PDA

View Full Version : More sirius info on Bills QB situation

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Per another board...

John Riggins is reporting that he heard Holcomb is the odd man out.

:grovel:

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:22 PM
This changes every damn hour.

Not talking against you, you're just reporting a statement.

But this is getting more ridiculous by the hour.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:23 PM
It also makes sense after the press coming out..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2376548

He wants a chance to compete, but would be ok with being a #2 (Saw that in another article) He just doesn't want to be stuck behind as a #3 anymore.

This lends more credance to a 3 wide, 1 back set that uses the pass to set up the run.

By God we may suck....but we will be exciting!

kinigirly
03-20-2006, 06:28 PM
i like holcomb, as a backup. he is great to come in to relieve or take a game or 2 because of injuries. but after about 3 games in a row he loses his cool and his old legs start showing rust. i hope he sticks around as a solid backup

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:29 PM
If we're going to become the 1999 Rams then we need more receiving threats.. Evans is solid but he's going to be blanketed.. Josh Reed can't catch a cold and Andre Davis makes Rob Johnson look like Ironman. Roscoe Parrish gets knocked over by the wind come December.

Dude, dont make me start on the VErnon Davis kick again, I'll SO do it!

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:30 PM
i like holcomb, as a backup. he is great to come in to relieve or take a game or 2 because of injuries. but after about 3 games in a row he loses his cool and his old legs start showing rust. i hope he sticks around as a solid backup

But the problem Kini is he doesn't want to be a backup and will never accept being one. He caused problems in cleveland and has done so here in the locker room. He is a locker room Lawyer. He will keep lawyering until he has the locker room on his side to be a starter.

Ship is arse outta here

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:33 PM
He's either starting or he'll be gone... I dont see him beating out JP if he's here, though Jauron is used to dealing with bums at QB from Chicago..

The ONLY scenario I can see Holcomb a Bill at this point in 2006 after signing Nall is if they did draft Young or Cutler and had Holcomb start for a year while the rookie learned. He'd then be gone in 2007 and Nall would the #2 guy.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:35 PM
He's either starting or he'll be gone... I dont see him beating out JP if he's here, though Jauron is used to dealing with bums at QB from Chicago..

The ONLY scenario I can see Holcomb a Bill at this point in 2006 after signing Nall is if they did draft Young or Cutler and had Holcomb start for a year while the rookie learned. He'd then be gone in 2007 and Nall would the #2 guy.

They draft that over hyped moron from TexASS and I am done. He is a fuggin moron and overhyped as hell.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 06:39 PM
You like to compare him to Michael Vick but I dont think he's anything like him, with the exception neither are very intelligent off a football field.

Young is a proven winner and general. THough he can and often does run, he does have a better arm than people think and hes extemely accurate. I believe he had one of the highest if not the highest passing rating in the country.. Rushing stats dont matter in passer ratings.

He has poise and for 60 minutes nothing seems to bother him on the football field. I think he's going to eventually be a top five QB for some team in the league, predicing Arizona.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:43 PM
You like to compare him to Michael Vick but I dont think he's anything like him, with the exception neither are very intelligent off a football field.

Young is a proven winner and general. THough he can and often does run, he does have a better arm than people think and hes extemely accurate. I believe he had one of the highest if not the highest passing rating in the country.. Rushing stats dont matter in passer ratings.

He has poise and for 60 minutes nothing seems to bother him on the football field. I think he's going to eventually be a top five QB for some team in the league, predicing Arizona.

I have never compared him to Vick. And He is NOT a proven winner and general. OU owned his ass until this year and it took us starting 17 freshmen and peterson being out for them to win!

You don't think things bother him on the field? Pull up some old tapes against OU and see how fast he throws his helmet down.

Bottom line....OVER HYPED, Not worth a first round pick and he WILL be a bust. Someone will spend too much time on him just like aaron brooks.

SquishDaFish
03-20-2006, 06:51 PM
I heard same thing. That Holcumb was going to be released with a late round pick on a rookie QB for 3rd job.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:54 PM
Young Vs OU with a full team...

03 8 for 23 86 yards 0/0

04 11/21 135 0/2

Passing TD's and Int's in 03 6/7

In 04................................... 11/10

03 Holiday bowl stats... 6 for 14 15 yards 0/0.

15 yards passing?

But I am sure the retort will be 'But ICE he can run'. Yeah he can...but he isn't a michael vick and isn't as smart as vick. Overhyped first round bust to be.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 06:54 PM
I heard same thing. That Holcumb was going to be released with a late round pick on a rookie QB for 3rd job.

Let us pray....

Tatonka
03-20-2006, 07:07 PM
oh, what the ****..

so we just went from trading jp to cutting holcombe?

you have to be kidding me.

sports radio shows are a joke.. all speculation to have something to talk about.

Philagape
03-20-2006, 07:17 PM
All we are saying ............... is give JP a chance ..................

All we are saying ............... is give JP a chance ..................

Mahdi
03-20-2006, 07:24 PM
The release of Holcomb actually makes sense considering this article:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Craig Nall agreed to a three-year contract with Buffalo, believing the Bills will give him the best shot as a backup quarterback.

The Bills' starting job is up for grabs after journeyman Kelly Holcomb and J.P. Losman, the second of Buffalo's two 2004 draft picks, were inconsistent in splitting duties last year. First-year coach Dick Jauron said he hopes to determine his starter by the beginning of training camp in late July.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-nall&prov=ap&type=lgns

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 07:28 PM
The release of Holcomb actually makes sense considering this article:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) -- Craig Nall agreed to a three-year contract with Buffalo, believing the Bills will give him the best shot as a backup quarterback.

The Bills' starting job is up for grabs after journeyman Kelly Holcomb and J.P. Losman, the second of Buffalo's two 2004 draft picks, were inconsistent in splitting duties last year. First-year coach Dick Jauron said he hopes to determine his starter by the beginning of training camp in late July.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-nall&prov=ap&type=lgns

I dont see that pointing clearly to a Holcomb release.

TacklingDummy
03-20-2006, 07:32 PM

Yeah sure, the Bills are gonna go into next year with 3 guys with 13 games of NFL experience combined.

I doubt highly JP or Holcomb are going anywhere this year.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Young Vs OU with a full team...

03 8 for 23 86 yards 0/0

04 11/21 135 0/2

Passing TD's and Int's in 03 6/7

In 04................................... 11/10

03 Holiday bowl stats... 6 for 14 15 yards 0/0.

15 yards passing?

But I am sure the retort will be 'But ICE he can run'. Yeah he can...but he isn't a michael vick and isn't as smart as vick. Overhyped first round bust to be.

Bowen is a starter in 2003.. Nall top rated quarterback in NFL Europe in 2003.. Now you're reciting Young stats from a SINGLE football game in 2003..

WHAT IS YOUR OBSESSION WITH THE YEAR 2003? Was it a good year for you?

Mahdi
03-20-2006, 07:42 PM
I dont see that pointing clearly to a Holcomb release.
Well if you consider the fact that Nall signed thinking he had a stong shot at the number 2 job,,,and the fact that JP has way more upside than Holcomb, then, it does point more to Holcomb being released than JP. But its all speculation anyway.

FlyingDutchman
03-20-2006, 07:42 PM
doesnt holcomb still have like 3 years left? theres no way we're releasing him

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
Bowen is a starter in 2003.. Nall top rated quarterback in NFL Europe in 2003.. Now you're reciting Young stats from a SINGLE football game in 2003..

WHAT IS YOUR OBSESSION WITH THE YEAR 2003? Was it a good year for you?

If you care to read, and I know you don't, the game in 04 is there against OU as well as his bowl performance in 03.

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 07:57 PM
If you care to read, and I know you don't, the game in 04 is there against OU as well as his bowl performance in 03.

Really. WEll how about these "numbers".

Both by the way happen to be in the ROSE BOWL against Powerhouse teams, on the grandest stage of them all, Pasedena.

2005 Rose Bowl
16 for 28 for 180 yard and a TD.. Oh yeah, and 21 carries for 192 yards and FOUR TD's as Texas beats Michigan, 38-37 to win the 2005 Rose Bowl.. Young led Texas to 17 fourth quarter points and scored on three touchdowns of his own AFTER half-time..

2006 Rose Bowl
30 for 40 (75% completion) for 267 yards. He also ran 19 times for 200 yards, including a 8-yard TD on 4th and 5 with 19 seconds as Texas defeats #1 USC to win the National championship.

Again, this is the ROSE BOWL.. Not games against Appalachian State.

Your right Ice... He sounds like he has BUST written all over him to me as well..

Kerr
03-20-2006, 08:01 PM
I find it hard to believe Marv would regress the qb position by trading away losman for a 3rd string reject qb from green bay or another rookie qb.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-20-2006, 08:15 PM
But the problem Kini is he doesn't want to be a backup and will never accept being one. He caused problems in cleveland and has done so here in the locker room. He is a locker room Lawyer. He will keep lawyering until he has the locker room on his side to be a starter.

Ship is arse outta here

You nailed it Ice. If Holcombe could be Reich-esque and keep in his place and not turn the locker room into a washington lobbying cloakroom then I'd love to keep him around. but the guy is poison off the field.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 08:17 PM

Both by the way happen to be in the ROSE BOWL against Powerhouse teams, on the grandest stage of them all, Pasedena.

2005 Rose Bowl
16 for 28 for 180 yard and a TD.. Oh yeah, and 21 carries for 192 yards and FOUR TD's as Texas beats Michigan, 38-37 to win the 2005 Rose Bowl.. Young led Texas to 17 fourth quarter points and scored on three touchdowns of his own AFTER half-time..

2006 Rose Bowl
30 for 40 (75% completion) for 267 yards. He also ran 19 times for 200 yards, including a 8-yard TD on 4th and 5 with 19 seconds as Texas defeats #1 USC to win the National championship.

Your right Ice... He sounds like he has BUST written all over him to me as well..

Yes bust. He can't THROW against good teams. You know the thing you have to do in the NFL. Sorry your boy is going to suck.

Bill Cody
03-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I find it hard to believe Marv would regress the qb position by trading away losman for a 3rd string reject qb from green bay or another rookie qb.

:roflmao:

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 08:20 PM

I am shocked at you. Of all the people here I would think you would look at who he played for, was behind, the numbers he has put up when allowed to play. The kid has hassleback etal written all over him.

I know some are ripping on him being an NFLE top guy, but several top QB's went through that. Again....Jake Delhome. I said the same thing about him as you guys are saying about nall. Hell delhome went to NFLE TWICE before becoming the panthers QB.

Nall has had 4 seasons and one trip to NFLE. it is about time for him to break out.

Will he? Who knows but I know this, he will be no worse than a great #2 and sure as hell is better than fuggin holcomb

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 08:20 PM
:roflmao: Doesn't your boyfriend play for the Cowboys now? Go find that board.

muestafa1
03-20-2006, 08:30 PM
My biggest gripe with Holcolmb was that despite being "experienced" he doesn't always exhibit that experience on the field (ie. the Patriots game this year, where it is 4th and 7 and he throws a swing pass to Moulds for no gain to turn the ball over on downs). If I'm keeping an experienced quarterback who can't make the down field passes or scramble like younger, more athletic QBs, I need him to at the very least make the smart plays and keep his head in the game.

Kerr
03-20-2006, 08:44 PM
I am shocked at you. Of all the people here I would think you would look at who he played for, was behind, the numbers he has put up when allowed to play. The kid has hassleback etal written all over him.

I know some are ripping on him being an NFLE top guy, but several top QB's went through that. Again....Jake Delhome. I said the same thing about him as you guys are saying about nall. Hell delhome went to NFLE TWICE before becoming the panthers QB.

Nall has had 4 seasons and one trip to NFLE. it is about time for him to break out.

Will he? Who knows but I know this, he will be no worse than a great #2 and sure as hell is better than fuggin holcomb

ICE, from all scouting reports i've seen the guy has a weak arm. If he's going to be the "qb of the future" for this team, he better grow a stronger arm because he's not leading a school of vermeil offense with that weak arm.
At this point he's no better than holcomb, unless you're consdering age.
As for those impressive stats of his in '04. The pack only won 1 of 4 in those games he played. Seems like he picked up garbage time stats in those losses and went up against a pre-fantastic bears team in '04 in the last game of the season in the only win the team got in which he played.

YardRat
03-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Where did all this stuff about Holcomb being poison in the locker room come from?

The_Philster
03-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Where did all this stuff about Holcomb being poison in the locker room come from?
I was wondering that one myself :huh:

Iehoshua
03-20-2006, 08:47 PM
No tears will be shed here if Holcomb departs.
:bigwave:

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Doesn't your boyfriend play for the Cowboys now? Go find that board.

talk about personal attacks...

patmoran2006
03-20-2006, 08:52 PM
<TABLE class=tborder id=post1406832 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 width=175>ICE74129 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=4630) <!-- v3 Arcade -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/arcade/trophy.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=4630) <!-- /v3 Arcade --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1406832", true); </SCRIPT>
<!-- vbPlaza start -->Registered User
<!-- vbPlaza end -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/buttons/golddonor.gif

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar4630_1.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=4630)

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_1406832><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100%" align=left><!-- icon and title -->Re: More sirius info on Bills QB situation
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by patmoran2006

2005 Rose Bowl

2006 Rose Bowl

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->
Yes bust. He can't THROW against good teams. You know the thing you have to do in the NFL. Sorry your boy is going to suck.

And you know he can't throw in the NFL? HIs arm is stronger than more than half the starting QB's in the NFL, including Brees, Pennington, Frye, Simms, Brad Johnson, Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, Mark Brunnel.. Do you want me to continue?

Bill Cody
03-20-2006, 08:56 PM
Doesn't your boyfriend play for the Cowboys now? Go find that board.

No thanks.:blowkiss:

Iehoshua
03-20-2006, 08:58 PM
No thanks.:blowkiss:
DBF is a girl?
:shocked:

Jaybird
03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
holcomb doesnt give u much he can manage a game is it really the end of the world if hes gone? Hey patmoran dont hate on roscoe he came halfway through last season due to injury and he wasnt used properly, Ive seen what he can do in college, just get the ball in his hands. Everett at tight end could also help out our offence, yes he was a third round pick but thats ony cause he came out early but he showed lots of promise. coaching staff at UM said he could be more productive then shockey and winsllow!!!!

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
<table class="tborder" id="post1406832" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt2" width="175">ICE74129 (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=4630) <!-- v3 Arcade -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/arcade/trophy.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=4630) <!-- /v3 Arcade --><script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1406832", true); </script>
<!-- vbPlaza start -->Registered User
<!-- vbPlaza end -->http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/images/buttons/golddonor.gif

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/customavatars/avatar4630_1.gif (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/member.php?u=4630)

</td><td class="alt1" id="td_post_1406832"><table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" style="font-weight: normal; font-size: 10px; width: 100%;" align="left"><!-- icon and title -->Re: More sirius info on Bills QB situation
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<hr style="color: rgb(243, 243, 255);" size="1"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;">Originally Posted by patmoran2006

2005 Rose Bowl

2006 Rose Bowl

<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

And you know he can't throw in the NFL? HIs arm is stronger than more than half the starting QB's in the NFL, including Brees, Pennington, Frye, Simms, Brad Johnson, Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, Mark Brunnel.. Do you want me to continue?

Really? I never saw it. He didn't work out at the combine either. Want to know why? HE CAN'T MAKE THE REQUIRED THROWS! Mike Mayock even said so. MANY great concerns on this guy.

He will be a bust.

ICE74129
03-20-2006, 09:05 PM
ICE, from all scouting reports i've seen the guy has a weak arm. If he's going to be the "qb of the future" for this team, he better grow a stronger arm because he's not leading a school of vermeil offense with that weak arm.
At this point he's no better than holcomb, unless you're consdering age.
As for those impressive stats of his in '04. The pack only won 1 of 4 in those games he played. Seems like he picked up garbage time stats in those losses and went up against a pre-fantastic bears team in '04 in the last game of the season in the only win the team got in which he played.

Huh? The guy has a cannon.

Nighthawk
03-20-2006, 09:05 PM
I hate the thought of Holcomb as the Bills starter...JUST SAY NO!

Philagape
03-20-2006, 10:05 PM
I was wondering that one myself :huh:

me too

Bill Cody
03-20-2006, 10:18 PM
DBF is a girl?
:shocked:

Nah, I think Ice was just trolling for dates but I don't swing that way.:snicker: