PDA

View Full Version : Kind of a funny story

elltrain22
03-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Was talkin' w/ a couple of buddies today about the NFL offseason. Can you believe the activity, TO, EdgeJames, etc, etc, then we go on to talking and he is a Cards fan, and my other buddy is a Dolphins fan (I know what your saying, but they're good dudes, and theres no talkin into liking other teams) but we go on to talk about next year. Of course the Phins & Cards fan are very optimistic, what w/ all they have done this offseason to improve their team, then they turn to me, a usually upbeat, positive, and optimistic sports fan, and all I could do is just shrug my shoulders, roll my eyes, and say "shoot we might be the laughing stock next year." Don't be confused here, I love the Bills, and I so do hope I am wrong, but this franchise is on a downward spiral, and there is no way I can excited about a team that has done absolutely nothing to improve our o-line, our secondary, and when your prized FA signing is Larry friggen Tripplett you just want to put a bag over your head. Then today it gets even sadder when I here we sign Craig Nall or something. Whatever.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 05:51 PM
elltrain..

YOu speak for the majority of the fans in this city right now, trust me.. I cant tell you how many people I know that are ready to cancel their season tix until the front office does SOMETHING to show them that winning is on the list of priorities.

The hearts of Bills fans dont change, come Sundays everyone will root their hearts out for them.

The view around the league, chat rooms, message boards and NFL columnists nearly everywhere is the same; this team is a joke.

Bling
03-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Except those select few, everyone deep down believes what you just said. Don't feel bad.

elltrain22
03-20-2006, 08:49 PM
Usually I am one of the guys on this board that tries to be positive, and upbeat, but this is ridiculous. My buddies asked me (and my friends are pretty good football fans), who have the Bills signed in which I replied: "Larry Tripplett, Robert Royal, some dude from the Bears who last name sounds like a sneeze, and now Craig Nall." You already know but ya know what his response was, who the f**k are those guys??? The worst part of it all, we haven't even scheduled interviews, and haven't even tried to improve.

some of you really optimistic may say that wait until the draft. Like thats gonna make a big friggin' difference. Sorry guys, I know I sound like a big b**ch, but I love and die w/ this team, and its just so frustrating.

jdbillsfan
03-20-2006, 09:08 PM
It's early to say how the Bills are going to be next season. They didn't sign Edgerrin James, Culpepper or Bentley, but just because they didn't, doesn't make everything have to be so negative.

I actually like what Marv & Co have done so far. I think they have a plan and I feel that they have done some research to see who fits into their scheme and what they are trying to accomplish. They have even brought in some not so high profile guys, such as Wells, hoping to try and pull them away from another team. As it turns out, their team is high on those players too, so we might not get them, but to me that is good scouting and research. It seems any GM can spend a lot of money on a high profile guy and not know much else. It may turn out that guy doesn't fit. Who knows.

These aren't names to brag about, but it is a process. I like Andre Davis, I like Tripplet and they are high on Royal. They aren't just targeting guys who have a big name, but guys who fit what they are trying to do and I like that.

GvilleBills
03-20-2006, 09:11 PM
I feel ya man. It's tough being a fan of this team, but so very rewarding at times. I feel like the RFA offers are a waste of time, but would go a long way towards making me feel better if they go through. I'd like the team to pursue Denvers 2 1st rounders, as I heard they were up for 1st, 3rd, 4th in next years draft. Sorry, don't have a link. I think that would be a huge move towards proving the teams determination to do what it takes to win, by virtue of cashing in on the best draft class in years.

jdbillsfan
03-20-2006, 09:17 PM
elltrain..

The view around the league, chat rooms, message boards and NFL columnists nearly everywhere is the same; this team is a joke.

I don't understand how anyone can say this team is a joke. Is it not smart to bring in guys who fit their scheme and what they are trying to do? A handful of teams have signed big names free agents, so that qualifies them as not a joke?

Are the Giants a joke? The Jets? Chargers? Most teams haven't signed many free agents. This isn't some incredible class of free agents where if you don't sign 10 of them, you are a joke.

The bills are bringing in players who fit their system. They still need a LG and a DT. They are still trying to get both. They have made offers that didn't work out and some are still in the process.

I am not understanding how this team is a joke. Mularkey and Donahoe are a joke and now they are gone.

Just because we didn't sign dumb sherman, we are a joke? He is a dufus. Where is he now? The OL coach for the texans? Who even cares.

Go Bills

chernobylwraiths
03-20-2006, 09:19 PM
I like to be upbeat too. I try to look at the positives in these situations. The Bills made a big move just about every year that Donahoe was here, but never seemed to be able to translate it onto the field. Now we are making moves for guys who aren't household names. I gotta hope that Marv is working with the coaches and Modrak and getting players that are hand picked for a certain reason. I'm disappointed that we haven't gotten any major offensive line people either, but we still have cap room and I don't think we are finished yet.

BTW, I don't think the majority of Bills fans are pissed or ready to jump off a building because we haven't signed a major offensive lineman. I think the majority of smart football fans are willing to wait and see a little bit.