PDA

View Full Version : Bills meet with yet another franchise player

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 09:22 AM
Bills | Team meets with M. Pope
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:29:40 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/130">Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record (http://www.kffl.com/link/131), reports the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) met with free agent DT Monsanto Pope (http://www.kffl.com/player/5685/nfl) (Broncos) Monday, March 20.
(per KFFL)

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 09:25 AM
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302107

Link to his player page.

THis report says we already met with him.. Bflo News didnt mention him. Maybe this meeting was cancelled at the last minute. Does anyone really care?

Kerr
03-21-2006, 09:29 AM
I do. I don't want to have to rely on a rookie to handle run stopping duties. Pope has experience and sounds like a good fit next to Trips.

If Pope signs, I gather that opening day starting line will be:

DE Schobel
DT Tripplett
DT Pope
DE Idonije

Gunzlingr
03-21-2006, 09:35 AM
provided Chicago doesn't match the offer

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 09:37 AM
I do. I don't want to have to rely on a rookie to handle run stopping duties. Pope has experience and sounds like a good fit next to Trips.

DE Schobel
DT Tripplett
DT Pope
DE Idonije

You ever see the movie "Major League".. Remember at the beginning of the movie when the guys at the diner are reading the roster of cast-offs and one guy quips "Who are these f##king guys"?

That's turning into the 2006 Buffalo Bills.

The only problem is there wont be any Pictures of Ralph Wilson's naked body in the locker room to take a piece of tape off everytime the Bills get a win.

Though Jeff Garcia would be all about that.

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 09:43 AM
You ever see the movie "Major League".. Remember at the beginning of the movie when the guys at the diner are reading the roster of cast-offs and one guy quips "Who are these f##king guys"?

The only problem is there wont be any Pictures of Ralph Wilson's naked body in the locker room to take a piece of tape off everytime the Bills get a win.

Maybe a Mrs. Wilson cut out....she's a vibrant 55 year old bombshell

Kerr
03-21-2006, 09:58 AM

Well they are a bunch no names pretty much, but I'm fine with it as long as they create havoc against opposing offenses.
Pope was a starter. Trips could have started, but indy rotated their linemen.
Schobel is an obvious starter and Idonije sounds like he'd be slightly better than Kelsay. One can only hope he's the next O-gun.

Demon
03-21-2006, 10:24 AM

DE Schobel
DT Tripplett
DT Pope
DE Idonije

This dude was inactive for like most of last year, wasn't he? What makes you think he's a NFL starter??

Kerr
03-21-2006, 10:28 AM
This dude was inactive for like most of last year, wasn't he? What makes you think he's a NFL starter??

Which guy?

Demon
03-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Which guy?

Pope.... the guy this thread is about. Although, i guess the same can go to Idonije as well. lol

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Per bills.com he is in town today.

Devin
03-21-2006, 10:45 AM
:yawn:

bigbub2352
03-21-2006, 10:45 AM
I think throwing some money at grady jackson wouldn't be a bad move either

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I think throwing some money at grady jackson wouldn't be a bad move either

dont use throwing money and the Bills in the same sentence again, please.

But I TOTALLY agree with you.. I dont think Grady became a bum in 2 months.

Kerr
03-21-2006, 11:17 AM
Pope.... the guy this thread is about. Although, i guess the same can go to Idonije as well. lol

Pope started for Denver a couple years ago.
Idonije based on his stats is almost comparable to Kelsay.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2006, 12:34 PM
dont use throwing money and the Bills in the same sentence again, please.

But I TOTALLY agree with you.. I dont think Grady became a bum in 2 months.
Grady Jackson was a bum before joining the Packers last year. He kept failing his physical in NO and had an attitude problem. He did okay with the Pack but there's a reason they didn't retain him either.

Bill Brasky
03-21-2006, 02:07 PM

:sigh:

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Pope started for Denver a couple years ago.
Idonije based on his stats is almost comparable to Kelsay.

I want stats comparable to Schobel or Pat Williams, NOt Kelsay.