X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bmax
    • Aug 2003

Could Kenyatta walker be coming in ?

Thought i heard it on channel 2 at 11pm..Anybody else hear it ? Tampa bay Buc- RT

Bmax
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Could Kenyatta walker be coming in ?

He's in Atlanta today, and Tampa is bringing in people to look at as possible replacements in the expectation that he's going elsewhere.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Jeff1220
      H to the 12:20
      • Jul 2002

Didn't a lot of people bug out on this board (or was it the other one) when TD passed on Walker and traded down to take Nate? It would be sort of funny if we still got him after all that.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I"ve thought of him.

To the best of my knowledge, Tampa Bay isnt really interested in resigning in him because of performance over money. I dont think he played very well for Gruden as they've brought in many tackles for interviews recently, including Fabini and Ashworth.

That being said, since I'm resigned to knowing Ralph will never pay market money for a player like Runyan, I'd like to see him come to town. He's probably the next best tackle after Runyan in a ridiculously thin crop to begin with.

It's looking more likely everyday from the people we're bringing in (Fabini is the only tackle I know of that has actually visited) that either Gandy will be starting again next year or a rookie will be.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          I"ve thought of him.

That being said, since I'm resigned to knowing Ralph will never pay market money for a player like Runyan,
          Prove it. Call up OBD and get copies of the contracts they offered or were going to offer to Fabini, Pickett etc. I'd like to see this cheapness myself.

And again...you dont throw a contract at a guy then he comes to town. He comes here FIRST THEN you talk contract. Funny how no one is in a hurry to sign runyan. Hummmmm....

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
            Prove it. Call up OBD and get copies of the contracts they offered or were going to offer to Fabini, Pickett etc. I'd like to see this cheapness myself.

And again...you dont throw a contract at a guy then he comes to town. He comes here FIRST THEN you talk contract. Funny how no one is in a hurry to sign runyan. Hummmmm....
            lol its only 8am and there you go already .. Prove it.. "OK, Dragnet"

What does Fabini or Pickett have anything to do with this thread??? You'd like to see this cheapness yourself?? Ralph Wilson isn't cheap.. OK

Dude you change your mind every 15 minutes..

You know that nobody wants to sign Runyan how? Ahh, the same that you know that Kelly Holcomb is a "locker room lawyer" and a "poison to the clubhouse".

Not going to waste time with you.. I also think it's HILARIOUS that you have more "positive rep' than anybody on this board, yet you LITERALLY are regarded by a VAST majority as having the football intelligence of.. "no comment"

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

lol its only 8am and there you go already .. Prove it.. "OK, Dragnet"

What does Fabini or Pickett have anything to do with this thread??? You'd like to see this cheapness yourself?? Ralph Wilson isn't cheap.. OK

Dude you change your mind every 15 minutes..

You know that nobody wants to sign Runyan how?

Not going to waste time with you.. I also think it's HILARIOUS that you have more "positive rep' than anybody on this board, yet you LITERALLY are regarded by a VAST majority as having the football intelligence of.. "no comment"
              last I checked a majority is more than you, Skoob and GR8. Again did you notice how many and how fast posters proved you wrong last night? That doesn't happen to me.

Now that your newest attack on the poster has been reported, we can get back to the post.

You claim ralph is cheap and that is why this guy or that guy isn't brought in. Prove it. You act as if it is fact and post MANY versions of the same opinion with no fact at all to back up your opinion.

Runyan, who has brought the guy in? I doubt many will offer up a an aged RT with an attitude a contract then bring him in. Ok you offer it and he signs it then is a total arse and not worth a damn on your roster. Then what? You never offer up a contract first. Bring the guy in, interview him, make sure he is the right fit for you, can pass a physical etc. THEN offer the contract.

And we have guys to play right tackle. Peters did just fine there last year. Gandy can go there if need be. We can draft a good one in the 3rd round. Let Peters play RT again this year, draft a guy and let him get some reps to step in next year when you move Peters to LT if mcnally feels he is ready. Why pay for an Old RT with an attitude?

"Ahh, the same that you know that Kelly Holcomb is a "locker room lawyer" and a "poison to the clubhouse". Because I got it directly from players in the locker room. He isn't as beloved as some think.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

That being said, since I'm resigned to knowing Ralph will never pay market money for a player like Runyan, I'd like to see him come to town. He's probably the next best tackle after Runyan in a ridiculously thin crop to begin with.
                Spikes.
                Posey.
                Adams.
                Moulds.
                Fletcher.
                Milloy.
                Lindell.

All got decent to big contracts from Ralph. So to say Ralph will 'never' pay money is wrong.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Why Walker? He's better than Anderson...I guess.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

The only issue that's relevant to me is whether or not Walker is better than Gandy. I rather doubt it. Gandy is not the best LT in the league by a long shot, but he is also far from the worst LT. Buffalo paid big money for years to John Fina at LT and he wasn't that good. I donh't think I would be that interested.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      last I checked a majority is more than you, Skoob and GR8. Again did you notice how many and how fast posters proved you wrong last night? That doesn't happen to me.

Now that your newest attack on the poster has been reported, we can get back to the post.

You claim ralph is cheap and that is why this guy or that guy isn't brought in. Prove it. You act as if it is fact and post MANY versions of the same opinion with no fact at all to back up your opinion.

Runyan, who has brought the guy in? I doubt many will offer up a an aged RT with an attitude a contract then bring him in. Ok you offer it and he signs it then is a total arse and not worth a damn on your roster. Then what? You never offer up a contract first. Bring the guy in, interview him, make sure he is the right fit for you, can pass a physical etc. THEN offer the contract.

And we have guys to play right tackle. Peters did just fine there last year. Gandy can go there if need be. We can draft a good one in the 3rd round. Let Peters play RT again this year, draft a guy and let him get some reps to step in next year when you move Peters to LT if mcnally feels he is ready. Why pay for an Old RT with an attitude?

"Ahh, the same that you know that Kelly Holcomb is a "locker room lawyer" and a "poison to the clubhouse". Because I got it directly from players in the locker room. He isn't as beloved as some think.
                      Do you have the mental capacity to discuss football and not worry about "reporting' or "spam" or "tos"? I seriously doubt that.

People dont correct anything you say, because you never have anything to say.. You are a walking talking, Buffalo Bills press release from OBD. Nothing more, nothing less and everybody knows this.

On the few occassions you recite something that isnt directly off the BB website (which you're banned from btw, arent you), your "opinions' are "weird".. From Bentley's "played on a crap team and didnt make them better, how could can he be" to the Buffalo "cost of living" being a major factor on Free Agents not coming here to Vince Young's already "a bust" to the best one yet earlier today. "Tom Brady is good because of the system" rubberish.

The fact that your "rep" is higher than 99% of the people on this board, including numerous people who can actually express an opinion and write something of mert (I won't name names, I dont have to be a total kiss A$$ like yourself) speaks volumes about the validity of what a rep really is.

A real "rep" is being asked by several members who RUN this website to be a key contributing writer to Billszone. Not a human press release like yourself and some green dots below your signature that you and a few "mafia family" members control.

That's not a "personal attack".. Those are facts.

Am i perfect? Absolutely not. My post from yesterday regarding the New England Patriots offensive line yesterday was incorrect. I'll be the first to admit it.

But more times than not what I have to say is provided with facts and provokes thought. The majority of what you say, that isnt a cut and paste job from another site, makes people simply shake their head. A lot just wont admit it publicly (though more than a few will anyway).. The reason: They actually care about those little green dots.. I do not.

I would discuss Jon Runyan further with you, but why bother. Since he's aging and garbage and from the sounds of your "remarks' there doesnt appear to be a team a team in the league much interested in him... I digress.

Comment

• EDS
                        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                        The only issue that's relevant to me is whether or not Walker is better than Gandy. I rather doubt it. Gandy is not the best LT in the league by a long shot, but he is also far from the worst LT. Buffalo paid big money for years to John Fina at LT and he wasn't that good. I donh't think I would be that interested.
                        Agreed.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          Spikes.
                          Posey.
                          Adams.
                          Moulds.
                          Fletcher.
                          Milloy.
                          Lindell.

All got decent to big contracts from Ralph. So to say Ralph will 'never' pay money is wrong.
                          Good point...
                          None of those are offensive linemen. TD though gone still doesn't escape criticism either.. Ralph paid money for those guys and got no playoff return on them. I have no doubts TD's neglect of the OL and lack of team wins because of it, has contributed to Wilson's cheapness as evidenced by our 2006 signings.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by TigerJ
                            Agreed... Gruden doesn't particuarly care for Walker either.. .. And Mike Gandy being the starting left tackle is indicative of why Buffalo is a 5-11 team. If It's not going to be Runyan and I'm resigned to us not paying him..

I'd rather draft a tackle than pay $3-4 millon a year to Walker.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                              Zero for Zero!
                              • Mar 2003

Gandy was adequate last year. I am not sure there is a better investment out there at tackle (other than Shaffer who gobbled up early) than Gandy. At his age and injury history (and cost), I really wonder if Runyon is a better buy.
                              Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X