PDA

View Full Version : free agent offers

Vanilla Thunder
03-20-2006, 12:21 PM
i know i am new here, but from reading thru a lot of threads, i seem to see a bit of a trend regarding offers to rfa's. seems people are complaining about giving offers to nobodies like wells and the dl guy from chicago- israel something, but maybe our front office is on to something if arizona and chicago are willing to match our offers.

i guess if they didnt see the same talent our guys see wouldnt they jus let they go?

that is my 2 cents, i am sure there are peop;le here that know far more than me.

bigbub2352
03-20-2006, 01:01 PM
I agree with you also they would not have tendered them an offer in the first place if they thought they sucked

EDS
03-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Problem is, most people just want the team to sign "name free agents" regardless of whether they are worth the contracts they are offered or whether they fit in the schemes being implemented by the coaching staff.

Vanilla Thunder
03-20-2006, 01:28 PM
i have noticed that too eds. i guess i dont get too fired up over things i cant control like who my favorite team hires. to each his own

Jaybird
03-20-2006, 01:34 PM
i dont really care if the players are big names, as long as they can fill our needs and the 2 offers would do so, so people dont have a problem with it at all. What ever happend to OL and Dl being a priority, now if the teams match the offer sheet then i hope we have a backup plan