PDA

View Full Version : Could Kenyatta walker be coming in ?

Bmax
03-21-2006, 03:42 AM
Thought i heard it on channel 2 at 11pm..Anybody else hear it ? Tampa bay Buc- RT

Bmax

YardRat
03-21-2006, 05:34 AM
He's in Atlanta today, and Tampa is bringing in people to look at as possible replacements in the expectation that he's going elsewhere.

Jeff1220
03-21-2006, 06:23 AM
Didn't a lot of people bug out on this board (or was it the other one) when TD passed on Walker and traded down to take Nate? It would be sort of funny if we still got him after all that.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 06:52 AM
I"ve thought of him.

To the best of my knowledge, Tampa Bay isnt really interested in resigning in him because of performance over money. I dont think he played very well for Gruden as they've brought in many tackles for interviews recently, including Fabini and Ashworth.

That being said, since I'm resigned to knowing Ralph will never pay market money for a player like Runyan, I'd like to see him come to town. He's probably the next best tackle after Runyan in a ridiculously thin crop to begin with.

It's looking more likely everyday from the people we're bringing in (Fabini is the only tackle I know of that has actually visited) that either Gandy will be starting again next year or a rookie will be.

ICE74129
03-21-2006, 07:01 AM
I"ve thought of him.

That being said, since I'm resigned to knowing Ralph will never pay market money for a player like Runyan,

Prove it. Call up OBD and get copies of the contracts they offered or were going to offer to Fabini, Pickett etc. I'd like to see this cheapness myself.

And again...you dont throw a contract at a guy then he comes to town. He comes here FIRST THEN you talk contract. Funny how no one is in a hurry to sign runyan. Hummmmm....

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Prove it. Call up OBD and get copies of the contracts they offered or were going to offer to Fabini, Pickett etc. I'd like to see this cheapness myself.

And again...you dont throw a contract at a guy then he comes to town. He comes here FIRST THEN you talk contract. Funny how no one is in a hurry to sign runyan. Hummmmm....

lol its only 8am and there you go already .. Prove it.. "OK, Dragnet"

What does Fabini or Pickett have anything to do with this thread??? You'd like to see this cheapness yourself?? Ralph Wilson isn't cheap.. OK

Dude you change your mind every 15 minutes..

You know that nobody wants to sign Runyan how? Ahh, the same that you know that Kelly Holcomb is a "locker room lawyer" and a "poison to the clubhouse".

Not going to waste time with you.. I also think it's HILARIOUS that you have more "positive rep' than anybody on this board, yet you LITERALLY are regarded by a VAST majority as having the football intelligence of.. "no comment"

ICE74129
03-21-2006, 07:26 AM
lol its only 8am and there you go already .. Prove it.. "OK, Dragnet"

What does Fabini or Pickett have anything to do with this thread??? You'd like to see this cheapness yourself?? Ralph Wilson isn't cheap.. OK

Dude you change your mind every 15 minutes..

You know that nobody wants to sign Runyan how?

Not going to waste time with you.. I also think it's HILARIOUS that you have more "positive rep' than anybody on this board, yet you LITERALLY are regarded by a VAST majority as having the football intelligence of.. "no comment"

last I checked a majority is more than you, Skoob and GR8. Again did you notice how many and how fast posters proved you wrong last night? That doesn't happen to me.

Now that your newest attack on the poster has been reported, we can get back to the post.

You claim ralph is cheap and that is why this guy or that guy isn't brought in. Prove it. You act as if it is fact and post MANY versions of the same opinion with no fact at all to back up your opinion.

Runyan, who has brought the guy in? I doubt many will offer up a an aged RT with an attitude a contract then bring him in. Ok you offer it and he signs it then is a total arse and not worth a damn on your roster. Then what? You never offer up a contract first. Bring the guy in, interview him, make sure he is the right fit for you, can pass a physical etc. THEN offer the contract.

And we have guys to play right tackle. Peters did just fine there last year. Gandy can go there if need be. We can draft a good one in the 3rd round. Let Peters play RT again this year, draft a guy and let him get some reps to step in next year when you move Peters to LT if mcnally feels he is ready. Why pay for an Old RT with an attitude?

"Ahh, the same that you know that Kelly Holcomb is a "locker room lawyer" and a "poison to the clubhouse". Because I got it directly from players in the locker room. He isn't as beloved as some think.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2006, 07:32 AM
That being said, since I'm resigned to knowing Ralph will never pay market money for a player like Runyan, I'd like to see him come to town. He's probably the next best tackle after Runyan in a ridiculously thin crop to begin with.

Spikes.
Posey.
Adams.
Moulds.
Fletcher.
Milloy.
Lindell.

All got decent to big contracts from Ralph. So to say Ralph will 'never' pay money is wrong.

Ebenezer
03-21-2006, 07:34 AM
Why Walker? He's better than Anderson...I guess.

TigerJ
03-21-2006, 07:43 AM
The only issue that's relevant to me is whether or not Walker is better than Gandy. I rather doubt it. Gandy is not the best LT in the league by a long shot, but he is also far from the worst LT. Buffalo paid big money for years to John Fina at LT and he wasn't that good. I donh't think I would be that interested.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 07:47 AM
last I checked a majority is more than you, Skoob and GR8. Again did you notice how many and how fast posters proved you wrong last night? That doesn't happen to me.

Now that your newest attack on the poster has been reported, we can get back to the post.

You claim ralph is cheap and that is why this guy or that guy isn't brought in. Prove it. You act as if it is fact and post MANY versions of the same opinion with no fact at all to back up your opinion.

Runyan, who has brought the guy in? I doubt many will offer up a an aged RT with an attitude a contract then bring him in. Ok you offer it and he signs it then is a total arse and not worth a damn on your roster. Then what? You never offer up a contract first. Bring the guy in, interview him, make sure he is the right fit for you, can pass a physical etc. THEN offer the contract.

And we have guys to play right tackle. Peters did just fine there last year. Gandy can go there if need be. We can draft a good one in the 3rd round. Let Peters play RT again this year, draft a guy and let him get some reps to step in next year when you move Peters to LT if mcnally feels he is ready. Why pay for an Old RT with an attitude?

"Ahh, the same that you know that Kelly Holcomb is a "locker room lawyer" and a "poison to the clubhouse". Because I got it directly from players in the locker room. He isn't as beloved as some think.

Do you have the mental capacity to discuss football and not worry about "reporting' or "spam" or "tos"? I seriously doubt that.

People dont correct anything you say, because you never have anything to say.. You are a walking talking, Buffalo Bills press release from OBD. Nothing more, nothing less and everybody knows this.

On the few occassions you recite something that isnt directly off the BB website (which you're banned from btw, arent you), your "opinions' are "weird".. From Bentley's "played on a crap team and didnt make them better, how could can he be" to the Buffalo "cost of living" being a major factor on Free Agents not coming here to Vince Young's already "a bust" to the best one yet earlier today. "Tom Brady is good because of the system" rubberish.

The fact that your "rep" is higher than 99% of the people on this board, including numerous people who can actually express an opinion and write something of mert (I won't name names, I dont have to be a total kiss A$$ like yourself) speaks volumes about the validity of what a rep really is.

A real "rep" is being asked by several members who RUN this website to be a key contributing writer to Billszone. Not a human press release like yourself and some green dots below your signature that you and a few "mafia family" members control.

That's not a "personal attack".. Those are facts.

Am i perfect? Absolutely not. My post from yesterday regarding the New England Patriots offensive line yesterday was incorrect. I'll be the first to admit it.

But more times than not what I have to say is provided with facts and provokes thought. The majority of what you say, that isnt a cut and paste job from another site, makes people simply shake their head. A lot just wont admit it publicly (though more than a few will anyway).. The reason: They actually care about those little green dots.. I do not.

I would discuss Jon Runyan further with you, but why bother. Since he's aging and garbage and from the sounds of your "remarks' there doesnt appear to be a team a team in the league much interested in him... I digress.

EDS
03-21-2006, 07:48 AM
The only issue that's relevant to me is whether or not Walker is better than Gandy. I rather doubt it. Gandy is not the best LT in the league by a long shot, but he is also far from the worst LT. Buffalo paid big money for years to John Fina at LT and he wasn't that good. I donh't think I would be that interested.

Agreed.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Spikes.
Posey.
Adams.
Moulds.
Fletcher.
Milloy.
Lindell.

All got decent to big contracts from Ralph. So to say Ralph will 'never' pay money is wrong.

Good point...
None of those are offensive linemen. TD though gone still doesn't escape criticism either.. Ralph paid money for those guys and got no playoff return on them. I have no doubts TD's neglect of the OL and lack of team wins because of it, has contributed to Wilson's cheapness as evidenced by our 2006 signings.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 07:52 AM

Agreed... Gruden doesn't particuarly care for Walker either.. .. And Mike Gandy being the starting left tackle is indicative of why Buffalo is a 5-11 team. If It's not going to be Runyan and I'm resigned to us not paying him..

I'd rather draft a tackle than pay $3-4 millon a year to Walker.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2006, 07:57 AM
Gandy was adequate last year. I am not sure there is a better investment out there at tackle (other than Shaffer who gobbled up early) than Gandy. At his age and injury history (and cost), I really wonder if Runyon is a better buy.

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Spikes.
Posey.
Adams.
Moulds.
Fletcher.
Milloy.
Lindell.

THANK YOU!!!

It's funny how often you see people ***** about Donohoe overspending for aging 'big-name' vets in one breath, then complain about Ralph being cheap in the next.

EDS
03-21-2006, 08:21 AM
Agreed... Gruden doesn't particuarly care for Walker either.. .. And Mike Gandy being the starting left tackle is indicative of why Buffalo is a 5-11 team. If It's not going to be Runyan and I'm resigned to us not paying him..

I'd rather draft a tackle than pay $3-4 millon a year to Walker.

Runyan is a right tackle. A 35 year old right tackle. He wouldn't beat out Peters.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 08:23 AM
Gandy was adequate last year. I am not sure there is a better investment out there at tackle (other than Shaffer who gobbled up early) than Gandy. At his age and injury history (and cost), I really wonder if Runyon is a better buy.

Are we talking about the same Jon Runyan? the Jon Runyan that I know of hasn't missed a game in NINE years, spanning 144 straight starts.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Runyan is a right tackle. A 35 year old right tackle. He wouldn't beat out Peters.

Runyan is 32.. He wont be 33 until November..

And he wouldnt beat out Jason Peters? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

LOLOL who needs a nine-time Pro Bowl tackle on the universally agreed weakness of a 5-11 team..

justasportsfan
03-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Good point...
None of those are offensive linemen. TD though gone still doesn't escape criticism either.. Ralph paid money for those guys and got no playoff return on them. I have no doubts TD's neglect of the OL and lack of team wins because of it, has contributed to Wilson's cheapness as evidenced by our 2006 signings.that was TD's call not Ralphy. When TD said draft M. Williams and give him the $$$ , Ralph did. No hold outs ,no problems.

Ralphy is cheap but you are looiking at it the wrong way.

jmb1099
03-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Ralph has always been accused of being cheap, but wasn't it Ralph who made Jim Kelly the highest paid qb in the NFL at one point? What about what He Piad Bruce Smith? No need for me to keep going, but Ralph has ponied up money for quality players on past rosters as well as our current roster.

EDS
03-21-2006, 08:51 AM
that was TD's call not Ralphy. When TD said draft M. Williams and give him the $$$ , Ralph did. No hold outs ,no problems.

Ralphy is cheap but you are looiking at it the wrong way.

You are right he is 32, but he is a right tackle. That said, the only way Peters does not start at right tackle this year for the Bills is if he starts at left tackle. You are crazy if you think the Bills are going to bench one of their up-and-coming players in favor of a player on the downside of his career. Maybe if the Bills were gearing up for a super bowl run that might make sense, but the team is in a rebuilding/retooling mode so that is not the case.

You are the one looking at it the wrong way. The Bills are clearing set on developing their young talent and building a team that grow together over 3-4 seasons.

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2006, 09:24 AM
Are we talking about the same Jon Runyan? the Jon Runyan that I know of hasn't missed a game in NINE years, spanning 144 straight starts.

I thought he was hurt this past season. If not, I remove the injury part.

Dicknoze69
03-21-2006, 09:38 AM
I really don't think our lack of big-name free agents is because of Ralph. We signed our fair share of big-name guys under TD.

I think it indicates a shift in philosophy under Marv, where we focus on lesser-known and preferably cheaper players. However, until he addresses the Offensive Line, which I think he will, it will look like lack of progress.

Dicknoze69
03-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah Runyan missed most of last year. Before that, he was extremely durable though.

Jeff1220
03-21-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm much more worried about the interior of the line. Hopefully that will be addressed. Can Runyan or Walker play G?

Dr. Lecter
03-21-2006, 09:54 AM
No, but Gandy can.

Bmax
03-21-2006, 10:03 AM
i don't even know if he is coming in for sure .. did anybody watch the news or have a link.....

Bmax