PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't sound to good for the Bills

ghz in pittsburgh
03-20-2006, 02:00 PM
http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=809

I remember when TKO signed the offer, he called Marvin Lewis asking him not to match. Right there he made his intention known.

But this is so different for Wells. I have no doubt that the Cardinals want to find out whether Wells wants to play for the Cards. Reading the lines my guess is a "yes" from him.

YardRat
03-20-2006, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona matches the offer...I expect it, actually.

I just hope Marv makes a hard run at Neal when it happens.

Dicknoze69
03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
By those comments, I'd say we're f-ed.

RedEyE
03-20-2006, 02:12 PM
I think Buffalo expected the offer to be matched.

Jersey1031
“One way or another it is going to work out,” Wells stated. “Unless somebody is really unhappy, I don’t think anybody necessarily wants to pick up and move from somewhere they have been for three years. If it comes down to that I know that I have been treated with nothing but respect and kindness around here and I’ll understand that. But if it works out, I see big things in the future here.”

Bad, bad, bad...

RedEyE
I think they still have 3 days to make a move.

Jersey1031
03-20-2006, 02:16 PM
I think they still have 3 days to make a move.

I hope we get him, we need all the help we can get on the line...

Are we going to get Idonije??

RedEyE
03-20-2006, 02:23 PM
I think the Bills have a better shot at Idonije then Wells.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 02:31 PM
I dont see how Arizona doesnt match this offer when they can afford it.

especially after investing in Edge.

If they dont, this worries me to as good Wells really is.. Then again, if there's any organization that would fumble him away, its Arizona "West"

Jersey1031
03-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Exactly, they opened the bank for Edge, and he'll need protection to preform...

Jersey1031
03-20-2006, 02:40 PM
http://billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#032006

Bears Expected To Match: The Bears are meeting today to decide whether or not to match the Bills offer sheet to Israel Idonije. The deal is for 4 years and is worth $8.2 Million. It seems like the Bears are leaning towards matching the offer.

Cards Expected To Match: It appears that the Cardinals will match the offer sheet the Bills gave Reggie Wells. They are expected to talk about it early this week to make a final decision. Before the Bills gave him the offer sheet Cards VP Rod Graves said they would match any offer unless it was outrageous. The Bills five year, $17.6 Million is high, but apparently not high enough to scare off the Cards.

Michael82
03-20-2006, 03:29 PM
Hopefully when Marv gets the call from Arizona that they are matching the offer, he has Stephen Neal on line 2 with an offer in hand. :pray:

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 03:44 PM
Hopefully when Marv gets the call from Arizona that they are matching the offer, he has Stephen Neal on line 2 with an offer in hand. :pray:

He should have had an offer on the table for Neal before he had Wells on phone line number one.

Maybe he doesnt so I wont judge.. But it seems kinda STUPID to spend your energy on a guy Arizona is going to match when Neal is a UFA.

Does anyone think that it means ANYTHING to have some veterans around right now who've actually played in the PLAYOFFS??

OUtside of FLetcher I cant think of a single Bill that has much playoff experience, let alone a Super Bowl.

DraftBoy
03-20-2006, 03:49 PM
Eric Moulds, Trey Teague, Nate Clements, Aaron Schoebel

TedMock
03-20-2006, 03:51 PM
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/

Cardinals | Team meets with Wells to discuss offer sheet
Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:11:04 -0800

AzCardinals.com reports restricted free agent OG Reggie Wells (Cardinals) visited with Arizona Cardinals vice president of football operations Rod Graves and head coach Dennis Green to discuss his future with the Cardinals organization Monday, March 20. "We talked about Reggie's commitment and his feelings about staying with the Arizona Cardinals," said Graves following the meeting. "We also talked about expectations and the direction of the program." Arizona has the right to match the Buffalo Bills offer sheet and retain Wells. However, if the Cardinals elect not to match the offer, they will be compensated with a sixth round draft choice, the round in which they originally selected Wells in the 2003 draft. "I feel it was a very positive meeting," concluded Graves. "We'll evaluate our decision today and expect to have an announcement soon in respect to us matching the offer he received in Buffalo."

Gunzlingr
03-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Seattle only had 1 guy on their team with SB experience, and they were regular first roundouts before this year.

TedMock
03-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Eric Moulds, Trey Teague, Nate Clements, Aaron Schoebel

Teague did in Denver, and Moulds in 1998-1999, but I don't think Clements and Schobel have any playoff experience. Do they?

Jersey1031
03-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Teague did in Denver, and Moulds in 1998-1999, but I don't think Clements and Schobel have any playoff experience. Do they?

No

TigerJ
03-20-2006, 05:32 PM
I think Buffalo expected the offer to be matched.

Agreed.

Yes this was a different circumstance than TKO and Cincinnati. TKO's desire to be out of Cincinnati was well known and deep seated. Wells was pretty happy in Arizona but wanted more money than the Cards offered. If Arizona fails to match, I think Wells will come to Buffalo and be happy. If the Cards match, he'll stay in Arizona and be happy. Buffalo gave it a good shot. If it doesn't work, they try for Neal. They've at least done Wells a favor by boosting his salary up where it should be.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:49 PM
LMAO What is funny is NONE of you guys knew who he was before he came here. Now he is a MUST HAVE! LMAO!

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 05:54 PM
LMAO What is funny is NONE of you guys knew who he was before he came here. Now he is a MUST HAVE! LMAO!

I guess that your the Mel Kiper of this board huh?

I've said before free agency began the guard I wanted is Neal.. But I'm becoming resigned to that not happening.

I think 95% of the people on here are excited about WElls because he gets Bennie Anderson the hell off the field... It doesnt take Mel Kiper to know that's a good thing.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 05:57 PM
I guess that your the Mel Kiper of this board huh?

I've said before free agency began the guard I wanted is Neal.. But I'm becoming resigned to that not happening.

I think 95% of the people on here are excited about WElls because he gets Bennie Anderson the hell off the field... It doesnt take Mel Kiper to know that's a good thing.

Find me one post of mine where I said Wells is a must have. I will save you the time...there isn't one. But By God! If we don't get the 6th rated guy on Marvs board in here at guard....

LMAO!

Look, Draft a guard its that simple. Draft a DT, simple too. You now have two new starters on your lines. Yeah yeah I know but many of those guys do just fine.

Now I don't blame marv for making a run at a guy that is an up and comer and only lose a 6th round pick. Good call, but it's not the end of the world if we don't get him. Draft a guard in the 2nd. Easy.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Find me one post of mine where I said Wells is a must have. I will save you the time...there isn't one. But By God! If we don't get the 6th rated guy on Marvs board in here at guard....

LMAO!

Look, Draft a guard its that simple. Draft a DT, simple too. You now have two new starters on your lines. Yeah yeah I know but many of those guys do just fine.

Now I don't blame marv for making a run at a guy that is an up and comer and only lose a 6th round pick. Good call, but it's not the end of the world if we don't get him. Draft a guard in the 2nd. Easy.

you must have a really hard time understand the concept of reading comprehension.. I just went through EVERY comment on this post, and I dont see a single comment suggesting its the end of the world if we dont get him, in fact, nobody expects to get him.

ALL i seen was a bunch of people saying they hope we get them.. How dare these fans!