PDA

View Full Version : Here is the profile of a player we could use...

The Quebecer
03-21-2006, 09:42 AM
Versatile lineman with experience at center, guard and tackle…Came into his own as a senior, establishing himself as one of the best drive blockers in the Southeast…Started 25 consecutive games for the Tigers…Intelligent lineman with sound technical skills…Has effective linear speed…Shows good hand placement and takes excellent blocking angles with surprising quickness, despite his frame…Dominates defenders with his lateral agility, showing suddenness to reach and zone…Knows how to sink his hips to maintain balance…Shows good explosion coming off the snap…Makes blocks based on his very good use of his hands…Takes advantage of leverage to make up for a lack of brute strength…Can pull and connect on the move, using his techniques to defeat and control opponents...

He was drafted in 2002... we know him well...

Can you tell me who this guy is?

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Ross Tucker?

The Quebecer
03-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Nope, Tucker played for Princeton... sorry!

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Puke-cillo?

The Quebecer
03-21-2006, 09:50 AM
Bingo!

How can a guy have such a great profile and be so bad?
Makes us wonder, doesn't it?

Italian Stallion
03-21-2006, 09:56 AM
For some reason manboobs had a stiffy for him and thrust him into the starting lineup. I bet even Puke was like "uhh...you want me to start? Ok...."

Not that I'm saying he's worth a damn, but still...GW must not of liked Marques Sullivan or Ross Tucker, because both were better options at that point. Maybe they hit on his wife or something.

Jeff1220
03-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Not funny.

Ickybaluky
03-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Not that I'm saying he's worth a damn, but still...GW must not of liked Marques Sullivan or Ross Tucker, because both were better options at that point. Maybe they hit on his wife or something.

I don't know that Tucker is all that. The Patriots signed him on a 1-year deal for the minimum ($585K) with no signing bonus. Seems to me if he was any good he would command more value.

TigerJ
03-21-2006, 11:56 AM
I remember the basics on Pucillo coming out of college. Good technician, needs to get stronger. I don't think he ever got any stronger.

Mr. Miyagi
03-21-2006, 12:29 PM
I remember the basics on Pucillo coming out of college. Good technician, needs to get stronger. I don't think he ever got any stronger.
Should've bought that Bowflex.

Bill Brasky
03-21-2006, 02:13 PM
Bingo!

How can a guy have such a great profile and be so bad?
Makes us wonder, doesn't it?

The same reason any of our bosses got hired. Anybody can look good on paper.

pintonick96
03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Pucillo signed with Cleveland after Buffalo and did well.