We have more "depth" than every team in the NFL

How about some "starters"

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Pick Ngata in Round 1 and an OL in Round 2...and 3...and 3B...and 4...
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                    Pick Ngata in Round 1 and an OL in Round 2...and 3...and 3B...and 4...
                    You expect any quarterback alive to be able to withstand three-four rookies starters on it (the line)?

If thats' the case, maybe we really should trade JP now.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                      • Feb 2005

If we do trade out do u go with one of the more athletic DT with a latter pick or are we stuck drafting best player available, or do we pick strickly for need and pick best player at position available, u might get a shot at marcus Mcneil or Winstrom but i have read alot of bad right ups about McNeil it will be interesting
                      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

If Marv has the gonads to truly start over..

the pick is going to be Cutler or YOung.

Comment

• bigbub2352
                          • Feb 2005

I agree how can we not be starting over everyone he has signed is under 30 and pretty much guys who are on the rise to quote the HOFer, u dont sign guys on the rise if you are loading up for a playoff run, you sign proven players...
                          XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Bmax
                            • Aug 2003

ok call me crazy but the first pick will be OT Eric Winston- Miami....Maybe at 8....I know way too high....plus we need a DT... Just a gut feeling......I wiill submit ..my final mock the week of the draft but right now .. i feel it will be winston....

Bmax

Hey maybe we get him after we trade down...

Comment

• BigGabes23
                              • Mar 2006

If the Biulls take Young or Cutler, expect another 2 years of disgrunteled postins on this site, because they are going to suck, hard core....

Comment

Working...
                              X