PDA

View Full Version : Drew in Hawaii

justasportsfan
02-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Hope he likes eating spam.

"It feels great," said Bledsoe, whom the Bills acquired in April in exchange for a first-round pick in this year's draft. "To go through some personal adversity and move onto a new place, and then to get voted back over here, yeah, it's very personally gratifying."

However, Bledsoe is the first to acknowledge that it took plenty of help for him to return to the NFL's annual all-star game. That was why he reached into his wallet to make certain that besides the Bills' three other Pro Bowlers -- offensive guard Ruben Brown , receiver Eric Moulds, and running back Travis Henry -- the Buffalo contingent also included the rest of the offensive line and offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride.

http://www.nfl.com/insider/story/6163110

justasportsfan
02-01-2003, 10:46 PM
Ruben Brown:
"I think it's more inspirational than anything to have our team leader here, and, really, in impressive fashion," Brown said. "He's done a great job with a resurgent career. And we've got quite a few guys that he brought over. I told them, 'Look, Drew got himself here, he brought us here, and he's going to take us further.'

I'll take his comments over wys' stats any day :D

Jeff 311
02-01-2003, 11:55 PM
good to see a class act like him in hawaii

venis2k1
02-02-2003, 12:11 AM
http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6163515.jpg

Looks good too.

BADTHINGSMAN
02-02-2003, 12:33 AM
I heard Drew bought The Bills offensive Lineman tickets to Hawaii for Pro-Bowl, Is there any truth to that?

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-02-2003, 02:10 AM
He bought tickets for his OL and Steve Kragthorpe. Then SK bolted for some college team.

shelby
02-02-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6163515.jpg

Looks good too.
:hungry:

Bufftp
02-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Ruben Brown:
"I think it's more inspirational than anything to have our team leader here, and, really, in impressive fashion," Brown said. "He's done a great job with a resurgent career. And we've got quite a few guys that he brought over. I told them, 'Look, Drew got himself here, he brought us here, and he's going to take us further.'

I'll take his comments over wys' stats any day :D
talk about motivating his o-line to have pro-bowl years next year! Go Drew!
O.K. time to put my head back in the sand. ;)

justasportsfan
02-02-2003, 12:59 PM
"but the reason they brought me in there is because they want me to be part of a Super Bowl team."

"When we go on and win ourselves a Super Bowl there in Buffalo," he said, "that'll be the ultimate justification for the trade."

Word to your mommy

mybills
02-02-2003, 01:29 PM
That picture makes him look like a dork! :D

I'll bet he gets sacked at least 6 times, too! :evil:

justasportsfan
02-02-2003, 01:37 PM
You're thinking about the other no. 11 who just handed a SB ring.

They both have no 11. They both hold on to the ball longer than they should. They both look for the big plays and gets sacked a lot. Most of all they both got a SB ring sitting on the bench.

mybills
02-02-2003, 01:45 PM
true, justa, but normally Drew looks better than RJ, just not in that picture! lol..he really looks dorky! :D

Doc
02-02-2003, 02:22 PM
If not for Bledsoe (and the refs and the NFL), the Pats wouldn't have a SB ring. He saved their season when he took over for a useless and then injured Tom Brady in the AFCCG.

justasportsfan
02-03-2003, 10:12 AM
Based on the article, seems to me he implied rather than keep looking for the big plays, they are lloking to incorporate short passes next year. They better. Drew was quite successful throwing to the TE's last night.

venis2k1
02-03-2003, 12:27 PM
Yea, when the TEs are Tony Gonzolez

Voltron
02-04-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
Yea, when the TEs are Tony Gonzolez

:lol: Great point!