PDA

View Full Version : Minn interested in drafting a QB???

mysticsoto
03-20-2006, 03:15 PM
These are just rumors right now..but a possibility for us to trade down maybe - if there are one of the top 3 QBs left on our pick??? Minn has the 17th pick...

Free-agent quarterback Craig Nall, who visited Winter Park last week, agreed to terms with Buffalo, according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. The Vikings had hoped Nall would agree to serve as Brad Johnson's backup, but he might have been scared off by the team's desire to draft a young quarterback next month.
-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

The Vikings clearly are looking at next month's NFL draft as a way to upgrade their quarterback depth. Pat Kirwan of NFL Network said Vikings coach Brad Childress hinted about the possibility of moving up in the draft.
-- St. Paul Pioneer Press

Don't Panic
03-21-2006, 10:11 AM
If so, I say do it. There are a number of guys who could help us at #17 and we would undoubtedly pick up a good pick(s) in return. I want to see us get as many of the top 100 guys in here as possible so they can start paying dividends in 2007.

TigerJ
03-21-2006, 12:15 PM
By dropping to 17, I think Buffalo would not be in the running for wither Ngata or Bunkley. Perhaps either Marcus McNeil or Winston Justice might still be around, but probably not both. The top guard, whether you figure that's Charles Spencer or Max Jean Gilles is probably still there, but they're both rated as second rounders. Kiwanuka is still there, but the warts on him have really popped out lately. Manny Lawson, who probably switches to LB in the pros, might be a good pick to replace Posey. One of the top two receivers, Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes will be there. Trading down that far puts Buffalo in a spot where there may not be a lot of good options if the guy they target is not there. Minnesota would have to sweeten the pot quite a bit for me to trade with them. I'd be more likely to trade down 4 or 5 spots than 9.