PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of Eric Moulds NOW!

Michael82
03-20-2006, 12:05 PM
If he has anything to do with who is the starting Quarterback, he needs to go. He caused problems last year and quit in the middle of a game. Plus he keeps causing problems publicly thru his manager/agent. He needs to go. You can't have your Wide Receiver running the team. That's ****ed up. :ill:

Oh and if you Moulds fans want to neg me....:bringit:

I was a Moulds fan, but he is really starting to approach TO levels. :ill:

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2006, 12:06 PM
To levels?

Based on what? You have no reason to beleive he has anything to do with the RUMORS JP is being shopped.

BAM
03-20-2006, 12:09 PM
People comparing Moulds to TO. Gotta love it. :chuckle:

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 12:09 PM
If he has anything to do with who is the starting Quarterback, he needs to go. He caused problems last year and quit in the middle of a game. Plus he keeps causing problems publicly thru his manager/agent. He needs to go. You can't have your Wide Receiver running the team. That's ****ed up. :ill:

Mikey, how do you know he had anything to do with JP being shopped? Marv only knew Moulds for one season and it isn't like they are lifelong friends or in love. I think it's wrong to point fingers at moulds or anyone for that matter. Marv is the one that's shopping him, point the finger at him.

LtBillsFan66
03-20-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't disagree. It's dragged on for long enough. The two sides can't agree, so cut him.

Michael82
03-20-2006, 12:11 PM
To levels?

Based on what? You have no reason to beleive he has anything to do with the RUMORS JP is being shopped.
I know it's all guessing and totally out of left field, but it's MO.

Come on...he was the reason why JP Losman was benched last year. He was calling out the coach and said that Kelly Holcomb should start. He was also the one who was smiling and telling the press Kelly Holcomb will be the starter that one week, when Mularkey wanted to keep it hush.

Moulds has been having his agent rip the team and spouting off to the media. He's been *****ing about how he shouldn't have to take a paycut and then basically said that if he were cut, he'd take a paycut with another team. :ill:

And now this is coming out about JP being shopped. Everyone knows that he doesnt like JP Losman. They hardly hooked up in camp, and he got mad at him during the season. I think that one poster might be onto something....Marv wants to keep Eric Moulds and asked Eric how he can keep him on the team. I wouldn't be surprised if he suggested that JP Losman was the cancer of the team and to get rid of him.

Michael82
03-20-2006, 12:12 PM
I don't disagree. It's dragged on for long enough. The two sides can't agree, so cut him.
EXACTLY! The fact that they have tried to do a deal for several weeks now and it appears neither of them is willing to budge, it's time to cut the cord.

Philagape
03-20-2006, 12:15 PM
It cannot be disputed that Moulds has always been a me-first player, dating back to the pizza in TC.

Michael82
03-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Mikey, how do you know he had anything to do with JP being shopped? Marv only knew Moulds for one season and it isn't like they are lifelong friends or in love. I think it's wrong to point fingers at moulds or anyone for that matter. Marv is the one that's shopping him, point the finger at him.
Okay, fine....I'll point the finger at him. I hate seeing one of my favorite coaches ruin his rep like this, but he has really pissed me off so far as GM. Signing a bunch of scrubs, instead of going for starters that could have helped our team. Re-signing Josh "dropsie" Reed for over $2 million a year. and now supposedly looking to trade a rookie QB that has only had 9 games of experience and that is not even close to enough time to tell if they are going to be good. i understand he is Donahoe's pick, but it still hurts you big time when you give up on your rookie QB after less than a year of game experience. :ill:

:fit:

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2006, 12:16 PM
But TO levels??

Take a step back and look at the big picture. Has EM called JP a homo? Has he criticized a MVP caliber QB? Has he gone out of his way to rublicize his (and only) his ego and accomplishments? Has he done a press conference with his agent whil doing push-ups?

Moulds in not even TO's league.

Dr. Lecter
I know it's all guessing and totally out of left field, but it's MO.

Now you sound like a Bush supporter.................:bullseye:

Michael82
It cannot be disputed that Moulds has always been a me-first player, dating back to the pizza in TC.
pizza in TC? Huh? What u talking about?

and BTW for any of the Zoners who talk about how he has helped this team soo many times, they are wrong. He has NEVER taken a paycut or done anything with his contract to help his cap numbers. all he did was restructure it and screw our future cap up. :ill:

Michael82
03-20-2006, 12:17 PM
Now you sound like a Bush supporter.................:bullseye:
:scared:

Don't you EVER, EVER call me that again!!!! :mad:

BAM
Not even close, Lecter.

Dr. Lecter
I am fine in getting rid of him.

But he is not TO.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2006, 12:18 PM
:scared:

Don't you EVER, EVER call me that again!!!! :mad:
:D

Philagape
03-20-2006, 12:18 PM

If I remember correctly, when Moulds was a rookie, he ordered a pizza that was delivered right to the field during TC. It was all over the news. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.

Dr. Lecter
03-20-2006, 12:19 PM
No, he did that as a rookie.

Michael82
03-20-2006, 12:21 PM
If I remember correctly, when Moulds was a rookie, he ordered a pizza that was delivered right to the field during TC. It was all over the news. Unless I'm thinking of someone else.
I'm not surprised. :ill:

TacklingDummy
03-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Come on...he was the reason why JP Losman was benched last year.

That is complete B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

Losman was benched last year because he threw for 75 yards in back to back games and looked terrible doing it.

The only reason Losman was benched was because of Losman himself. If he produced or showed signs that he was going to progress into a good QB one day he would never of been benched. PERIOD.

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Okay, fine....I'll point the finger at him. I hate seeing one of my favorite coaches ruin his rep like this, but he has really pissed me off so far as GM. Signing a bunch of scrubs, instead of going for starters that could have helped our team. Re-signing Josh "dropsie" Reed for over $2 million a year. and now supposedly looking to trade a rookie QB that has only had 9 games of experience and that is not even close to enough time to tell if they are going to be good. i understand he is Donahoe's pick, but it still hurts you big time when you give up on your rookie QB after less than a year of game experience. :ill:

:fit:

It won't hurt us if Marv feels that JP is not his starter. Sometimes you have to take a step or two back to go forward. If Marv feels that JP is not in the Bills best interest he is gone. Marv is in charge whether we like it or not and will be for quite sometime.

Lets all remember that Marv helped bring us most of our best years. He really worked well with the guys and made us a real great team. We never were able to finish the job but we were there. After what I have seen for the past 10 years I think we need to give Marv a chance to do his job. Lets see what he puts together and see if he can give this team an identity. Hopefully we will start with a good opponent next season opener and get a gauge as to how we are as a team. This is all about the Bills being a great team, isn't it?

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 12:48 PM

I got 50ZB's that says if JP is traded moulds signs the restructured deal that the Bills have proposed. Any takers?

Michael82
03-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I got 50ZB's that says if JP is traded moulds signs the restructured deal that the Bills have proposed. Any takers?
I have a feeling that you are right. And that annoys the hell out of me that they would make a tough decision like this based on who the WR wants. :ill:

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 12:58 PM
I have a feeling that you are right. And that annoys the hell out of me that they would make a tough decision like this based on who the WR wants. :ill:

If this is the case then you can thank moulds personal buddy...Ralph Wilson

Michael82
03-20-2006, 01:00 PM
If this is the case then you can thank moulds personal buddy...Ralph Wilson
:ill:

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 03:11 PM
Well, you don't remember correctly. It was in college and the whole team was in on ordering the pizzas...Moulds took the fall since he was the star WR at Mississippi State and the coach wouldn't do as much to him as he would a mere benchwarmer. The thing in training camp was totaly different. Thurman Thomas ordered the pizza one of Eric's first days with the team to have a little fun with him about the situation...all good natured between the players. Marv may have even been in on it to an extent.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 03:17 PM

a 33-year old WR on top of that..

I"d be more inclined to worry about what Lee Evans wants.

Michael82
03-20-2006, 03:31 PM
a 33-year old WR on top of that..

I"d be more inclined to worry about what Lee Evans wants.
Exactly!

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 03:39 PM

I'd agree with you.. But with Moulds getting cut, they're still not going to take his cap savings and spend it on anyone of significance, so I dont even care if they keep him or not anymore.

A month ago I'd have driven him the airport myself... Now if they cut him I'm sure Marv will take that money and find a backup long snapper from Chicago or a fourth-rate linebacker from St. Louis.

Dicknoze69
03-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, you don't remember correctly. It was in college and the whole team was in on ordering the pizzas...Moulds took the fall since he was the star WR at Mississippi State and the coach wouldn't do as much to him as he would a mere benchwarmer. The thing in training camp was totaly different. Thurman Thomas ordered the pizza one of Eric's first days with the team to have a little fun with him about the situation...all good natured between the players. Marv may have even been in on it to an extent.

Glad someone pointed out the truth here.

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 03:48 PM

and BTW for any of the Zoners who talk about how he has helped this team soo many times, they are wrong. He has NEVER taken a paycut or done anything with his contract to help his cap numbers. all he did was restructure it and screw our future cap up. :ill: Selective memory .

Flipfloping is no where close to being a Bush supporter. .

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Selective memory .

Flipfloping is no where close to being a Bush supporter. .

When he was a free agent in 2001 and one of the most sought after players on the market, Eric Moulds returned to the Buffalo Bills despite being offered more money by the Minnesota Vikings.

He also restructured his contract two years ago to give Buffalo cap space to sign some players.

he's not holding out or asking for a new deal, he's wants the contract he signed to be honored.

He knows this team is going nowhere.. So as opposed to taking a paycut and playing for a losing team, if he's going to have receieve less money he'd rather be a free agent and go play for a contender.

Love him or hate him, it's hard to fault a guy for that.

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 04:30 PM
When he was a free agent in 2001 and one of the most sought after players on the market, Eric Moulds returned to the Buffalo Bills despite being offered more money by the Minnesota Vikings.

He also restructured his contract two years ago to give Buffalo cap space to sign some players.

he's not holding out or asking for a new deal, he's wants the contract he signed to be honored.

He knows this team is going nowhere.. So as opposed to taking a paycut and playing for a losing team, if he's going to have receieve less money he'd rather be a free agent and go play for a contender.

Love him or hate him, it's hard to fault a guy for that.
I agree. People also forget that he takes new wr's under his wing during off season. Something he doesn't have to.

He tried to keep Price here when Price was hitting FA'cy.

He's also very generous when he donates to the young women of Niagara falls who are into the arts. Some of them are actually working students. Bless his soul. He's a living saint.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 04:39 PM
I agree. People also forget that he takes new wr's under his wing during off season. Something he doesn't have to.

He tried to keep Price here when Price was hitting FA'cy.

He's also very generous when he donates to the young women of Niagara falls who are into the arts. Some of them are actually working students. Bless his soul. He's a living saint.

hahaha

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 04:40 PM
If people hate MOulds this much, when he just wants to play for what his contract was signed for..

I cant even FATHOM how ugly its going to get when Willis McGahee holds out for more money. That's going to get REAL ugly.

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 04:41 PM
hahaha
laugh..but those first 2 paragraphs are the most honest unbiased statements I've seen made about Moulds' character today

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
If people hate MOulds this much, when he just wants to play for what his contract was signed for..

I cant even FATHOM how ugly its going to get when Willis McGahee holds out for more money. That's going to get REAL ugly.I know. The guy hasn't even done squat for the bills and he's saying "If they pay me". This is why I want Gates to get a fair shot. Just in case.

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 04:44 PM
laugh..but those first 2 paragraphs are the most honest unbiased statements I've seen made about Moulds' character today

the 3rd one is why Marv wants to keep him. He's of "high character"

LifetimeBillsFan
03-20-2006, 04:46 PM
That is complete B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

Losman was benched last year because he threw for 75 yards in back to back games and looked terrible doing it.

The only reason Losman was benched was because of Losman himself. If he produced or showed signs that he was going to progress into a good QB one day he would never of been benched. PERIOD.

I'm sorry, but Moulds began complaining about JP before then: in the week prior to the Bills' season opener, Moulds complained to the Buffalo News about having to start all over again with a new starting QB in Buffalo--comparing his situation with Marvin Harrison's situation in Indy--and, then, after the Bills lost to Tampa Bay--in their second game of the season and JP's first road start in the NFL--he was quoted by numerous sources as stating that he and a lot of other veterans in the Bills' lockerroom wanted to "win now" and did not feel that they could do so with JP at QB and wanted Holcomb to start.

With the senior member of the team and your top receiver making it clear that he and a lot of your other teammates don't want you to be the starting QB, how much confidence could JP Losman have and how much more pressure do you think JP was feeling to perform well at that point? And, how much do you think that that impacted his performance?

The only reason that I will argue that the Bills should hold onto Moulds at this point--and for as long as they need to--is to see if they can work out a trade with one of the contending teams that has been looking for a top WR and missed out on Terrell Owens. Denver, New England, Philly and Carolina are four teams that need a receiver of Moulds' ability to make a serious SB run with TO going to Dallas. All are waiting for the Bills to cut Moulds because there really aren't enough WRs of that ability likely to be available (J.Walker, maybe, Burleson, maybe, who else?). However, with the kind of money that TO got from Dallas and Randle El got from Washington, Moulds' contract is not as outrageous as it might have previously appeared to other teams, which makes trading Moulds a lot easier and more reasonable to his potential suitors. So, it behooves the Bills to keep Moulds for as long as they don't need the money that they have tied up in him until one of these teams gets nervous enough to finally offer the Bills something, in terms of draft picks, for Moulds. To get something for Moulds, the Bills and their fans need to be patient because it's all a waiting game. So, don't be so impatient about getting rid of Moulds. The Bills should get rid of Moulds--but only when it suits them and is to their advantage, not his or some other team's advantage.

BillsFever21
03-20-2006, 04:46 PM
Some people develop unhealthy personal attachments to a player. They act like they are friends and that the player will actually miss them when they're gone.

It's just another overpaid athlete. They won't be missing you when they're gone so don't be missing them.

I'm a Bills fan not a fan of players. When the player is out of Buffalo then oh well it was nice having you but it's time to move on.

BillsFever21
03-20-2006, 04:49 PM
I'm sorry, but Moulds began complaining about JP before then: in the week prior to the Bills' season opener, Moulds complained to the Buffalo News about having to start all over again with a new starting QB in Buffalo--comparing his situation with Marvin Harrison's situation in Indy--and, then, after the Bills lost to Tampa Bay--in their second game of the season and JP's first road start in the NFL--he was quoted by numerous sources as stating that he and a lot of other veterans in the Bills' lockerroom wanted to "win now" and did not feel that they could do so with JP at QB and wanted Holcomb to start.

With the senior member of the team and your top receiver making it clear that he and a lot of your other teammates don't want you to be the starting QB, how much confidence could JP Losman have and how much more pressure do you think JP was feeling to perform well at that point? And, how much do you think that that impacted his performance?

The only reason that I will argue that the Bills should hold onto Moulds at this point--and for as long as they need to--is to see if they can work out a trade with one of the contending teams that has been looking for a top WR and missed out on Terrell Owens. Denver, New England, Philly and Carolina are four teams that need a receiver of Moulds' ability to make a serious SB run with TO going to Dallas. All are waiting for the Bills to cut Moulds because there really aren't enough WRs of that ability likely to be available (J.Walker, maybe, Burleson, maybe, who else?). However, with the kind of money that TO got from Dallas and Randle El got from Washington, Moulds' contract is not as outrageous as it might have previously appeared to other teams, which makes trading Moulds a lot easier and more reasonable to his potential suitors. So, it behooves the Bills to keep Moulds for as long as they don't need the money that they have tied up in him until one of these teams gets nervous enough to finally offer the Bills something, in terms of draft picks, for Moulds. To get something for Moulds, the Bills and their fans need to be patient because it's all a waiting game. So, don't be so impatient about getting rid of Moulds. The Bills should get rid of Moulds--but only when it suits them and is to their advantage, not his or some other team's advantage.

Don't explain facts to these homers. They think Moulds is a model citizen and that it's just one big misunderstanding about what happened in Miami last year.

He quit on this team last year and I never want to see him in a Bills uniform again.

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
Don't explain facts to these homers. They think Moulds is a model citizen and that it's just one big misunderstanding about what happened in Miami last year.

He quit on this team last year and I never want to see him in a Bills uniform again. Did he quit on the team or did he want the team to win because he new that under Moolarkey and TD, the team was headed the wrong way.

We all have our point of view about what happened. This much I know , Moolarkey and TD were mistakes.

I would love to see Moulds back and retire as a bill, if the price is right.

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 04:57 PM
the 3rd one is why Marv wants to keep him. He's of "high character"
so you were being totally honest and not kidding around with that 3rd paragraph? If so, that's cool :up: Don't hear about it much

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 05:00 PM
so you were being totally honest and not kidding around with that 3rd paragraph?
Nope, ask Mikey. He hates Moulds because Moulds get's all the attention for being generous for the sake of the arts.

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Nope, ask Mikey. He hates Moulds because Moulds get's all the attention for being generous for the sake of the arts.
:spit: I get it

Mr. Cynical
03-21-2006, 01:35 AM
It would seem to me that if Eric was such the elite WR that he claims to be that there would be tons of rumors on the wire about other teams trying to make a deal.

So far that isn't the case.

Just thought that was worth pointing out.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2006, 07:15 AM
Players at Moulds' age and salary don't get traded in today's NFL.

mybills
03-21-2006, 07:39 AM
I hope he gets a ring with the next team he plays for. He deserves one being in the league for this long, and working as hard as he has to be one of the best WR's ever.
:hail: EMo

That last part was for you, Mikey. :D

Michael82
03-21-2006, 11:19 AM

Excellent Post!!! :bf1: