PDA

View Full Version : C Melvin Fowler, RB Maurice Morris Visited OBD Monday

Night Train
03-21-2006, 05:34 AM
Fowler started 9 games for Minny last year. 3rd round pick of Cleveland out of Maryland in 2002. 22 total starts in the NFL. 6-3 295lbs.

Morris was the backup for Shawn Alexander in Seattle the last 4 years. 5-10, 202 . 2nd round pick from Oregon in 2002. Had 71 carries for 288 yards last season.

Info was in Tuesday mornings Buffalo News.

ZacGriffi~82
03-21-2006, 06:49 AM
Fowler is solid. He was the starter when the Vikes made that nice run last year..

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Maurice Morris is one of the best backup RB's in the NFL..

With Willis always getting banged up, not to mention a threat to hold out over a contract this year or next, he'd be a very good addition.

Fowler is definitely more polished than Preston.. I"ll take vets on my line all day.

ICE74129
03-21-2006, 06:57 AM
Fowler stepped in and did very well last year. But I am sure we are going to hear he sucks blah blah blah.

EDS
03-21-2006, 07:06 AM
Do the Bills have a center on the roster now other than Preston? If not then someone like Fowler would at least be good for depth purposes, assuming he cannot beat out Preston (which he probably can, making Preston a depth player).

ICE74129
03-21-2006, 07:18 AM
Do the Bills have a center on the roster now other than Preston? If not then someone like Fowler would at least be good for depth purposes, assuming he cannot beat out Preston (which he probably can, making Preston a depth player).

I dont think preston is the starter. They are looking at too many potential Centers. If Fowler comes in, he will most likely start

TigerJ
03-21-2006, 07:46 AM
I don't think we need much in the way of RB depth unless the Bills don't think Gates has "it."

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 08:22 AM
Morris won't sign here, some other team will throw some cash at his feet.

Fowler on the other hand, with Hutch going to Minny and Wells staying in AZ, I'm sure views the Bills as very favorable. I'm pretty sure he can play center or guard.

Gunzlingr
03-21-2006, 08:28 AM
Maurice Morris is one of the best backup RB's in the NFL..

With Willis always getting banged up, not to mention a threat to hold out over a contract this year or next, he'd be a very good addition.

Fowler is definitely more polished than Preston.. I"ll take vets on my line all day.

I agree with you :faint:

FlyingDutchman
03-21-2006, 08:30 AM
I was just on ESPN.com and noticed Nate Burleson is a RFA. Why not try to bring him in? He has size and hands which would be good to accompany our speed with Evans and Parrish.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 08:32 AM
I was just on ESPN.com and noticed Nate Burleson is a RFA. Why not try to bring him in? He has size and hands which would be good to accompany our speed with Evans and Parrish.

What about Josh Reed and Andre Davis? We just shelled out money for them.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 08:33 AM
Morris won't sign here, some other team will throw some cash at his feet.

Fowler on the other hand, with Hutch going to Minny and Wells staying in AZ, I'm sure views the Bills as very favorable. I'm pretty sure he can play center or guard.

I agree with you about Morris. Just him being in town and A-Train last week shows what Marv thinks of Shaud WIlliams.

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 08:44 AM
I agree with you about Morris. Just him being in town and A-Train last week shows what Marv thinks of Shaud WIlliams.

I'm not a Shaud fan in the least. The guy has some game, but the thought of him carrying the load is Willis goes down induces vomiting. Morris would be ideal, but because many think the same way, he'll go to the highest bidder with a chance to start (SF, DEN, TEN). I'd be prefectly fine with the A-Train, he got a raw deal in Dallas last year (should of just signed with us) and could be useful at the goal line....something Wills was scared of for most of last year.

FlyingDutchman
03-21-2006, 09:09 AM
What about Josh Reed and Andre Davis? We just shelled out money for them.

True, but i consider Reed far from reliable, and we dont really know what we're getting with Davis. I just feel with the loss of Moulds we are really lacking a WR with size.

Kerr
03-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Hope Fowler signs. He should be an upgrade over Teague.

Mahdi
03-21-2006, 09:34 AM
This would be a good signing. Fowler was one of the top C prospects coming out of college, right behind Bentley. If we can sign him and Wells, it would be the makings of a good line.

Philagape
03-21-2006, 09:38 AM
Mo-Mo would be nice to have, but it won't matter unless we upgrade the line

Kerr
03-21-2006, 10:03 AM
Fowler or Faine is fine with me.

Demon
03-21-2006, 10:20 AM
It'd definetly be nice, but we won't sign Flower.

And Morris, he's a decent RB, to say he's the best backup in the league is over doing it. There's a reason why he played D2 football and why he's a NFL backup....

Michael82
03-21-2006, 11:04 AM
Come on Marv....sign Fowler. :pray:

Philagape
03-21-2006, 11:09 AM

And Morris, he's a decent RB, to say he's the best backup in the league is over doing it. There's a reason why he played D2 football and why he's a NFL backup....

The reason he's an NFL backup is because he was behind Shaun Alexander. And since he would be our backup, he fits the role.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 11:10 AM
The reason he's an NFL backup is because he was behind Shaun Alexander. And since he would be our backup, he fits the role.

Everyone who's a backup fills that role here.

Mahdi
03-21-2006, 11:12 AM

Why wouldnt we sign Fowler?....Its not like he will command that much. Plus, the Bills obviously dont mind handing out a good deal to young O-linemen like Wells. And since they know the Cards will match Wells offer, Fowler would become even more of a priority.

Demon
03-21-2006, 11:13 AM
Yeah, but that would be a more expensive backup then need be, and a less of an upgrade from Shuad Williams or another backup RB we can sign for less money. We have so many holes on this team, I don’t think spending top backup money on a backup RB who may not even be that great, is really the direction we want to go. I’d prefer Shuad Williams as a back up then paying Morris as one of the top backups in the league.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 11:20 AM
mark my words..

If Norris signs with Buffalo, it's going to set McGahee off..

I am NOT saying Willis is the man.. I am NOT saying Willis is a bum.. I am NOT saying he has a RIGHT too. I AM saying that he WILL.

Willis in Willis' mind truly is the best running back in the NFL.. In Willis' mind Willis is tremendously underpaid.. Bringing in someone who may be a threat to his 2006 stats is going to start the Drew Rosenhaus "my RB wants a new deal" wagon a year early..

Mark.. my.. words

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 11:21 AM
As for Fowler.. Any linemen that we bring in that's last name isnt Anderson, Gandy, Teague or Villarrial for that matter, I am happy with..

DraftBoy
03-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Would love to see Fowler and Morris signed.

Whomever said Morris played D2 ball needs to check themselves, bc Morris came from D1 Oregon.

Fowler would be a great signing and if we can sign Neal (still dont know why he wasnt offered a deal to this day). Then our line would be much better. I personally thought Gandy played very well last season and deserves another shot (that being said Id also like to see Andrew Whitworth in rd2 be drafted).

Personally I couldnt give two squirts of piss whether or not McGahee feels threatened by Mo Morris being signed, but isnt he about 1 drug test away from being suspended for the season? McGahee needs to see the people we are bringing in and get his game in check so he deserves more money and a new deal.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 01:34 PM
Would love to see Fowler and Morris signed.

Whomever said Morris played D2 ball needs to check themselves, bc Morris came from D1 Oregon.

Fowler would be a great signing and if we can sign Neal (still dont know why he wasnt offered a deal to this day). Then our line would be much better. I personally thought Gandy played very well last season and deserves another shot (that being said Id also like to see Andrew Whitworth in rd2 be drafted).

Personally I couldnt give two squirts of piss whether or not McGahee feels threatened by Mo Morris being signed, but isnt he about 1 drug test away from being suspended for the season? McGahee needs to see the people we are bringing in and get his game in check so he deserves more money and a new deal.

I agree about Willis. He has MUCH to prove.. and I hate his lackluster attitude.. IT sure as hell dont fit this team. Go play for the Raiders

Mski
03-22-2006, 11:44 AM
I agree about Willis. He has MUCH to prove.. and I hate his lackluster attitude.. IT sure as hell dont fit this team. Go play for the Raiders
:cheers:
lets move him and our #1 to get d'brick or white!

Night Train
03-22-2006, 02:20 PM

:rofl:

Michael82
03-22-2006, 03:48 PM
Thank God you aren't the GM. :phew:

J TES
03-22-2006, 05:24 PM

Umm yeah....Before you go flapping your gums you should do some research. Oregon is D1.