PDA

View Full Version : Quality & Cost of living might help a few free agents think Buffalo is great

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 03:32 PM
I think that if a few of the free agents shopping their services should check out home prices and costs of living, Buffalo might end up coming out as their best choice. You can get a wonderful home in Buffalo with alot of extra's for $350,000 or so. The same size home and a similiar community in other cities would be ~$750,000 or more. I think that is a point that RW and Marv need to lay on these people about how much the community appreciates our players and how well their families can live. We have so many great local foods like:

Beef on Weck
Ted's hot dogs
Chef's chicken parm
Jim's steakout (mario with mayo, no sauce...or BBQ chicken finger sub)
Mighty Taco super mighty
LaNova wings
chips and bison dip

You also can go to the Falls and watch the Buffalo Sabres NHL hockey team. The school systems are second to none & offer a regents education as standard.

All in all I think that people coming for a visit need to understand how much the Bills mean to all of us and their help would be appreciated. Factoring in everything there is no place most players paying attention would rather live than Buffalo, hopefully someone is showing them!

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Is this a serious post or sarcastic? with you I can never tell.

Of the say 58 or so players on the Buffalo roster, how many of them do you think actually even buy homes in this town and live here , year round?

Less than 15% I'd say.

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 04:01 PM

Of the say 58 or so players on the Buffalo roster, how many of them do you think actually even buy homes in this town and live here , year round?

Less than 15% I'd say.

Does it really matter? Draw your own conclusions from it.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 04:17 PM
My conclusion is that the VERY VAST majority of players care about how much their contract is for a lot more than the city they will play in.

More players do NOT own homes year-round in the town that they play for. There's an area of Orchard Park where a lot of players rent condos and suites for the season and then go to their off-season homes.

I'm not saying NO players stay in the area and by their own holmes. Jim Kelly and Steve Tasker off the top of my heads own homes in WNY, so does Steve Christie. Eric MOulds also lives year-round in Hamburg, well for the moment anyway.

But a lot more players do not, there fore I dont think they care as much about the town they play for as much as they do their contract; not to say WNY is a disgusting place or anything.

I've been to some of the NFL cities for football games. Detroit and KC off the top my head; trust me, THEY are NO better than Buffalo.

Stewie
03-20-2006, 04:36 PM
The school systems are second to none & offer a regents education as standard.

Dude you totally had me with you, until you said that the regents education standard is second to none.

More like second to everyone.

The cost of living and quality of life is a major advantage... to a greedy player. Problem is, didn't we say we don't want that kind of player in Buffalo?

Mitchy moo
03-20-2006, 06:00 PM
Dude you totally had me with you, until you said that the regents education standard is second to none.

More like second to everyone.

I Did pretty well with the education I had there. Regents was above & beyond the normal courses at the time.

justasportsfan
03-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Skoobs, you're not fooling anyone with that "cost of living" crap. If I had millions I'm not gonna worry about cost of living and hate to say it, buffalo would be one of the last places I'd want to live in.

DMBcrew36
03-20-2006, 08:42 PM
You're forgetting that they would be living in the highest taxed counties of the #1 or #2 highest taxed state in the country. We are taxed at 89% of the maximum, while the average in the country is around 49%. Almost no one else is taxed as high. Hence, why people in just about every other place in the country have more money to spend.

When you're talking about millions, that is a lot of money that they lose.

Bill Brasky
03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
i dont think a guy who's making 3 million a year is concerned with how much houses cost.

kinigirly
03-20-2006, 09:09 PM
pssh i don't know about you, but when i drive home to niagara falls...nothing says home like crossing the grand island bridge, seeing that green glow in the sky, rolling down the windows, and breathing in that sweet sulfur smell. brings a tear to my eye just thinking about vacation....

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 09:10 PM
breathing in that sweet sulfur smell:spit:

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 10:30 PM
pssh i don't know about you, but when i drive home to niagara falls...nothing says home like crossing the grand island bridge, seeing that green glow in the sky, rolling down the windows, and breathing in that sweet sulfur smell. brings a tear to my eye just thinking about vacation....

LOL

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 10:31 PM
i dont think a guy who's making 3 million a year is concerned with how much houses cost.

half the guys that play in the NFL dont even buy a home during their 3-4 years stay with their team.. THey rent seasonally..

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-20-2006, 10:33 PM

Less than 15% I'd say.

I believe that 15% makes it 8.7 guys live here... does the .7 guy live in a van down by the river?

:roflmao:

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 10:42 PM
I believe that 15% makes it 8.7 guys live here... does the .7 guy live in a van down by the river?

:roflmao:

Yep, right next to the Pier..

and I think the GM lives in one of these board member's house.. And while we think he's a "homer", its really marv typing..

ddaryl
03-20-2006, 10:44 PM
LMAO

the "cost of living " argument is a lot like your buddy setting you up on a blind date and telling you "she's got a great personality"