PDA

View Full Version : Runyan Visits Jets

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 08:13 AM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14146979.htm

Could the Bills be considered "close to home" out on Long Island?

I think the Jets will throw some cash at him and he'll be wearing another green soon.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Greatttttttttttttttttttt !

Injured QB to protect.. another young QB you traded for.

Protect him with by FAR the best tackle on the market.

Nope, makes no sense to me for the Jets.. Dont worry though, Buffalo doesnt need him.. and the Jets have alot more cap room than Buffalo, we can't compete with the Jets huge cap.

Oh my bad.. Money will have NOTHING to do with this signing.. The educational system and "cost of living" are much better down in NYC.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 08:28 AM
ANd he'll go to an AFC team, which will instantly make him a BUM on this board.. Just like Duante Culpepper officially is.

I'm already looking forward to Ice's reasoning on why Runyan would be no good to the Bills anyway.

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 08:33 AM
If I'm Runyan, I'd try to work out something with the Jets as well, over the Bills. Compared to NYC, who in the hell would want to live in UPSTATE NEW YORK??? Sure many of us on this board live and for the most part like it here....but what about peeps that have never been here, I'm assuming, like Runyan???

I think alot of us forget about that little fact when were sweating some of these FA's so much. Buffalo or NYC/Long Island....especially if a wife and family is involved, what do you think their preference would be?

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 08:41 AM
If I'm Runyan, I'd try to work out something with the Jets as well, over the Bills. Compared to NYC, who in the hell would want to live in UPSTATE NEW YORK??? Sure many of us on this board live and for the most part like it here....but what about peeps that have never been here, I'm assuming, like Runyan???

I think alot of us forget about that little fact when were sweating some of these FA's so much. Buffalo or NYC/Long Island....especially if a wife and family is involved, what do you think their preference would be?

That's what having a REAL GENERAL MANAGER IS FOR.. WHy would someone want to live in upstate New York.. I'll give you about $4-5 million reasons per year why. Why in the Blue hell is 80-year old MARV the GM if he can't sell players that Buffalo is the "place to be."

man, this board has went from wanting Bentley's and Shaffer's two weeks ago when the cap was increased.... to agreeing with the cheap route we're taking as 'rebuilding"..

Now its gotten to the point that people will defend us not signing anyone with impact due to our lack of what Western New York has to offer people.

Unreal.

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 08:46 AM
That's what having a REAL GENERAL MANAGER IS FOR.. WHy would someone want to live in upstate New York.. I'll give you about $4-5 million reasons per year why. Why in the Blue hell is 80-year old MARV the GM if he can't sell players that Buffalo is the "place to be."

man, this board has went from wanting Bentley's and Shaffer's two weeks ago when the cap was increased.... to agreeing with the cheap route we're taking as 'rebuilding"..

Now its gotten to the point that people will defend us not signing anyone with impact due to our lack of what Western New York has to offer people.

Unreal.

Dude relax.....I'm not justifing anything one way or the other. Try to imagine yourself as Runyan is all I'm saying, what would you do? I'm sure many would pick to NOT be in B-lo, regardless of the money....history has shown that, even all the way back to plan B free agency in the early 90's

Tatonka
03-21-2006, 08:56 AM
he really wants runyan and is going to cry for days on the board if the jets sign him, stallion.

TacklingDummy
03-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Greatttttttttttttttttttt !

Injured QB to protect.. another young QB you traded for.

Protect him with by FAR the best tackle on the market.

John Runyan was a tackle on a team that was just as bad as the Bills.. So how much could he have really helped us.. he couldnt make the "freakin eagles" any better, what says he could make us better.

jmb1099
03-21-2006, 08:58 AM
I want Runyan as well but if he doesn't want to be here than so be it.

Saratoga Slim
03-21-2006, 09:03 AM
John Runyan was a tackle on a team that was just as bad as the Bills.. So how much could he have really helped us.. he couldnt make the "freakin eagles" any better, what says he could make us better.

huh? he could help us (in the short term anyway) b/c he's one of the better RTs in the league. That's how. The Eagles would have been a worse football team without him.

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 09:06 AM
he really wants runyan and is going to cry for days on the board if the jets sign him, stallion.

Jesus, I guess so. Better warn Runyan that if he signs here, Pat will sweating his jock all through training camp. ahaha Maybe that could be reason enough for him to stay out on Long Island

TacklingDummy
03-21-2006, 09:10 AM
huh? he could help us (in the short term anyway) b/c he's one of the better RTs in the league. That's how. The Eagles would have been a worse football team without him.

It was sarcasm for Pat.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 09:28 AM

LOL.. I kinda figured out that was sarcasm and who you referring too, it just took me a minute.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Dude relax.....I'm not justifing anything one way or the other. Try to imagine yourself as Runyan is all I'm saying, what would you do? I'm sure many would pick to NOT be in B-lo, regardless of the money....history has shown that, even all the way back to plan B free agency in the early 90's

LIke Tatonka said, I will be the first to admit that Runyan is at the very TOP of my FA wish list.. He was weeks BEFORE FA started and if you look back at others PUBLISHED On here you'll find the same.

However.. WHen did this franchise EVER get to the point.. even during the 2-win seasons of the mid 1980's.. That I have to imagine myself as a player NOT wanting to be in Buffalo. That's ridiculous.

WHEN it gets to the point we are defending impact players NOT wanting to come to the city of Buffalo, it's hit rock bottom.