PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand why some people watch football

Jeff1220
03-20-2006, 03:04 PM
Honestly, if something brings people this much misery, you'd think they'd stop. Now I don't necessarily agree with, nor am I happy with, everything so far this offseason, but I do maintain some shreds of hope that it can turn out well. I'll keep that hope until the season's record indicates that there is none. I don't think that makes me blind...I just hope that what I see is wrong (after all, I don't work and never have worked at the NFL level. I very well could be wrong.).

I guess my point is that some people are so into this and so negative at the same time, how can they possibly enjoy it? I'm not saying you have to agree with everything (I certainly don't), but maintain some hope. Please, act like you enjoy football. It is a huge part of most of our lives, but don't lose perspective - it is a sport, a past time, a hobby. If it makes many of you as unhappy as it seems, maybe you should rethink what you do in your spare time and find something that won't have such a disasterous affect on your lives

Jersey1031
03-20-2006, 03:10 PM
Good post...

Gunzlingr
03-20-2006, 03:42 PM
true dat.

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 03:43 PM
Couldn't agree more :bf1:

Patrick76777
03-20-2006, 03:51 PM
Honestly, if something brings people this much misery, you'd think they'd stop. Now I don't necessarily agree with, nor am I happy with, everything so far this offseason, but I do maintain some shreds of hope that it can turn out well. I'll keep that hope until the season's record indicates that there is none. I don't think that makes me blind...I just hope that what I see is wrong (after all, I don't work and never have worked at the NFL level. I very well could be wrong.).

I guess my point is that some people are so into this and so negative at the same time, how can they possibly enjoy it? I'm not saying you have to agree with everything (I certainly don't), but maintain some hope. Please, act like you enjoy football. It is a huge part of most of our lives, but don't lose perspective - it is a sport, a past time, a hobby. If it makes many of you as unhappy as it seems, maybe you should rethink what you do in your spare time and find something that won't have such a disasterous affect on your lives

Wow, Very nice. And it's not just that they watch football. But they are immersed in it. Following along on this board every day. You’re right. It’s got to be downright draining. Almost like an addiction.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 03:54 PM
My wife's about to leave me.

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 03:56 PM
My wife's about to leave me.

She's going to live w/ ice, he has a better rep.

SquishDaFish
03-20-2006, 03:58 PM
Great thread and post until Skooby ruined it like every other thread he posts in.

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 04:00 PM
Great thread and post until Skooby ruined it like every other thread he posts in.

It's a joke ok, relax.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Poor Skoob.. he is just a neg magnent. Skoob, try saying something nice to someone once in a while instead of always being so acerbic.

Hang in there Skoob... I'm praying for you :)

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Poor Skoob.. he is just a neg magnent. Skoob, try saying something nice to someone once in a while instead of always being so acerbic.

Hang in there Skoob... I'm praying for you :)

Thanks keith, I appreciate it.

OpIv37
03-20-2006, 05:08 PM

I've been watching the Bills since I was about 11 years old. I can't imagine not watching them- it's been a part of my life for so long. But at times it isn't enjoyable. It's very frustrating to see the team make stupid move after stupid move and spend a decade struggling.

Maybe it is a sort of addiction, but I can't just stop following the team cuz it's not enjoyable at the moment. It's not like following a TV show for a few seasons, then not watching once it "jumps the shark." There's always the hope that they're going to turn it around, and every time they do something stupid it cuts into that hope.

I don't understand how people can call themselves fans and not get frustrated when the team gives huge contracts to players who haven't done a damn thing or keeps veterans with huge salaries because they used to be good.

On the flip side, I also don't understand how people can let their love for the team cloud their judgement to the point where they didn't see the problems this team had until the debacle in San Diego (or even later in Skooby's case).

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 08:58 PM
team gives huge contracts to players who haven't done a damn thing Two words..NFL Draft

jmb1099
03-21-2006, 06:03 AM

Well said. Good points all the way around.

Night Train
03-21-2006, 06:15 AM

You have no business being positive and sane on this board. :D

Excellent post.

Patrick76777
03-21-2006, 07:24 AM
I don't understand how people can call themselves fans and not get frustrated when the team gives huge contracts to players who haven't done a damn thing or keeps veterans with huge salaries because they used to be good.

On the flip side, I also don't understand how people can let their love for the team cloud their judgement to the point where they didn't see the problems this team had until the debacle in San Diego (or even later in Skooby's case).
Because we treat it as a hobby and not as an obsession.