PDA

View Full Version : If we trade J.P.....

BuffaloBillsStampede
03-20-2006, 12:01 PM
In my opinion we better get Cutler because I do not want Vince Young, but what do we do the rest of the draft if we take a quarterback with the first rounder?

Mr. Pink
03-20-2006, 12:12 PM
In my opinion we better get Cutler because I do not want Vince Young, but what do we do the rest of the draft if we take a quarterback with the first rounder?

I say we use one of our two third round selections and take a guy named...

Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green

two seasons ago the dude threw for over 4000 yards completed 68 percent of his passes, threw 41 tds and ONLY and this isn't a typo 4 Ints.

He had a down year last year...out for 2 games, hurt in another...still threw for almost 2500 yards 26 TDs 9 INTS. and lit up wisconsins' D for 450 yards 5 tds 1 int in week 1 of the college football season.

While the rest of you focus on the Cutlers' and Youngs' in this draft, here is the QB I want most to represent my team as the "face of the franchise" for years to come.

TedMock
03-20-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm still skeptical about this rumor being true, but let's say it is. Let's say Cutler and/or Young are sitting there at 8. If forced, I'd rather have Cutler. However, I'm not 100% sold on either.

Would it be a wiser move to try like hell to trade out of that spot, load up the lines, and take a flyer on somebody like Brodie Coyle, Drew Olson, or Bruce Gradkowski a little further down the draft? Maybe in round 4 or 5?

I say this because a QB needs to be a leader, not necessarily the best player on the team. I firmly believe that you win on the lines, and that you can get a somewhat lessor talented QB with a big heart, intelligence, and big balls to lead the team much farther than you can with a great talent at QB, but with no line. I still want the QB to have better than average talent, but they don't necessarily have to be grade 1-A talent. See this year's Superbowl as an example.

TedMock
03-20-2006, 12:15 PM

two seasons ago the dude threw for over 4000 yards completed 68 percent of his passes, threw 41 tds and ONLY and this isn't a typo 4 Ints.

He had a down year last year...out for 2 games, hurt in another...still threw for almost 2500 yards 26 TDs 9 INTS. and lit up wisconsins' D for 450 yards 5 tds 1 int in week 1 of the college football season.

While the rest of you focus on the Cutlers' and Youngs' in this draft, here is the QB I want most to represent my team as the "face of the franchise" for years to come.

You beat me to it. I threw out a couple of different names, but we're thinking the same way on this one. I forgot about Jacobs. Good pick too.

mysticsoto
03-20-2006, 12:17 PM

Yeah, but you have to put that in perspective...didn't Jacobs come from a weak division? Also, I believe Jacobs has that side-winding throw that many coaches hate in the pros.

I'm not bad mouthing this guy - I don't think he is bad. He would appear to have potential, but he's probably the next QB after the top 3 to go and probably won't be there for our 3rd rd pick.

Stewie
03-20-2006, 12:31 PM
What the hell has Cutler ever done that warrants getting picked over Young