• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

More sirius info on Bills QB situation

Per another board...

John Riggins is reporting that he heard Holcomb is the odd man out.

• patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: More sirius info on Bills QB situation

This changes every damn hour.

Not talking against you, you're just reporting a statement.

But this is getting more ridiculous by the hour.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

It also makes sense after the press coming out..

Further signaling their intentions of throwing open the starting quarterback job for offseason competition, the Buffalo Bills have added a third candidate to the mix, reaching agreement with unrestricted free agent Craig Nall on a three-year contract.

He wants a chance to compete, but would be ok with being a #2 (Saw that in another article) He just doesn't want to be stuck behind as a #3 anymore.

This lends more credance to a 3 wide, 1 back set that uses the pass to set up the run.

By God we may suck....but we will be exciting!

Comment

• kinigirly
        • Sep 2005

i like holcomb, as a backup. he is great to come in to relieve or take a game or 2 because of injuries. but after about 3 games in a row he loses his cool and his old legs start showing rust. i hope he sticks around as a solid backup

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

If we're going to become the 1999 Rams then we need more receiving threats.. Evans is solid but he's going to be blanketed.. Josh Reed can't catch a cold and Andre Davis makes Rob Johnson look like Ironman. Roscoe Parrish gets knocked over by the wind come December.

Dude, dont make me start on the VErnon Davis kick again, I'll SO do it!

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kinigirly
            i like holcomb, as a backup. he is great to come in to relieve or take a game or 2 because of injuries. but after about 3 games in a row he loses his cool and his old legs start showing rust. i hope he sticks around as a solid backup
            But the problem Kini is he doesn't want to be a backup and will never accept being one. He caused problems in cleveland and has done so here in the locker room. He is a locker room Lawyer. He will keep lawyering until he has the locker room on his side to be a starter.

Ship is arse outta here

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

He's either starting or he'll be gone... I dont see him beating out JP if he's here, though Jauron is used to dealing with bums at QB from Chicago..

The ONLY scenario I can see Holcomb a Bill at this point in 2006 after signing Nall is if they did draft Young or Cutler and had Holcomb start for a year while the rookie learned. He'd then be gone in 2007 and Nall would the #2 guy.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                He's either starting or he'll be gone... I dont see him beating out JP if he's here, though Jauron is used to dealing with bums at QB from Chicago..

The ONLY scenario I can see Holcomb a Bill at this point in 2006 after signing Nall is if they did draft Young or Cutler and had Holcomb start for a year while the rookie learned. He'd then be gone in 2007 and Nall would the #2 guy.
                They draft that over hyped moron from TexASS and I am done. He is a fuggin moron and overhyped as hell.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

You like to compare him to Michael Vick but I dont think he's anything like him, with the exception neither are very intelligent off a football field.

Young is a proven winner and general. THough he can and often does run, he does have a better arm than people think and hes extemely accurate. I believe he had one of the highest if not the highest passing rating in the country.. Rushing stats dont matter in passer ratings.

He has poise and for 60 minutes nothing seems to bother him on the football field. I think he's going to eventually be a top five QB for some team in the league, predicing Arizona.

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    You like to compare him to Michael Vick but I dont think he's anything like him, with the exception neither are very intelligent off a football field.

Young is a proven winner and general. THough he can and often does run, he does have a better arm than people think and hes extemely accurate. I believe he had one of the highest if not the highest passing rating in the country.. Rushing stats dont matter in passer ratings.

He has poise and for 60 minutes nothing seems to bother him on the football field. I think he's going to eventually be a top five QB for some team in the league, predicing Arizona.
                    I have never compared him to Vick. And He is NOT a proven winner and general. OU owned his ass until this year and it took us starting 17 freshmen and peterson being out for them to win!

You don't think things bother him on the field? Pull up some old tapes against OU and see how fast he throws his helmet down.

Bottom line....OVER HYPED, Not worth a first round pick and he WILL be a bust. Someone will spend too much time on him just like aaron brooks.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

I heard same thing. That Holcumb was going to be released with a late round pick on a rookie QB for 3rd job.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Young Vs OU with a full team...

03 8 for 23 86 yards 0/0

04 11/21 135 0/2

Passing TD's and Int's in 03 6/7

In 04................................... 11/10

03 Holiday bowl stats... 6 for 14 15 yards 0/0.

15 yards passing?

But I am sure the retort will be 'But ICE he can run'. Yeah he can...but he isn't a michael vick and isn't as smart as vick. Overhyped first round bust to be.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
                          I heard same thing. That Holcumb was going to be released with a late round pick on a rookie QB for 3rd job.
                          Let us pray....

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

oh, what the ****..

so we just went from trading jp to cutting holcombe?

you have to be kidding me.

sports radio shows are a joke.. all speculation to have something to talk about.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

All we are saying ............... is give JP a chance ..................

All we are saying ............... is give JP a chance ..................
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X