PDA

View Full Version : QB Craig Nall's Contract Numbers

deathadder
03-21-2006, 09:32 AM
Packers | Contract breakdown: C. Nall
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:16:56 -0800

Jason Wilde, of the Wisconsin State Journal, reports Buffalo Bills QB Craig Nall's three-year contract contained base salaries of $600,000 in 2006, $1.1 million in 2007 and $1.25 million in 2008. Nall said he received a $1.3 million signing bonus as well.

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 09:36 AM
very decent for a potential starter.

clumping platelets
03-21-2006, 09:37 AM
Sounds like #2 money.......I suspect he also has escalators/incentives based on playing time

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 09:38 AM
so that means his 2006 cap figure is just over $1 million .. Doesnt sound like a third string QB to me either.

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 09:41 AM
After they draft a QB in the middle rounds next month, smelly Kelly is toast

BidsJr
03-21-2006, 09:59 AM
That is a worse contract than Holcomb got last year considering the new CBA.

That is second string money. He is not our opening day QB.

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 10:01 AM
That is a worse contract than Holcomb got last year considering the new CBA.

That is second string money. He is not our opening day QB.

I dunno...I guarentee GB and Minny were offering him one year deals, and he wanted some security. If he is the opening day starter, and stays that way, this contract will obviously be extended/reworked.

Don't Panic
03-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Regardless, its a very reasonable contract for a guy who will compete to start. I think the plan will unfold like this...

1. Draft a QB in the 3rd round (thank you Travis Henry trade)

2. Cut Holcomb

3. Give JP his last chance to prove himself this year. If it pans out, great. We have an adequate backup in Nall and a QB to groom for the future. If not, we go into 2007 with Nall as the starter (JP cut) with the 3rd rounder waiting in the wings.

I don't know if it'll work, but that's the plan as I see it. It all starts with the draft...

Philagape
03-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Regardless, its a very reasonable contract for a guy who will compete to start. I think the plan will unfold like this...

2. Cut Holcomb

3. Give JP his last chance to prove himself this year. If it pans out, great. We have an adequate backup in Nall and a QB to groom for the future. If not, we go into 2007 with Nall as the starter (JP cut) with the 3rd rounder waiting in the wings.

I don't know if it'll work, but that's the plan as I see it. It all starts with the draft...

Makes sense. That contract looks like an insurance policy.

Demon
03-21-2006, 11:19 AM
very decent for a potential starter.

Way too much for a #3 though.... weak.

patmoran2006
03-21-2006, 11:23 AM

2. Cut Holcomb

sounds reasonable to me, but I dont think they'll even draft a QB as high as the third round, unless Marv has seen someone that he REALLY likes.

Bill Brasky
03-21-2006, 02:12 PM

2. Cut Holcomb

Who the hell are they going to draft in the 3rd at QB? I don't see that happening.