PDA

View Full Version : Childress Compares Culpepper to T.O.

lordofgun
03-20-2006, 06:06 PM
http://www.tribune-democrat.com/sports/feeds/apcontent/apstories/apstorysection/D8GFJ8T82.xml.txt/resources_apstoryview

Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress says he saw a little of T.O. in Daunte Culpepper. That was enough for him.

"It just became a deal where I didn't feel like it was the team, I felt like it was 'me,'" Childress said Monday about Culpepper. "I went through a big 'me' situation last year with a guy who was all about 'me.'"

"Everything became about being a $10 million-a-year quarterback," Childress said.

Jersey1031
03-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Hopefully this has some truth. A soon divided Miami lockerroom??

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:12 PM
http://www.tribune-democrat.com/sports/feeds/apcontent/apstories/apstorysection/D8GFJ8T82.xml.txt/resources_apstoryview

Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress says he saw a little of T.O. in Daunte Culpepper. That was enough for him.

"It just became a deal where I didn't feel like it was the team, I felt like it was 'me,'" Childress said Monday about Culpepper. "I went through a big 'me' situation last year with a guy who was all about 'me.'"

"Everything became about being a $10 million-a-year quarterback," Childress said.

Sounds alot like some WR I know....

!Papacrunk!
03-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Childress needs to get over it already. I'm sure ESPN and others are trying to add fuel to the fire, but he made his choice, Culpepper made his, just move on. I'm sure Childress is going to be a great coach for the Vikes, but I guess as a new head coach you have to puff out your chest and let everyone know you're the boss. Also another point in regards to the money thing, here's a snippet from Miami Herald article:

Culpepper doesn't dispute that he asked for more money. But that's because he had fired his agent, Mason Ashe, and he was acting as his own agent. ''We had some conversations,'' Culpepper said of his relationship with Childress. ``But I never really talked to him as a football player. I was talking to him as my agent. And I don't think they understood that.
'We never got that far to talk about this and that and I asked for a playbook one time and for whatever reason, I didn't get it. That in itself, you look at it and ask, `What's going on?' ''
Herald Article (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14128063.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football)

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Childress needs to get over it already. I'm sure ESPN and others are trying to add fuel to the fire, but he made his choice, Culpepper made his, just move on. As far as his salary, he's his own agent and helped adjust his contract to help out the team. I guess as a new head coach you have to puff out your chest and let everyone know you're the boss. Also another point in regards to the money thing, here's a snippet from Miami Herald article:

Herald Article (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/14128063.htm?source=rss&channel=miamiherald_football)

Oh cut the love fest. Had you outbid for brees instead of taking the cheap route and getting pepp, you would be ripping pepp as well.

You guys in the backs of your mind are wondering what Peppers you got. The record setting one, or the one you saw last year without Moss. And you are praying he doesn't pull his normal act in the locker room.

dplus47
03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Oh cut the love fest. Had you outbid for brees instead of taking the cheap route and getting pepp, you would be ripping pepp as well.

You guys in the backs of your mind are wondering what Peppers you got. The record setting one, or the one you saw last year without Moss. And you are praying he doesn't pull his normal act in the locker room.

is this another one of those threads where everyone has to agree? how fun.

i don't buy into the team-dividing thing, and any culpepper is better than anybody the phins have had in a long time. his completion percentage alone is impressive.

!Papacrunk!
03-20-2006, 07:08 PM

We didn't sign Brees and am I ripping him? What's Culpepper's "normal act," have you frequented the Vikings locker room the past 6-7 years? I really don't recall any locker room heat with Culpepper and the team in the past, please enlighten me with many examples, since it seems like there has been so many.
Brees will probably do quite well in NO, he could've done well for us in Miami, but it wasn't the right situation for the team, I've accepted that and moved on. We don't have Randy Moss on our team, but we have a guy that has been "decent" (I think Sage helped out in that game,) a "decent" TE, and a RB that isn't too shabby either. Even for a message board a lot of these situations and conversations are quite meaningless until each QB has played a full 16 games. After having a team that has been mildly competitive w/ really great back up QBs over the years, you'd understand the lovefest.

Mr. Miyagi
03-20-2006, 09:01 PM
Childress needs to get over it already. I'm sure ESPN and others are trying to add fuel to the fire, but he made his choice, Culpepper made his, just move on. I'm sure Childress is going to be a great coach for the Vikes, but I guess as a new head coach you have to puff out your chest and let everyone know you're the boss. Also another point in regards to the money thing, here's a snippet from Miami Herald article:

:homer:

feelthepain
03-20-2006, 09:16 PM

Love fest??? You mean like the one you have with JP?? What are we suposed to do hate every player that joins the Fins because they weren't our first choice?? If you look at all Daunte has done in the NFL he is sharing or owns records with some of the best to ever play the game. As time goes by we learn things about Daunte we didn't know before the trade...it's encouraging!!!

You need to deal with the fact that Miami has a QB that has lit up the league and has three pro bowls in his career. He's not your run of the mill QB. We wanted Brees becuause he was a FA and we were told his injury wasn't that bad...now we find out that may not be true and we also find out he didn't pass our physical. All of this was not none before the deal for Pep. We now know Pep is much closer to being ready to play and Pep wanted to be in Miami because he wants to win not because we offered him the most money. Don't ignore the fact to try to make it seem like we all of a sudden changed our minds.

You guys in the backs of your mind are wondering what Peppers you got. The record setting one, or the one you saw last year without Moss.

And you're wondering how long it will be before JP is exposed, what kind of BS you gonna spew if he's traded??You gonna hate JP if he gets traded and jump on the "Craig Nall is the best QB in the league because he's a Bill bandwagon"??

!Papacrunk!
03-20-2006, 09:52 PM
:homer:
So if that's Homer with a capital H, does that make me extra special, if so AWSEOMER!

LtFinFan66
03-20-2006, 10:31 PM
Considering Daute restructured to sign with the Fins....I think it is just sour grapes and a coach trying to make it seem like they did the right thing. I doubt Viking fans are that dumb. Jet fans yes....Vikings no!

tat2dmike77
03-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Considering Daute restructured to sign with the Fins....I think it is just sour grapes and a coach trying to make it seem like they did the right thing. I doubt Viking fans are that dumb. Jet fans yes....Vikings no!

I dunno the color purple can make you do dumb stuff just ask this guy

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B000002L68.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

LtFinFan66
03-20-2006, 10:39 PM
:snicker2:

Nublar7
03-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Hopefully this has some truth. A soon divided Miami lockerroom??You wish.

Childress is just bitter about losing a star QB. All this talk from him is just damage control to try and make it look like Miami didn't rape the Vikings. He can talk all he wants, but he basicly just handed a top 5 QB to Miami. Watch out Buffalo!

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 11:11 PM

how can you sanely accuse ANY other team in the National Football League of taking the "cheap route" ???