PDA

View Full Version : Bills BEST Trade Scenario

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Regarding the draft would be this.

Arizona or Detroit want to move up 1-2 spots to make sure get Cutler or Young, whomever they have on their radar.. Both TEams want a QB and Buffalo picks before them.

We get a first and second from one of these teams. They're happy they get their franchise QB (which the Bills dont have the balls to take)

We trade down 1-2 spots...
Still get Bunkley or Ngata, whichever one is out there, possibly both.
Draft Joseph or Spencer in round two with the pick we got via trade.
DRaft the best safety on the board.

Mr. Pink
03-20-2006, 11:26 AM
No Pat, we're trading Eric Moulds to the Broncos for one of their first rounders, didn't you get that memo? Apparently that's what some of the "homers" would like to BILLieve anyways. :)

bigbub2352
03-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Most likely the only way we make a trade is so that one team can move up a few spots, we get extra 2nd and 5 or something of that kind of scenario, we will never ever get anything earlier than a 4 for Moulds but nobody will trade for him they will wait till we cut him..

mysticsoto
03-20-2006, 12:11 PM

Arizona or Detroit want to move up 1-2 spots to make sure get Cutler or Young, whomever they have on their radar.. Both TEams want a QB and Buffalo picks before them.

We get a first and second from one of these teams. They're happy they get their franchise QB (which the Bills dont have the balls to take)

Someone may also try to trade up to get Vernon Davis with our pick - as he is likely to be there.

Maybe the Rams? If I'm Philly, I'd love to get my hands on him to. They have a decent TE, but he's got nowhere near the speed of Davis!!!

YardRat
03-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Wouldn't it be a hoot if JP and Moulds were packaged, then shipped off to the same team?? :roflmao:

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Wouldn't it be a hoot if JP and Moulds were packaged, then shipped off to the same team?? :roflmao:

lol

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Someone may also try to trade up to get Vernon Davis with our pick - as he is likely to be there.

Maybe the Rams? If I'm Philly, I'd love to get my hands on him to. They have a decent TE, but he's got nowhere near the speed of Davis!!!

I wouldnt be shocked one tiny ounce if SF takes Davis at number six.

Saratoga Slim
03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
It's funny how just a week or so ago we all thought we had the #8 pick narrowed down to Ngata/Huff/Davis/Hawk. Now picking a QB or trading seem like very real possibilities, which throws everything up in the air. Life was so much simpler then.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
My article for Billszone last week suggested Marv was going to go QB.. It's on the front page now still I think.

"Look for Levy to Put end to QB circus". or something like that.

Not claiming to be a fortune-teller or nothing.. Just saying this JP rumor doesnt surprise me.

HAMMER
03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
You guys kill me, it is a rumor. Panties are in a bunch and the dander is up, OVER A RUMOR.

That Guy
03-20-2006, 06:02 PM
You guys kill me, it is a rumor. Panties are in a bunch and the dander is up, OVER A RUMOR.
Nobody seems to be overreacting in this thread. Not sure where this came from.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:09 PM

First off great trade....IF. IF we cut JP and Nall is the guy. Other wise they don't feel we will take a QB and not make a move.

Second, We aren't taking a safety. We have our new starter and backups. Maybe a 4th round guy or 5th or so. but our two starters are in place now and so are the immediate backups.

Go listen to the D coaches interviews last week. The DC says we have our 'QB' in the secondary.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:10 PM

Yeah but hammer I have to say....I feel the smoke is real. I have had this bad feeling since the blue grey game and the Sr Bowl and esp the combine that JP just won't be here.

losman2evans
03-21-2006, 12:34 AM
moulds and losman to atlanta for schaub?

mysticsoto
03-21-2006, 07:47 AM
First off great trade....IF. IF we cut JP and Nall is the guy. Other wise they don't feel we will take a QB and not make a move.

Second, We aren't taking a safety. We have our new starter and backups. Maybe a 4th round guy or 5th or so. but our two starters are in place now and so are the immediate backups.

Go listen to the D coaches interviews last week. The DC says we have our 'QB' in the secondary.

ICE, we seem to be developing a problem here...I'm agreeing with you too much. :D:

Pat, I think the Safety position is not a real hole anymore. I agree with Bunkley/Ngata in the 1st rd (after trading down), Spencer/Joseph in one of our 2nd rounders...but who for our second 2nd rounder? A WR maybe to replace Moulds? Some people might want an OT, but I'm not as uncomfortable with our tackles as some people are. I thought Gandy was decent and Peters was superb. I'd like to switch them and put Peters as LT, but I understand some people have worries on that also. I don't. I feel that the only OTs that might be left for our second 2nd rd pick would be RTs and we are fine at that position.

What I am uncomfortable with is our current WR corps. Once Moulds leaves, I am unsure what Davis will bring to the table and I already know what losers like Reed will bring. Parrish, I think will do fine, but he is small and may be limited.

Here are some possible choices for me for the second 2nd rounder:

1) Top choice of the second 2nd rounder would be Derek Hagan (WR). I like Hagan b'cse has a good blend of speed and height. Martin Nance would be my 2nd choice to add some height to our corp.

2) Davin Joseph/Charles Spencer/Max Jean Gilles (OG) - grab another top guard. Seriously addresses the line and also prepares for Villarial's departure next year! This would be what I call commitment to the line!!!

3) Richard Marshall/Kelly Jennings/ Jonathan Joseph (CB) - Top good candidates for Clements replacement

4) Abdul Hodge/Gerris Wilkerson (ILB) - Fletcher's replacement

5) Jonathan Scott / Daryn Colledge (OT) - Tackles with potential for playing LT.

6) Omar Jacobs (QB) - Personally, I prefer to give JP a *real* chance before I quit on him. But if for some reason Levy sees something he doesn't like in him, this would be the last choice I would have for the second 2nd rd...

I'm actually starting to favor #2 over #1. The more I think about it, the more I think we would do great to get two phenomenal guards and solidify our inside line once and for all!!!