PDA

View Full Version : You do realise tradeing JP makes #8 VERY valuable.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 01:02 PM
If marv wants to go with Nall for a couple of seasons and draft Brodie Croyle (*) then that makes #8 a scarry spot for those below us thinking QB.

BIG time trade bait with them thinking we will take Cutler.

(*) it was noted that marv and co spent a ton of time with Croyle at the combine and at the Sr Bowl stuff.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2006, 01:10 PM
Tenn. is bringing in Cutler today.

The Nashville City Paper reports the Tennessee Titans will meet with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler Monday, March 20. He will spend the entire day with the Titans coaches and staff in a get-to-know interview where the sides can get together and talk football and further evaluate Cutler. The main question regarding the Titans and Cutler is whether or not they value him the same way many suspect they do USC QB Matt Leinart or Texas QB Vince Young in that No. 3 draft spot. General manager Floyd Reese said: "I think it depends on which club you talk to. There are 32 clubs, and I think they all have different ideas. But I can't imagine too many quarterbacks performing better than he did (Friday at his Pro Day)."

Wouldn't it be something if Leinart and Young were both available when the Bills pick?

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 01:11 PM
Tenn. see is bringing in Cutler today.

The Nashville City Paper reports the Tennessee Titans will meet with Vanderbilt QB Jay Cutler Monday, March 20. He will spend the entire day with the Titans coaches and staff in a get-to-know interview where the sides can get together and talk football and further evaluate Cutler. The main question regarding the Titans and Cutler is whether or not they value him the same way many suspect they do USC QB Matt Leinart or Texas QB Vince Young in that No. 3 draft spot. General manager Floyd Reese said: "I think it depends on which club you talk to. There are 32 clubs, and I think they all have different ideas. But I can't imagine too many quarterbacks performing better than he did (Friday at his Pro Day)."

Wouldn't it be something if Leinart and Young were both available when the Bills pick?

We pick young and I quit being a Bills fan that day. he is an over hyped moron! He won't amount to spit in the pros. Lionart or cutler IF we take a QB.

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 01:15 PM
We pick young and I quit being a Bills fan that day. he is an over hyped moron! He won't amount to spit in the pros. Lionart or cutler IF we take a QB.

That's the difference between you & I, I will always be a bills fan.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 01:18 PM
That's the difference between you & I, I will always be a bills fan.

The difference between you and me is you being short about 200IQ points...and I only have a 160 IQ...

mysticsoto
03-20-2006, 01:23 PM
The difference between you and me is you being short about 200IQ points...and I only have a 160 IQ...

ICE, this is close to a personal attack. Remember what the mods said!!!

By the way, did you see my post in the Draft zone? I'd like to get your comments as to what you think...do you still view Tamba Hali very highly....he seems to be plummeting pretty badly in alot of analysts eyes...

bigbub2352
03-20-2006, 01:43 PM
how can a QB who basically won the national champioship game single handedly against a former NFL coach be a moron, I mean come on the guy has athletic ability never seen before at the QB spot and u cant say he is gonna suck he played at Texas and beat the best so called team ever in college that has to be worth something

tat2dmike77
03-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Croyle wow thats a name that seems to be missing among all the QB. He wasn't a superstar at alabama but he lost his big play receiver early in the year. Thats when alabama offensive numbers went down.

I can't remember the receivers name but brodie is not a bad QB he's not great but not bad. Did i miss something are the bills seriously considering trading JP?

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 01:49 PM

I say it's the definition of a personal attack, not nice ice.

Saratoga Slim
03-20-2006, 01:50 PM
No way Harvard Marv drafts Vince Young. There's just no way. If we're drafting a QB, its Leinart, Cutler, or Croyle.

I could see Marv getting excited about Cutler.

Mr. Pink
03-20-2006, 01:56 PM
I say it's the definition of a personal attack, not nice ice.

Is being honest a personal attack? Because skooby you have some of the most idiotic posts/points/meandering streams of BS I have ever seen.

acehole
03-20-2006, 01:58 PM
This was my main point in my other thread.

Smoke screen or not.

It was and is a great rumor to start.

YardRat
03-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Leinart isn't going to make it past Chow and Tennessee...bank on it.

Kenny
03-20-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm not advocating we go for Young, because I think JP should be given a chance.... but for everyone who's saying no to Young due to his wonderlic... Didnt McNabb score a 12?

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 02:15 PM
how can a QB who basically won the national champioship game single handedly against a former NFL coach be a moron, I mean come on the guy has athletic ability never seen before at the QB spot and u cant say he is gonna suck he played at Texas and beat the best so called team ever in college that has to be worth something:bf1:

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Is being honest a personal attack? Because skooby you have some of the most idiotic posts/points/meandering streams of BS I have ever seen.

You just showed up here so let me see you start some threads, then we'll chat.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 02:20 PM

Is that a promise?

He won't amount to to spit on the pros. I"ll save that comment as some day it could very well be at the top of your HALL of FAME quotes..

Right up there along with your comments about Bentley, your thinking the Bills could get a first rounder for Moulds and especially your reasons that Buffalo can't get any top free agents.

RedEyE
03-20-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm not commenting on this any more until I see a link that gives the rumor credibilty.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Young will be the one QB left of the three when the Bills pick eighth.

Leinart will go to Tenn at 3 and Cutler to Oak at 7, one spot before us..

Just like when Ben went to Pitt one spot ahead of us two years ago.

BAM
03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
how can a QB who basically won the national champioship game single handedly against a former NFL coach be a moron, I mean come on the guy has athletic ability never seen before at the QB spot and u cant say he is gonna suck he played at Texas and beat the best so called team ever in college that has to be worth something

I agree totally. If anything is overrated, it's the Wonder-Lick. It means absolutely nothing.

mysticsoto
03-20-2006, 02:42 PM

Criticizing his postings is alot different than criticizing him!!!

northernbillfan
03-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Please refrain from personal attacks.

Attack the post and not the poster.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 04:07 PM
Hmmm. All this talk now about trading JP losman and who's going to be our quarterback if this happens.

Last week I was BEYOND stupid for writing that Marv LEvy wanted HIS "Jim Kelly." Maybe I am just as stupid as ever, but just maybe, I was also right.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_509137_24&prov=citadel&type=story

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:16 PM
ICE, this is close to a personal attack. Remember what the mods said!!!

By the way, did you see my post in the Draft zone? I'd like to get your comments as to what you think...do you still view Tamba Hali very highly....he seems to be plummeting pretty badly in alot of analysts eyes...

No bud I haven't seen the draft zone yet. I will go look shortly. And if that was a personal attack I'm a probowl QB. The punk fires off more than that on a daily basis as does his buddy pat

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Please refrain from personal attacks.

Attack the post and not the poster.

There was no attack on the poster.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
Hmmm. All this talk now about trading JP losman and who's going to be our quarterback if this happens.

Last week I was BEYOND stupid for writing that Marv LEvy wanted HIS "Jim Kelly." Maybe I am just as stupid as ever, but just maybe, I was also right.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=citadel-2_509137_24&prov=citadel&type=story
And your article is wrong. Marv doesn't start rookie QB's. Jim Kelly (again from another thread since you brought up this arguement again) Was a 2 year veteran from the USFL. League MVP type. Nearly 100TD passes and nearly 10,000 yards in two seasons.

He isn't looking for his Jim kelly or he would have brought in Brees. Now does he think he can develop a QB? Sure, but we are talking 07 before his first start AND just like JP, can't earn the position unless he is on the field. You don't earn a job in preseason.

I don't see ralph and marv putting a rookie in charge anytime soon. 5 years from now maybe.

And BTW....not one QB in this draft can carry Jim Kelly's jock.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 05:20 PM
No bud I haven't seen the draft zone yet. I will go look shortly. And if that was a personal attack I'm a probowl QB. The punk fires off more than that on a daily basis as does his buddy pat

I don't attack posters.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:21 PM
I don't attack posters.

I have submitted at least 30 counts of it myself in the last week. I know others have as well.

camelcowboy
03-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Ralph operated in a era where young players didn't play alot, pre freeagency was about the veterans, Thats why i think Holcomb will eventually start, but hes not the long term answer.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Ralph operated in a era where young players didn't play alot, pre freeagency was about the veterans, Thats why i think Holcomb will eventually start, but hes not the long term answer.

No way. Nall will be starting before holcomb will. Nall wasn't brought in to be #3 and I don't think Holcomb can beat him. Take Holcombs decision making and make it better, add an arm near JP's and you have nall.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 05:33 PM
I have submitted at least 30 counts of it myself in the last week. I know others have as well.

I dont attack you, I attack your IDIOTIC statements such as LeCharles Bentley played on the Saints and they were losers so how could he help us.. Here is your WORD FOR WORD QUOTE:

<TABLE class=tborder id=post1405247 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>Registered User
<!-- vbPlaza end -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/buttons/golddonor.gif

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar4630_1.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=4630)

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1405247><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->Something that gets me about that Center Bentley.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Everyone is griping about not signing him. Ok so...he was New Orleans Center right? Didn't they do WORSE than us this year?

'But ICE....he was a great center on a bad TEAM'. Exactly. And if he came here right now, he would be a great center on a bad team.

Apperantly having bentley didn't do much for the Saints now did it?

So taking up about 43% of your available cap room on ONE player, regardless of how good he is, isn't a good thing? Hummmmm....

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Or that money isnt the primary factor in 90% of the NFL fa's to what team they come too.. AGain.. YOUR WORDS!
Dear GM,

Thanks for taking the time to contact me. As you well know with your experience that my agents firm built a prospectus for me. This outlines all 32 teams needs in the NFL, cap room, tax rate for city, county and state. it also informs me of the local community is like, and what is there to do for my family etc.

After looking at this we sat down and looked at teams that needed me (insert position here). We also took into account the things I want for my career as a player. What I am looking for is thus....

As a top rated player in my position I want to go to a team that has the best chance of being a contender quickly. I have played on a team that has tried to compete but just can't get there. I also want to be fairly compensated for my skills.

After looking at the Bills here is the conclusion I have come to....you aren't the right team for me. The reasons are as follows...

1) You are not going to be a contender for quite some time. I appreciate you went out and got Ron Wolf an established GM and a good HC in Mike Sherman. But you are about 2 years away from where Dallas, Tampa, New England, Carolina, Settle, Minnesotta, are at this time. Playoff contenders that can use me to help get over that hump.

2) Compensation. With the numerous holes you have you can't afford me and address all of your other needs to become a contender. I am one of the top ranked (insert position here) in the league. To be fairly compensated would not be cost effective immediately for me to play for you and address my #1 need.

3) Cost of living in Buffalo. As you know we get 16 checks per year. And as you know we get taxed by each state we play in for our 8 away games. The problem here is Western New York is one of the most highly (and I believe is the highest) taxed counties in the US. New York being one of the higher taxed states as well. So you would not only need to match what (insert team here) is paying me, but offset the amount of money I am losing to the excessive taxes. In this case I would most likely be taxed less for away games than home games.

4) Location. I love the fact Buffalo has my kind of people. Hard working blue collar types that love football, But I have a family to think about. Fans seem to forget this is a family decision, as you well know, to move to a new city. After looking at the local school systems, My wife (like Marvin Lewis' wife) had concerns. Also what is there to do other than see Niagra falls for my children?

Sir I would sincerely like to thank you for the offer to come meet with you, but I have to respectfully decline. I understand your desire to sign a guy like me to help show your fanbase that you are trying. Maybe in a couple years when the Franchise is more competitive closer to being a playoff contender and more stable, we can talk again.

Sincerely,

Top Ranked Free Agent
</CHUCKLES><!-- / message -->

Or that we can trade ERic Moulds to Denver for a number one draft choice.. Or that Chris Nall is the next Delhomme.. or that you are having issues even spelling words in a headline correctly, back to back words to be exact...

I attack your intelligence as a football fan because you call me a whiner, when the reality is if you go examine your OWN statements over the past 3-4 days, the Bills are doom to gloom and are going to suck, that nobody wants to come to play for us.. Unlike you, I feel we CAN get top players to come here, ISNT THAT WHY we got Marv and jauron? It's because Ralph is cheap, end of story..

You on other hand think players wont come here because the team loses, school systems and the cost of living (lol- thats actually funny)

I can go on and on about the things you say.. I dont have to "attack you".. You do it yourself

JUst a sportsfan gets on my nerves with his whiner comments, but at least every now and then he says something to makes some form of sense to me. So does Philster for that matter. I dont particularly care for them, but at least I have respect for what they have to say.

You on the other hand are worse than me or any other whiner on the board.. You are "woe is the Bills." I complain because I think this team can start winning sooner or later.. YOu are just resigned to the fact we'll suck the rest of the decade.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:44 PM
I can tell you right now what I wrote to you in my FA response is dead on. You may cover them, I have been there when they contemplated thier FA move and have seen the prospectus myself.

As for the rest of the crap you just spewed, I speak for many when I say please quit the blog. You embarass us that have a clue constantly. You have no clue at all how this process works and the more you post, the more you prove it.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 05:48 PM
What I say makes sense.. "embarrass us who have a clue".. YOu have a clue? You proved today how much a clue you have with the Bentley comment and the "43 percent of the cap he takes up."

And it doesnt matter if I've "covered" them or not.. My 12-year old son knows that MONEY is the driving factor in where 80-90% of the free agents are going to go.

Let me ask you, Ice.. and I promise I'm actually NOT being sarcastic.. THis is a 100% legitimate question.. DO you like Marv Levy as our GM?

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:52 PM
What I say makes sense.. "embarrass us who have a clue".. YOu have a clue? You proved today how much a clue you have with the Bentley comment and the "43 percent of the cap he takes up."

And it doesnt matter if I've "covered" them or not.. My 12-year old son knows that MONEY is the driving factor in where 80-90% of the free agents are going to go.

Let me ask you, Ice.. and I promise I'm actually NOT being sarcastic.. THis is a 100% legitimate question.. DO you like Marv Levy as our GM?

Pat, stop. Your act has worn thin. You couldn't convince me or anyone else that is a FA to play here so stop *****ing. WIN NOW! But no one wants to come here yet....yet being the operative word. You yourself said we were the Bungles of the 90's. How many high name FA's wanted to go there?

Let marv have a chance to turn it around. Do I like marv as a GM? I don't know yet. Ask me again this time next year and I will be able to give you an informed opinion on him, something NONE of us can do yet. I will say if he is doing what I think he is, yeah I like it.

And your 12 year old is as wrong as his old man. MANY factors go into a FA signing somewhere unless you offer up a world class STUPID contract like the Vikes did for Hutchenson.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 05:58 PM
If Marv Levy was brought into be the GM of this football team and he can't sell impact players that Buffalo is the place to be, then he's a lousy salesmen who can't sell the product and he should have never been the GM to begin with.

And you say "all of us".. I'd be hard pressed to find three people who agree with your mentally challenged letter stating the reason that 90% of free agents has little to do with just the money..

Hmm whats to blame.
* Local Ecomony?
* Cost of living?
* Buffalo Education and housing?

How about this one.
* Owner needs a vice to have his wallet opened.

You make the selection.

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
If Marv Levy was brought into be the GM of this football team and he can't sell impact players that Buffalo is the place to be, then he's a lousy salesmen who can't sell the product and he should have never been the GM to begin with.

. Tripplett was a stupid signing then? Damn, I knew he wasn't an impact player. I should listen to you more often.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Tripplett was a stupid signing then? Damn, I knew he wasn't an impact player. I should listen to you more often.

Stupid signing, no...

If you think Larry Tripplett is going to do much to help win football games with a rookie DT next to him, I'd like to sell you a car.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:04 PM

And you say "all of us".. I'd be hard pressed to find three people who agree with your mentally challenged letter stating the reason that 90% of free agents has little to do with just the money..

Hmm whats to blame.
* Local Ecomony?
* Cost of living?
* Buffalo Education and housing?

How about this one.
* Owner needs a vice to have his wallet opened.

You make the selection.

Actually many agree with me. There is no GM alive including polian or Pioli that can convince the top FA's to come here. And who exactly were the top FA's? Brees (Not worth 10 mill per) Hutch (WAY overpaid and no way do you fight that contract) Bentley (was going to cleveland no matter what the contract was).

As for as the OL, not alot there outside of Bentley, Hutch and the LT from Atlanta.

DT's? We signed the #1 rated guy for what we want to do, according to Marv and company. Pickett wasn't going to sign here, GB had more money.

Safety? According to our DC he is exactly what they are looking for.

Marv is doing just fine. Let the process play out then we can talk about it.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Stupid signing, no...

If you think Larry Tripplett is going to do much to help win football games with a rookie DT next to him, I'd like to sell you a car.

Then you would be selling me a H3. Because he will do just fine with Ngata or Bunkley next to him. Not only that we still have anderson and will bring in some level of FA DT in addition to what we have. And again... another fact that is apperantly ignored....we now have the guy that is considered THE best DL coach in the league. Lets see how he does with our guys.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Actually many agree with me. There is no GM alive including polian or Pioli that can convince the top FA's to come here. And who exactly were the top FA's? Brees (Not worth 10 mill per) Hutch (WAY overpaid and no way do you fight that contract) Bentley (was going to cleveland no matter what the contract was).

As for as the OL, not alot there outside of Bentley, Hutch and the LT from Atlanta.

DT's? We signed the #1 rated guy for what we want to do, according to Marv and company. Pickett wasn't going to sign here, GB had more money.

Safety? According to our DC he is exactly what they are looking for.

Marv is doing just fine. Let the process play out then we can talk about it.

While I disagree with you, at least that post made sense, so I'll give you that.

My only gripe and you can READ everyone of my posts with the Bills FA has been the Offensive Line........... Sign Runyan and Neal its a successful offseason.. You draft 1-2 rookies to start with young preston and peters on this line and JP/Whoever is going to spend the next two years at ECMC every Sunday night.

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Stupid signing, no...

If you think Larry Tripplett is going to do much to help win football games with a rookie DT next to him, I'd like to sell you a car. I thought you said he couldn't sell anyone into signing w/ the bills ? :idunno: Damn, I should've realized you were just whining about how Marv isn't able to make every available FA out there happy by blowing a boat load of cash in their face. Heaven knows you won't complain if we overpaid them... oh wait.

Marv is doomed no matter what he does as far as you're concerned.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I thought you said he couldn't sell anyone into signing w/ the bills ? :idunno: Damn, I should've realized you were just whining about how Marv isn't able to make every available FA out there happy by blowing a boat load of cash in their face. Heaven knows you won't complain if we overpaid them... oh wait.

Marv is doomed no matter what he does as far as you're concerned.

I am hoping that is a new H3 he wants to sell really cheap.:handball:

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:14 PM
I'll add to that..

DRAFT OL as well.. and let McNally develop them for 2 years or so before starting..

You guys talk about JP, Holcomb, Harrington, Cutler, whoever.. NOBODY will have a chance in this offense with 3-4 starters who are rookies or second year players.. Get Vets in here SINCE YOU DO have the cap room, and develop rookies.

A good OL will keep a team in many games..

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:17 PM
I'll add to that..

DRAFT OL as well.. and let McNally develop them for 2 years or so before starting..

You guys talk about JP, Holcomb, Harrington, Cutler, whoever.. NOBODY will have a chance in this offense with 3-4 starters who are rookies or second year players.. Get Vets in here SINCE YOU DO have the cap room, and develop rookies.

A good OL will keep a team in many games..

Good thing New England didn't take that approach. Good thing Marv didn't take that approach with Ruben Brown.

YES the Guard picked in the 2nd will most likely start and do very well. At worst he will be the starter by years end. And YES our QB can and will survive with a rookie guard. Christ man....

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 06:18 PM
It's funny how Ice likes to play coach and Pat likes to play GM. :snicker:

They're made for each other.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
We'd probably only lead the Bills to 2-3 victories less than we're going to get this year ;)

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:25 PM
Good thing New England didn't take that approach. Good thing Marv didn't take that approach with Ruben Brown.

YES the Guard picked in the 2nd will most likely start and do very well. At worst he will be the starter by years end. And YES our QB can and will survive with a rookie guard. Christ man....

LOL, another Buff/NE comparision..

And Ruben Brown was drafted to a team that was coming off 4 straight Super Bowls, not six straight non-playoff seasons.

Go with Gandy and a rookie on the line starting with Preston in the middle.. I hope our QB's have good medical insurance.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:31 PM
LOL, another Buff/NE comparision..

And Ruben Brown was drafted to a team that was coming off 4 straight Super Bowls, not six straight non-playoff seasons.

Go with Gandy and a rookie on the line starting with Preston in the middle.. I hope our QB's have good medical insurance.

I don't think it will be that lineup but if it is I think we will be fine.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 07:30 PM
I don't think it will be that lineup but if it is I think we will be fine.

Just like JP/Holcomb were in 2005, and Drew the three years before that were fine with our line.

Outside of Peters, who is very talented but STILL learning the tackle position..

There isnt a single starter on our line (Preston, Anderson, Gandy, Villarrial) who would start for more than maybe 2-3 teams in the NFL.

Bill Cody
03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
I admit this is random, but if ICE haas a 160 IQ he should do a better job of securing his computer from the room temperature IQ guy that keeps borrowing his computer.:handball:

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 08:28 PM
I admit this is random, but if ICE haas a 160 IQ he should do a better job of securing his computer from the room temperature IQ guy that keeps borrowing his computer.:handball:

Dallas. Your boyfriend is there.

Bill Cody
03-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Dallas. Your boyfriend is there.

"Real men of genius".:lolabove:

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 11:09 PM
"Real men of genius".:lolabove:
I've learned the "rules".. Disagree with Ice or dont give up the ZB to the "family" and your rep gets negged to death.

Ebenezer
03-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Can I end this mental masturbation...barring an unbelievable deal JP is going nowhere...he will count $2.5 mil against the cap to get rid of him before june 1.